• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's assuming you can get a support who will help you in the laning phase and not autoattack creeps... I honestly don't get why I still have to ask supports in my lane to let me take last hits.

I was in a lane with a kotl the other night. He didn't understand I needed him to harass the opponents hero's to keep them away. I also asked him to stop spamming his spell into the creep wave since its pushing the lane. He said we wanted to push towers only for the whole team to chime in and say not yet. He gave himself mana a few times even though I needed it before rolling out to another lane.

Looking back this weekend had some horrible matches.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What would you guys say the word for a game like Dota is: it brings people into a larger ecosystem (aka Steam)?

Incentive. Like with credit cards or other subscription services.

There's majors next year so singsing would probably end up cobbling together 4 last-minute teams to try and qualify for a tournament.

Unless he gets rotated into a good EU team in the post-TI shuffle.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Loss leader

laugh.gif

DrPizza

Banned
This has bothered me, and I think it's been there ever since the compendium effects released: Why is the Boots of Travel TP effect always white where it should be the color of the player TPing?

Generally felt to be a bug that for some reason they haven't fixed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm not even sure you can call Dota an Incentive to use steam a large amount of the player base only plays Dota still.

I personally think "Money Factory" is likely the best way to refer to it. Make a few models, get a million dollars.

kionedrik

Let's tackle this important issue of a troublesome hero by calling to remove said hero from the game.

Way ahead of you!

Everyone that willingly picks Bloodseeker should be forced to spend a week at Ramsay Bolton's keep.

16M stretch goal idea: delete BS from the game!

On a serious note, either making Rupture not pierce through magic immunity or making bloodrage heal % scale (5%,10%,15%,20%) and/or giving it a mana cost would fix a lot of the issues with the hero

Haly

I'm not even sure you can call Dota an Incentive to use steam a large amount of the player base only plays Dota still.

Well it's like Costco's chickens, right? You go to buy a chicken and then you maybe pick up something else while you're there.

Except they made a system where you can customize your chicken with seasoning for $2, and then they allowed people to sell their own seasoning mixes. Eventually the system grew to the point where the rotisserie business overwhelmed the rest of the store.

As the chicken business grew, they created a multi-store event so that, every year, the top customers from around the world gather to have a chicken eating competition and you can donate money to fund their prize pool, as well as get special limited edition artisanal seasoning mixes.

Haly

I loath the rotisserie chicken to be totally honest. It's dry as fuck.

Quesa

The loss leader is the fact that it's free-to-play. It's like saying "Walmart's got a cool fucking slip-n-slide set you can just go and use, and they've got go-karts you can ride for free." And then also you can buy stuff there to make enhance your slip-n-slide and go-karting experience? This analogy fell apart.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I loath the rotisserie chicken to be totally honest. It's dry as fuck.

I think most places just over cook it, the restaurant I worked at in high school specialized in rotisserie chicken and it was not at all dry. I guess it helps that you could eat it on the spot out of the oven, where stores would place it in boxes under heat lamps for hours on end.

Jackson50

I come back to dota after a small break and every_single_game has a Bloodseeker. What the hell happened? Nobody was playing him a while ago.
Thirst buff. BS now gains max MS and AS at the 25% threshold, so he flies around the map now. I posted it in the thread a few days ago; his pick rate has increase by over 50% since the first of June.

Haly

I think most places just over cook it, the restaurant I worked at in high school specialized in rotisserie chicken and it was not at all dry.

Well I was speaking of Costco's chickens in particular.

Yeah, me calling it a "loss leader" was half-joking. I know they make a ton of money on it from whales like me, but I'm just one person out of 11 million people playing this game per month. I have to imagine a huge chunk of that audience won't pay a penny for it. Servers ain't cheap.

I think Valve acquiring DOTA which has a huge following in Russia, Asia, Central/South America, and other regions where they wanted to expand Steam was definitely a calculated move. Now Valve just needs to acquire idolmaster or kancolle so Japanese people will use Steam too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom