• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm starting to feed off the immortal thirst a little bit.

What does a past content update have to do with speculation about future content updates?

It's about your 'true game content updates will be nowhere to be seen.' comment. I'm not sure why you think that comment will come true when they've released the previous content update in the middle of people complaining about immortals and stuff, I'm not sure why that would suddenly never happen anymore.

In fact, Valve has always been more active with content updates before and during TI, it's in the months after TI in which nothing happens.

pompidu

45million probably covers their administrative costs for the next decade.

No idea wtf is taking them so long but whatever. It'll come and well end having the same conversation next ti compendium.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yu suzuki only asked for $2 million to make shenmue 3. valve asked for $45 million to make like 30 digital hats. think about that for a second.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shenmue 3 getting made on $2 million.

laugh.gif

Risible

Who is Soule?

Are these guys people I should have heard of?

Well, his brother Jeremy is semi-famous as a game music composer (Guild Wars, amongst others).

I had assumed the soundtrack was from him, but in true WTF fashion it's his brother instead.

Risible

I just checked and Valve claims in the update it's a joint effort by Jeremy and Julian Soule, but Jeremy claims on Twitter it was only his brother. Hmmmm....

pompidu

All these custom games are bad. Only moderately good one is overthrow and thats an unbalanced pos. Hoping some good shit gets up there eventually

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
puck on my all hero challenge, 10 hero challenge and coin challenge.

time to puck it up with one of my worst heroes.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's about your 'true game content updates will be nowhere to be seen.' comment. I'm not sure why you think that comment will come true when they've released the previous content update in the middle of people complaining about immortals and stuff, I'm not sure why that would suddenly never happen anymore.

In fact, Valve has always been more active with content updates before and during TI, it's in the months after TI in which nothing happens.

OK, but my point was if we take Valve's current output for this game, which is truly minimal compared to its competitors, and add to their schedule 4 mini-TIs throughout the year, each likely with its own compendium, nearly their entire year is going to be comprised of these unproductive gear-up/gear-down periods after the events.

All I'm saying is that this new format is going to have them increasingly focused on more cosmetics and even less on actual game updates, of which there are already incredibly few.

BHK3

Banned
OK, but my point was if we take Valve's current output for this game, which is truly minimal compared to its competitors

Honest question, what competitors? League and Hots? I wouldnt even count hots since its a newer release so of course its gonna get plenty of updates, so are you comparing this solely to league?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Honest question, what competitors? League and Hots? I wouldnt even count hots since its a newer release so of course its gonna get plenty of updates, so are you comparing this solely to league?

Yes, League is Dota's primary competitor, but as you said there are some other smaller ones too.

DrPizza

Banned
I think you are underestimating the work going into Source 2. They're fixing engine bugs at a pretty decent rate.

I would love if Valve produced new game content on a reliable schedule. New hats, new heroes, new game modes, new maps. But I don't think that's the kind of company Valve will ever be.

JambiBum

OK, but my point was if we take Valve's current output for this game, which is truly minimal compared to its competitors, and add to their schedule 4 mini-TIs throughout the year, each likely with its own compendium, nearly their entire year is going to be comprised of these unproductive gear-up/gear-down periods after the events.

All I'm saying is that this new format is going to have them increasingly focused on more cosmetics and even less on actual game updates, of which there are already incredibly few.

Truly minimal when they just pushed out an entirely new client based on an updated engine that they are patching multiple times a week. OK.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Also why the fuck would Valve say Jeremy Soule made that music pack when he didn't. It's not like it was a typo or something.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Merlini's theorycrafting videos are so good. Now I have ammo to convince my friends not to buy midas on every carry.

Just checked my word cloud

69CIHA6.png

Not as bad as I expected

I also just lost my first match as Ogre Magi fighting against a phantom cancer
sad.gif

Once he gets diffusal it's gg pretty much if you are slightly behind in farm, and got nothing that can effectively counter him (the nasty fucks covered the earthshaker pick too )
anuxi_mirana.gif

Once he gets diffusal it's gg pretty much if you are slightly behind in farm, and got nothing that can effectively counter him (the nasty fucks covered the earthshaker pick too )
anuxi_mirana.gif

no way, mjollnir's active is absolutely terrifying to fight into as PL and works on a ton of carries (PLs don't get BKB); it can be purged but whatever, most PL players are too dumb to realize that

bfury works, too, and supports can always pick up a veil :)

Mordeccai

valve confirmed lying about jeremy soule composing. filthy no hat giving liars

zWVbK.gif
zWVbK.gif
zWVbK.gif

music is legit good tho. I was using the metal pack for a while and tbh, it got a bit old after about 10 hours. New bloom music was aite, but this is probably the first pack I can see leaving as default over the regular music.

DrPizza

Banned
Truly minimal when they just pushed out an entirely new client based on an updated engine that they are patching multiple times a week. OK.

Right, I think it's important to remember just how long Leeg players have been waiting for stuff like replay support. Our client already kicks the shit out of theirs, and with the new tournament features and custom games, this advantage is only going to stretch further. It's not the same kind of investment as Rito is making, but it's not nothing.

no way, mjollnir's active is absolutely terrifying to fight into as PL and works on a ton of carries (PLs don't get BKB); it can be purged but whatever, most PL players are too dumb to realize that

bfury works, too, and supports can always pick up a veil :)

Thanks for the advice, mjollnir's actually makes a lot of sense will keep in mind.

The main problem was they got deep into our t3 towers within 20 mins, at that point we couldn't even leave the base and I was even more farmed than our void. This PL was far from dumb, he even purged himself from a medallion Venge casted on him and he always focused on supports, there was a slim chance of us winning that game.

Next time I face him I will go either doom or earth spirit for the ultimate cure for cancer.

How do I do the word cloud thing

http://yasp.co/

You gotta sing in through steam in order to get access to those features.

JC Sera

Btw, cause the dota reborn client is absolute shit on mac, can someone tell me if the map is different enough that I should put off taking screenshots for my warding guide for when reborn comes out, or using current map screenshots will be fine?
LCnCRPK.gif

kvk1

Btw, cause the dota reborn client is absolute shit on mac, can someone tell me if the map is different enough that I should put off taking screenshots for my warding guide for when reborn comes out, or using current map screenshots will be fine?
LCnCRPK.gif

i would probably hold off

there are some significant changes to certain parts of the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom