• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is the kind of person who votes for Zeus.

TUSR

Banned
Ofg6Aia.png

pokemon showdown roleplaying channel is the best

bts_lina.gif

Chris R

How do you get 56 last hits as a sniper in a 50 minute game?

And why does it seem these players always end up on my team :(

Built Daedalus first when he should have built Maelstrom or basically anything else to make the game easier for them

TUSR

Banned
How do you get 56 last hits as a sniper in a 50 minute game?

And why does it seem these players always end up on my team :(

Built Daedalus first when he should have built Maelstrom or basically anything else to make the game easier for them

BIG GAINS

Hylian7

I'm probably going to email Gabe or something about this, but I wanted to get you guys' take on this. I'm working on a Dota-themed Pebble Watch Face that's themed after the Dota 2 HUD. Here's a mockup of it (still working on the actual watch face):

BIQMNSp.png

The idea here is that the game clock will be the time, the dial will rotate just like in-game, and the sun and moon represent AM and PM.

K/D/A will be M/D/Y for the date (with a D/M/Y option for those that prefer that).

LH/D I'm not completely decided on yet, but I'm thinking that might be F/C as in Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures.

Anyway, my question here is this: I plan to put this for free on the Pebble app store, make the source code public, but I was reading around about the legality of this and I'm not too sure.

The closest thing I found is this really: http://www.valvesoftware.com/videopolicy.html

We're not fine with taking assets from our games (e.g. voice, music, items) and distributing those separately.

Now, people put audio-only YouTube stuff out there of announcer packs, music packs, showing off the models, etc. Would I potentially be in hot water with Valve over this? I'm probably gonna email Gabe and ask if I can.

Acinixys

Anyway, my question here is this: I plan to put this for free on the Pebble app store, make the source code public, but I was reading around about the legality of this and I'm not too sure.

As long as you dont charge money for it it could be ok?

Intellectual property law is complex as fuck though.

Heard of a niche illness that goes by the acronym PTSD?

5480134+_5f3a6dcb0472e29dab3cc4dc2268db69.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Square Enix is making Dragon Quest Minecraft. I think I saw something about 5 announcements over the next 5 weeks. Anyone want to place bets on League of Dragon Quest being announced?

Hylian7

Square Enix is making Dragon Quest Minecraft. I think I saw something about 5 announcements over the next 5 weeks. Anyone want to place bets on League of Dragon Quest being announced?

Would not surprise me at all. Square would rather just play "me too" at this point.

I'm still salty over that TWEWY countdown three years ago.

Edit: I have to try this now.

BIQMNSp.png

Edit 2: Okay that's pretty cool, when did that get added?

Jackson50

I can't recall if I've ever won with a Lone Druid on my team. He has the six lowest win rate according to Dotabuff. I can't help but groan when he's selected.

JC Sera

ok
so I've completed the 3 heroes on my hero challenge
not been playing a lot of games due to time issues, mainly been coaching friends
I log into dota and it tells me I've FINISHED my first 10 hero challenge, and I am onto my second. And I've complete bristleback for that.

I haven't played any BB games in the last 6 months. How the hell did I complete the 10 hero challenge?
My theory is its been counting coaching games.

ok
so I've completed the 3 heroes on my hero challenge
not been playing a lot of games due to time issues, mainly been coaching friends
I log into dota and it tells me I've FINISHED my first 10 hero challenge, and I am onto my second. And I've complete bristleback for that.

I haven't played any BB games in the last 6 months. How the hell did I complete the 10 hero challenge?
My theory is its been counting coaching games.

This is an amazing revelation that I should make use of to finish mine as well. Let's hope it doesn't get patched out.

So... purely hypothetically... if I were to lane as slark in to venomancer/earth spirit duo lane, how would I go about it?

**Solo safelane, btw.

kionedrik

So... purely hypothetically... if I were to lane as slark in to venomancer/earth spirit duo lane, how would I go about it?

**Solo safelane, btw.

Sap EXP and max Dark Pact by 7 then go jungle and farm. You should have enough gold to start the process with brown boots and basi ring which is all the sustain you need to catch up.

edit: that combo is also very likely to push heavily which will allow you to get a few LH under tower.

didn't think to bottle crow since I never really build bottle on slark. Don't think it would've stopped me getting shit on since there were wards anyway.

Demoli's how-to is pretty much my experience

I also can't stress enough how farm and XP reliant Windrunner is. I love the hero but I usually need Phase -> Aghs -> Crystalis -> Shadow Blade in order to be a real threat at which point the game is oftentimes irreversibly lost or won. Up to that point I find her impact just too low to be worth a pick.

She's very much a mid-to-late or even straight up late game hero I feel. Wish she accomplished more in the early game. Maybe I just suck with her but I'm fairly sure I don't.

Pratfall

while it is still very likely ti will solve this meta, it is amazing how little complaining there is about staleness in this patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom