• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played some sniper duels now. The Q hitbox feels... funny. I'm not sure how to describe it. Close range hits seem somehow more difficult than long range ones and I don't think it's the cast animation.

Artanisix

I don't even care about TI5 tbh. LoL World Champions is far more glorious to win than The Internationals even though the prize pool is smaller. It's because it matters more to a bigger audience of people.

Kard8p3

gWg3qgw.png

dank
KaU2vgL.png

memes
p5Ialps.png

ksan

I don't even care about TI5 tbh. LoL World Champions is far more glorious to win than The Internationals even though the prize pool is smaller. It's because it matters more to a bigger audience of people.

eurovision = ~2x as glorious as superbowl

KappaFaceNoSpace

kionedrik

eurovision is better than the superbowl though

I can't believe people still watch the eurovision. Maybe if my country wasn't robbed for 40+ years we would care a little...

This week's stupidest game insight comes from a Magnus that played with me yesterday. He rushed force staff and proceeded to get refresher after it, disregarding blink completely because:
- "Force has a better build-up"
- "They have a Zeus, Blink is useless against him"

VHS indeed...
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png

Edit: Tusk 62% WR in June
Batrider with 0 picks overall is also worthy of note.

I can't believe people still watch the eurovision. Maybe if my country wasn't robbed for 40+ years we would care a little...

This week's stupidest game insight comes from a Magnus that played with me yesterday. He rushed force staff and proceeded to get refresher after it, disregarding blink completely because:

VHS indeed...
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png

This is the type of shit that breaks keyboards.
sick.gif
sick.gif

League of Legends is simply the superior game. Not only is it balanced by one of the greatest balancers of all time GhostCrawler, but the game had a wide range of totally unique and interesting Champions which are all individually customized by Rune Pages and the Masteries system.

Truly, Riot Games are masterful designers of video games as well as the saviors of ESPORTS. While CS:GO might have more explosions, League of Legends is clearly the best ESPORT in every other category. While DOTA 2 may be free, Riot Games' unique monetization system has allowed them to make a more expansive game (features nearly 5x more game modes than DOTA 2), as well as hire the best in ESPORTS such as Trevor "qu1ksh0t" Henry -- who happens to have 2 first names (clearly an improvement over 1 first name) -- as well as put on the best shows in ESPORTS providing entertainment from the hottest acts such as Imaginary Dragons during the occasionally boring laning phase.

im losing my fucking mind

Played Warlock for the first time last night, that dude is super fun

We outplayed the other team hard for most of the game, and I went 20-7 with the most building damage on my team, but late game I couldn't get anyone commit to a push with me and we just got counter-pushed for a loss

games like that are the most frustrating thing

Pratfall

not sure how much feedback you are looking for matt but I played a couple of rounds of snipers duel and had some thoughts

1) I don't quite see the purpose of the machine gun as a weapon. both long range and shotgun seem to serve a specific role but the machine gun just seems like a weapon of last resort instead of something you build a strategy around. Not sure what you would replace it with but just my 2 cents.

2) I think the timber chain can be sped up. Seems too slow to go off right now and I would always rather use the force boots.

3) I sort of agree with NormalFish about the hitboxes though I like that they are super small so you have to hit center mass to get a kill.

Just some off the top of my head thoughts.

inkls

what if the machine gun was replaced with a mortar? Like you fire from super long range and the projectile is slow?

DrPizza

Banned

Uh, he's not wrong.

I mean, the build-up thing is obvious.

And against a Zeus? Static field makes it way too easy to have your blink put on cooldown. The range of that thing is huge and because it hits fogged units, Zeus doesn't even have to be aiming at you to get you with it. This is even more true if the Zeus uses his ult early in the fight rather than to try to kill-steal at the end. Force staff means that you can always take advantage of good Reverse Yolarity opportunities. Blink will leave you RPing the trees after you fail to blink.

Same kind of thing if you're against a Venomancer. If he can get one of his DoTs on you, your blink is unusable for an extended period. Force staff will always work.

inkls

Uh, he's not wrong.

And against a Zeus? Static field makes it way too easy to have your blink put on cooldown. The range of that thing is huge and because it hits fogged units, Zeus doesn't even have to be aiming at you to get you with it. This is even more true if the Zeus uses his ult early in the fight rather than to try to kill-steal at the end. Force staff means that you can always take advantage of good Reverse Yolarity opportunities. Blink will leave you RPing the trees after you fail to blink.

Same kind of thing if you're against a Venomancer. If he can get one of his DoTs on you, your blink is unusable for an extended period. Force staff will always work.

although the dot on poison sting (his passive) does not reset blink dagger cd btw

if you're up against a blink-canceling heavy lineup (radiance etc.) is force staff + shadow blade viable in lieu of blink?

I hate shadow blade builds on Fleagion/Fissure Mama/etc. but sometimes trying to get a good blink off can be frustrating

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Depends on your blink guy and how good the other team is but generally, no.

For example, Tidehunter will almost never replace Blink with something else because you do not need pinpoint accuracy. But Magnus might. The solution to blink-cancelling teams is usually just getting better at positioning or BKB, not dropping blink for force staff and sblade.

yeah bkb works too, I guess

it's the absolute worst when you're the only one on your team who buys a bkb because everyone thinks they're fine without one :(

kionedrik

Uh, he's not wrong.

Force staff will always be a sub-optimal positioning tool and it's a much better disengagement tool than an engagement one. That being said I don't mind him getting force at all, but as a first item and as the only positioning tool he has? I have a problem with that. The limitations of a force only build were perfectly visible in-game since all his RPs where on 1 or 2 and he could easily get 3 or more every single time if he blinked into the middle of them (heavy melee lineup).
The Zeus argument is a weak one. If he ultis just wait 3s and reset the fight, if you are getting hit by arc lightning or his passive just get back a little and use force into blink to engage.

I usually only get force staff as a support if I think I can help out a carry with it or need to mess up an enemy's position (offensive force staffing is super underrated get into it)

I'd probably get it more if it had +1 HP regen but then it'd be OP so w/e

I'll stick with blink

It would be kinda crappy if today went by without even a blog post or anything. It's been a month since they even acknowledged anything about the Compendium, let alone released any stretch goals

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It would be kinda crappy if today went by without even a blog post or anything. It's been a month since they even acknowledged anything about the Compendium, let alone released any stretch goals

Yeah that would sure be pretty shitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom