• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but you are going to have to fight them, and you need Blink and most likely BKB too for that. Better to let someone else get your Mek if you want to do that.

no
blink first enigma sucks ass
SR > brown boots > mek > blink > greaves > bkb > whatever (switch bkb with blink and greaves depending on game)
enigma gets mek period

sixghost

Sure, but you are going to have to fight them, and you need Blink and most likely BKB too for that. Better to let someone else get your Mek if you want to do that.

Even a buckler makes Enigma a pushing machine early on. You don't need a blink to get good black holes early on in the game.

JC Sera

I don't remember the last time I saw blink first enigma

like 30 years ago
Even with all the nerfs on it, mek is still pretty amazing on blue boots/soul ring enigma. Then getting blink and transitioning into guardian greaves, you have everything core to Enigma. However this is trench perspective here.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYYmz41IqIs
is it bad I want a version of this with "mmm whatcha say overlayed when the countdown starts

Hylian7

Even a buckler makes Enigma a pushing machine early on. You don't need a blink to get good black holes early on in the game.

To get effective ones that don't get immediately stop I feel like you do. It's all about the element of surprise, and even if you can't get a perfect 5-man, you need BKB generally.

Madouu

I hate blink first enigma in most games. On the other hand, it's very hard to fight into an 8-9 minutes mek so that should always be a priority item in my opinion. Sometimes the threat of the black hole is much more powerful than actually using your black hole.

Source: I play a lot of enigma.

I hate blink first enigma in most games. On the other hand, it's very hard to fight into an 8-9 minutes mek so that should always be a priority item in my opinion. Sometimes the threat of the black hole is much more powerful than actually using your black hole.

Source: I play a lot of enigma.

I also like getting mek first, but sometimes I go blink if I feel the team would be in a more advantageous position with the initiation provided than a defensive item.

gai_shain

To get effective ones that don't get immediately stop I feel like you do. It's all about the element of surprise, and even if you can't get a perfect 5-man, you need BKB generally.

You arent initiating in the early fights if you get mek first anyway, you use it mid fight not at the start. If you just try to walk up to them to black hole you will obviously die, just wait a bit use midnight pulse heal your team and then blackhole

DrPizza

Banned
enigma tips? Is the hero just useless if you don't land awesome black holes?

Don't stress about "awesome black holes". If you can use that thing to make sure you get kills on their carry, do it.

Push towers with eidolons, make the enemies fight in midnight pulse, get Mek, get Greaves, Get Aghs, get Refresher.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
IHL Grand Final is set for Saturday 7/11 @ 12pm pst/3pm est!!.

Sadly I will be gone during that time so I won't be around, but if anyone wants to cast the game, please let me or TUSR know (or maybe TUSR will cast
wink.gif
)!

Hylian7

IHL Grand Final is set for Saturday 7/9 @ 12pm pst/3pm est!!.

Sadly I will be gone during that time so I won't be around, but if anyone wants to cast the game, please let me or TUSR know (or maybe TUSR will cast
wink.gif
)!

I Steam messaged you, I can cast it.

blackhole important targets, doesn't have to be amazing 4 or 5 ones. If it guarantees a kill on someone important, do it.

prefer arcane to mek to blink strat personally. if you have someone else to stun, you can always walk in you get me.

edit: i can cast it

ksan

i honestly think 6 years old swedes are better at communicating in csgo than mumblegaf

im guessing they havent noticed the volume command in the console, cause they dont even call their nades when pushing

Vade

i honestly think 6 years old swedes are better at communicating in csgo than mumblegaf

im guessing they havent noticed the volume command in the console, cause they dont even call their nades when pushing

Swedes communicate telepathically unfair racial bonus.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It said by the end of the week that is deliberately vague it could be today or tomorrow or maybe even Saturday but probably not

Quesa

SFIII Ken > Alpha Ken > SFII Ken > SFV Ken > SFIV Ken

Where's C. Viper?
Where's Juri?
Where's Makoto?

Who cares about garbage shoto fuckos like [in extremely Mike Ross voice] Keeeen???

If you think they'd announce them before Ken you're on crazy juice. Hope Juri and Makoto make the initial lineup, though.

Kade

Where's C. Viper?
Where's Juri?
Where's Makoto?

Who cares about garbage shoto fuckos like [in extremely Mike Ross voice] Keeeen???

Demoli

I think it'll be Blanka based on this but there's nothing saying we can't get another Brazilian fighter so who knows.

God fucking dammit why does Ono keep shoehorning that annoying ass green goblin into every street fighter game.

That character actually worsens every game it's in.

Kade

For the next OT, it should be written as "Dota 2", not "DOTA 2" or "DotA 2", as those are not the correct or current branding stylisations.

I just got a notification that something changed with the dedicated server... nothing on reddit yet and SteamDB doesn't list a change... HMMM

For the next OT, it should be written as "Dota 2", not "DOTA 2" or "DotA 2", as those are not the correct or current branding stylisations.

THANK YOU. Glad I'm not the only one who is obsessive about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom