• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
I have noticed that a lot of Dota personalities call everyone 'he' or 'him'.

I don't know why, but this annoys me far more than it has any right to. How hard is it to use the right pronouns?

======

So last weekend I moved to NYC from Houston. My USE pings have gone from 100 to 45, my USW pings have gone from 120 to 115 (lel) and even EUW is now only 115. Huge success.

Madouu

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1471243883

I think the phoenix took bdiz's farm in lane so he started feeding rapiers to us and all chatting in broken English.
troll.gif

Correction, it was the bounty hunter shadow fiend that was taking jungle ancient creeps from him that set him off. bdiz was in a three-stack with the rubick and phoenix.

never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Ac09PAR7w

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tfw you're a fucking witch doctor and your kd ratio is higher than your trash slark carry and yet the trash slark carry insists on TRYING it with you in the chat
QNkEBqg.gif
QNkEBqg.gif
QNkEBqg.gif
QNkEBqg.gif

I don't think there's anything wrong with entering Welfare Mode after you've gotten a good base for yourself (or if someone on your team needs Aghs as quickly as possible)

kionedrik

Looking at my dotabuff I've just noticed I have an abysmal WR with PA.

What's the consensus on item build on her?

I like Treads more than Phase Boots. After that I tend to get RoA, HoD, BKB and Basher. Sometimes I get Bfury but it really comes down to what heroes the enemy has. Is it still worth getting Drums? What about SnY (never build this on her btw)? Anyone tried Solar Crest on her?

Skill-wise do you go for 4-4-1 or 4-1-4?

Wok

Looking at my dotabuff I've just noticed I have an abysmal WR with PA.

What's the consensus on item build on her?

I like Treads more than Phase Boots. After that I tend to get RoA, HoD, BKB and Basher. Sometimes I get Bfury but it really comes down to what heroes the enemy has. Is it still worth getting Drums? What about SnY (never build this on her btw)? Anyone tried Solar Crest on her?

Skill-wise do you go for 4-4-1 or 4-1-4?

http://jjcm.org/blog/how_to_play_pa/

First item Medallion makes a lot more sense than RoA. Otherwise your build is all good against the usual line-ups countering PA.

idfPCbO.png

This is my preferred build though:

E50eMBl.png

Maxing blur is not needed unless you face a really aggressive physical damage lane... or want an early Rosh/jungle. Anyway:

LVbXWC4.png

Madouu

boots (midas) treads vlads manta ac works exceptionally well in my bracket as long as you are not a slowpoke at farming.

From there you go for whatever you need, basher, mkb, skadi, bkb, shivas w/e, you are pretty much unkillable with this silly build. It has a 40w-9l record in the last 6 months in the 4k bracket. Make sure you max blur over phantom strike with this item build.

She's an amazing split pusher because people just forget about her when they don't see her on the map...

Just watched that c9 vs VG game 2 (because game 1 was so boring i fell asleep by the end)

What were they thinking with that draft?!
At least RAVE got some kills in their series.

Wok

boots (midas) treads vlads manta ac works exceptionally well in my bracket as long as you are not a slowpoke at farming.

From there you go for whatever you need, basher, mkb, skadi, bkb, shivas w/e, you are pretty much unkillable with this silly build. It has a 40w-9l record in the last 6 months in the 4k bracket. Make sure you max blur over phantom strike with this item build.

She's an amazing split pusher because people just forget about her when they don't see her on the map...

I don't understand how you can win all these games without a BKB on PA.

5 BKB in 25 games? WTF. Either you are really good at outfarming opponents, or what the hell is 4k...

Raytow

He is now the janitor of the dota team(also the only member of said team) which means he now adopts the icefrog code name as the real one is now long dead.

Acinixys

He is now the janitor of the dota team(also the only member of said team) which means he now adopts the icefrog code name as the real one is now long dead.

Jokes aside I have always felt that the real IF left Dota development years ago

And now Valve just use his name as a foundation for everything they do, because people really respect the idea of IF being behind the scenes making the game excellent

I mean how can someone go 10+ years and not have his identity revealed? This is 2015, we have the technology

bts_watermelon.gif

kionedrik

Thanks for this. I read it and I agree with most of his reasoning. Seems like I had the right mindset which means I have to work on my execution.

I'm curious to try Medallion/Solar Crest on her. Evasion stack with blur right?

I'm on the high-3k-low-4k bracket. Do Manta illusions have blur?

I usually max blur last but it may be time to max it second and fight early (earlier).

gai_shain

Jokes aside I have always felt that the real IF left Dota development years ago

And now Valve just use his name as a foundation for everything they do, because people really respect the idea of IF being behind the scenes making the game excellent

I mean how can someone go 10+ years and not have his identity revealed? This is 2015, we have the technology

bts_watermelon.gif

it was quite easy to find out who icefrog is in the past so there are enough people that know who he is

Satch

Banned
does anybody ever go look at the very beginning of their dotabuff and take a trip down memory lane

i used to build bloodstone and/or tranquils on everyone. i bought maelstrom on zeus once...

Wok

Thanks for this. I read it and I agree with most of his reasoning. Seems like I had the right mindset which means I have to work on my execution.

I'm on the high-3k-low-4k bracket. Do Manta illusions have blur?

I usually max blur last but it may be time to max it second and fight early (earlier).

Yeah but Medallion is sufficient. Solar Crest was not so great in my games.

Trickster

So I just tried out Clockwerk for the first time yesterday, seems like a really fun hero, though not really sure how to play him well. My friends were saying that once I hit level 6 on him, it's time to just start roaming and looking for fights. That true?

Wok

I think I won't be able to play something else than Riki in ranked due to the MMR boosting. For any other heroes, I will have to play unranked.

S0qaH2u.png

I am at least in the top 40% of Riki players due to this stupidly good Riki support guide.

6JtqUsf.png

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Going to be weird without him. Also, people are going to make the wrong assumption that he's in the Dota team. There's no guarantee for that.

That's true but isn't Valve's thing we let people work on what they want to work on?
That said I don't know Bruno so I can't say if he has other challenges in the software field he would be more interested in tackling than working on dota 2.

Red UFO

So I just tried out Clockwerk for the first time yesterday, seems like a really fun hero, though not really sure how to play him well. My friends were saying that once I hit level 6 on him, it's time to just start roaming and looking for fights. That true?
True. Solo lane to get a fast level 6, hook shot into another lane. Farm lanes while hook shot is on cool down.

aeolist

Banned
I don't know why, but this annoys me far more than it has any right to. How hard is it to use the right pronouns?

======

So last weekend I moved to NYC from Houston. My USE pings have gone from 100 to 45, my USW pings have gone from 120 to 115 (lel) and even EUW is now only 115. Huge success.

downside: you're in houston

The M.O.B

If you went 3-1-1-1, you are easily able to kill any hero that doesn't have an escape mechanism.

Heroes that can disrupt you or easily escape your cogs will give you trouble.

Going to be weird without him. Also, people are going to make the wrong assumption that he's in the Dota team. There's no guarantee for that.

I remember when a prominent TF2 community member got a job at Valve.

The TF2 community thought it was a new era for them, having an inside man.
He ended up working on the databases for the Steam Store and only did TF2 work every so often (and doesn't do any anymore).

Smithy C

I'd be suspect building that on her, as it's putting money into a build that can be all but countered by the enemy making an item they're going to want to build against you anyway. If you can get it early enough where you farm up other items and then replace it when/if one of them builds mkb, that'd probably be good, but it's still quite an investment.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does anybody ever go look at the very beginning of their dotabuff and take a trip down memory lane

i used to build bloodstone and/or tranquils on everyone. i bought maelstrom on zeus once...

my first game i was sven and i bought crystalis, mom, and bkb

pro at dota from the start tbqh

RS4-

If you went 3-1-1-1, you are easily able to kill any hero that doesn't have an escape mechanism.

Heroes that can disrupt you or easily escape your cogs will give you trouble.

If you catch a support, you can probably kill them with just 1-1-0. I wouldn't really suggest hooking someone like Void, Drow, and PA. Blademail helps with the latter if they man fight you, but they can always blink out anyway. Getting glimpsed out isn't a good thing either.

But if you catch them alone, and you have some backup, hook, then position yourself so your cogs push the enemy towards your team.

Assault doesn't hit invis units (unless you have true sight), so don't expect to stun sand king out of his sandstorm; instead you can position the cogs so it hits him out.

If someone pops bkb and tries to TP, you can hook shot to stop the channeling. The more you play, the more you get used to hook shot speed so you can catch people in fog. Same with flare.

Hook to neutrals, team mates, creeps if you need to escape.

kionedrik

I'd be suspect building that on her, as it's putting money into a build that can be all but countered by the enemy making an item they're going to want to build against you anyway. If you can get it early enough where you farm up other items and then replace it when/if one of them builds mkb, that'd probably be good, but it's still quite an investment.

My reasoning behind wanting to try this item is the -armor it gives. Of course the evasion/blind is a nice bonus.

MKB isn't usually something you rush on any carry, even vs PA, so the added evasion can be quite useful till then and even after he gets it I can disassemble the Solar Crest and use the talisman for a butterfly. The evasion will be useless against him but the +agi will be a nice thing to have.

Seems likely that the Compendium updates will come today. Hoping the challenge system gets revamped a bit. Having to wait so long for new challenges is a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom