• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Kreygasm.png

http://i.imgur.com/gcNEaJd.gifv

Found her kid

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here play either of the captain's mode solo queue (unranked/ranked)? Good experiences or just stick with all pick?

Anyone here play either of the captain's mode solo queue (unranked/ranked)? Good experiences or just stick with all pick?

I've played both modes mainly in unranked/solo and it wasn't bad. Occasionally you may get a captain that doesn't care what your best options are. Expectations are for you to be able to play most hero's anyway. Captains Draft is actually fun since it's limited and you are forced into unique combos. Only once did I get a total troll captain that picked chen, meepo, wisp, nature's prophet and AM then proceeded to feed. I just looked back and the match team totals ended with 7 kills and 110 deaths since he fed any abandoned players. Strangely enough he convinced another guy on the team to start feeding as well.

I forgot to send an invite to you the other night. Add me steam, name is the same as my gaf name. I'll join up with you for some matches when I'm on.

People expect you to play anything and everything with masterful proficiency? Nerd rage? Toxic 4 stacks?

You know that idiot who picks the worst heros in the dumbest roles imaginable? now imagine he picks every hero on your team.

If you know nothing about the other members of your team you won't be able to draft for them, and if the whole team puts their fate into the hands of a complete stranger it's a recipe for disaster.

Hylian7

I had no idea old unlocked chests still occasionally drop. I just got the mushroom chest in a drop and got the Broodmother taunt out of it.

People expect you to play anything and everything with masterful proficiency? Nerd rage? Toxic 4 stacks?
Drafting is not an easy task, you can't trust random strangers to draft you a hero you can play, let alone draft an entire team that isn't awful.

Besides that a lot of people quit minute one because they're not a fan of what their captain drafted.

CM and CD can be fun if you're stacking and want to tryhard, other than that the less you rely on your teammates when solo queuing the more fun you'll have.

Hylian7

Well I'm being griefed right now in a way I haven't seen before.

My friend bought wards and dropped them in base for me to take and place them.

Our Meepo took them and is holding to them and refusing to place them.

Once I've finally understood Spectre I've realized: She's fucking godly in pubs.

That's assuming you can get a support who will help you in the laning phase and not autoattack creeps... I honestly don't get why I still have to ask supports in my lane to let me take last hits.

Chris R

That's assuming you can get a support who will help you in the laning phase and not autoattack creeps... I honestly don't get why I still have to ask supports in my lane to let me take last hits.

I only take last hits when the carry has shown they don't know how to do it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was referring to her... pub viability.

It is rare that I ever see a Spectre do useful things. I have better experiences with Medusas.

Hylian7

I was referring to her... pub viability.

It is rare that I ever see a Spectre do useful things. I have better experiences with Medusas.

Then you get shitty Spectres that don't understand her at all. You gotta max Desolate to even contribute early. I don't think I have ever been successful maxing Dagger first.

Beyond that, it's about farming patterns, watching the map and taking kills (or just ulting to help) when you can. The road to Radiance.

Yeah, even with a ~25-30 minute Radiance, stopping her is super difficult.

I actually don't think I have won a Spectre game where I didn't go Radiance.

idk its probably cause i suck (or maybe cause my team sucked....) but last time i played her i literally had 17 mins rad treads wraith band and lost handily

Jackson50

Then you get shitty Spectres that don't understand her at all. You gotta max Desolate to even contribute early. I don't think I have ever been successful maxing Dagger first.

Beyond that, it's about farming patterns, watching the map and taking kills (or just ulting to help) when you can. The road to Radiance.
I don't play her often, but I also max Desolate first. 65 pure damage at level 7 is strong. I put two points in Spectral Dagger and wait to level Dispersion. The typical pub build maxes Dagger first, but I think that's a mistake caused by a general apprehension to play her offensively. Two points in Dagger, max Desolate, and, assuming your support pays attention, you can usually kill someone with relative ease.

Hylian7

I don't play her often, but I also max Desolate first. 65 pure damage at level 7 is strong. I put two points in Spectral Dagger and wait to level Dispersion. The typical pub build maxes Dagger first, but I think that's a mistake caused by a general apprehension to play her offensively. Two points in Dagger, max Desolate, and, assuming your support pays attention, you can usually kill someone with relative ease.

Exactly, except that I usually get a value point in Dispersion. The way I see it: Blocking some damage for one point > blocking no damage (other than Stout Shield or what have you)

Hylian7

1-4-1-1 Spectre with PMS - Phase - MoM - Radiance all the way. Such a decent build.

She may lack pro viability but she's fine in my 4k pubs.
The MoM is laughable, but one trend I have never understood is Phase Spectre: Why? +damage doesn't pass to your illusions, you have dagger to keep from getting body blocked, and you are losing out on the benefits of tread switching.

The MoM is laughable, but one trend I have never understood is Phase Spectre: Why? +damage doesn't pass to your illusions, you have dagger to keep from getting body blocked, and you are losing out on the benefits of tread switching.

MoM ain't laughable at all. Item is decent unless you are up against Lina or the likes. If the lane goes poorly, which happens with Spectre more often than not, you can jungle reliably.

Spectre has really bad base damage and move speed. Phase helps with both. When you're trying to chase for kills dagger + phase makes it much easier to run down heroes that are running away.

Low Tier
both boots choices are fine, depends on the game. if ur against shit like qop or lina i'd say treads ofc, but if they dont have heroes to stop u from clicking and/or you just wait until after spells are thrown, phase in conjunction with MoM is a fantastic way to get kills.

hero's fun, and not as shitty as pubs make her out to be.

ultimate shit hero = sven

Opinions on OD? He seems awful right now apart from still being able to dominate mid lane.

Also fuk Steven Universe, new Bojack Horseman in 2 weeks Kreygasm.png

Opinions on OD? He seems awful right now apart from still being able to dominate mid lane.

I enjoy playing him because his Q and his R have oomphy sound effects but meh, I dunno about his viability. I would probably never pick him unless I random him these days. Also, his Agh's gives the enemy team a free Phase Shift. Not sure what that is about.

aghs sucks
octarine is ok though, good lifesteal and is perfect for him in general
he's still pretty bad tho, needs to snowball from early game or he does jackshit

pompidu

Also fuk Steven Universe, new Bojack Horseman in 2 weeks Kreygasm.png

I like him but he needs a shit load of items to be viable and there is better mids out there that are useful for the whole game, not just the last 10mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom