• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

I love pugna too LD

jbch4NqmokYr05_e.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Thank god deathballing isn't possible any more.

I mean this is precisely the reason why the comeback mechanic was absolutely stupid. When you get completely outdrafted, outlaned, and outplayed this hard, the result should be a swift loss and a gg go next. It made comebacks feel forced and artificial, and not really deserving. C9 doesn't deserve to be anywhere near close to winning any of those two games, nor have the potential to turtle them out for an extra 60 minutes.

We already saw some 60+ min games at redbull, and some close back n forth games in the grand finals. Dota should just be like any other sport, stomps guna be stomps when you get outplayed, and close games are going to be close games when both teams have a solid draft and bring their A game. There shouldn't be a mechanic that forces or creates close games just because--that takes away a lot from what makes dota, dota. It also invalidates the laning stage and the draft to a large extent.

I wouldn't mind seeing the tower armor nerf reverted or some number changes to make sure teams don't immediately roll down 2-3 towers after a teamfight, but I never want to see the comeback mechanic return. That wasn't the right way to go about controlling deathball imo.

just my thoughts anyhow, other opinions might be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom