• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Key begging and IceFrog Worship

Gilby

So I finally got into this game, installed it, and checked to see that it ran. It does, but I had to leave immediately after starting it the first time, and now all that helpful-first-time stuff is nowhere to be found. How do I access that?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So I finally got into this game, installed it, and checked to see that it ran. It does, but I had to leave immediately after starting it the first time, and now all that helpful-first-time stuff is nowhere to be found. How do I access that?

There's no turtorial anyway. Just look at some Youtube turtorials.

drkOne

What? People are selling keys for around 10 bucks in this thread, and you "What??" me for trading mine for TF2 items?

I already gave 2 keys away to Gaffers back when I got Dota 2 in October, both to people who played for 20 hours tops. I'm not making that mistake again.

If you're not interested enough in trading stuff you have no use for, for a Dota 2 key, maybe you just don't want the Dota 2 key that much, in which case I'll just trade it to someone who does. Can you blame me?

Duo014

I have an EU resistance psp vita full game code, i want to get a key for my girl because she loves diablo & starcraft (I don't play pc games) and our common friends who play those games allso play dota and she wants to try it out.

thnx pm me if you have a key.

ManeKast

Got a spare DOTA 2 beta key here for trade, would like Binary Domain or Alpha Protocol on Steam, if possible, or other Steam items/games (no TF2 or DOTA stuff pls). PM if interested.

# edit: also will accept any of the wonder boy in monster land games.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I also come begging for a key. Got excited when I had an install only to find out it was only spectator mode.

Looking for a key - I have a 25% off anything code for origin if anyone is interested. Or diablo 3 items, particularly witch doctor stuff.

How can people get a spare key in the first place? I wanna know. (The topic is too long to navigate.)
Except buying it from the store obviously.

JustinBB7

How can people get a spare key in the first place? I wanna know. (The topic is too long to navigate.)

Valve gave out 2 extra keys at the start, and at one point they sent out random keys to users who already had them. Also people get keys on their alt accounts..

JustinBB7

I still need one for a friend, I can give 2 dota keys for it (which is the standard on reddit right now, but I don't like reddit so asking here lol)

Aselith

You get two extras when you are added to the beta and some people apparently don't have friends.

Now that I've insulted you, someone give me your extra key!

Seriously though someone give me a key. I have a friend that must play this game.

JustinBB7

You get two extras when you are added to the beta and some people apparently don't have friends.

Now that I've insulted you, someone give me your extra key!

Seriously though someone give me a key. I have a friend that must play this game.

They stopped giving 2 extra keys for months now.

Luminous_Reaver

Neo Member
If anyone has a spare key...I'd be very grateful for a long, long time. Yeah. I haven't been able to afford non-bundle games since the Steam Summer Sale. As a matter of fact, I bought Bunlde 6 with approximately three dollars worth of TF2 metal I had been amassing for ages. ...Job having is hard work for a fulltime student. :C

Jburton

Banned
I can be taken off the list, Valve emailed me a beta invite last week.

They don't give extra keys with an invite anymore.

I did the survey to register for the beta about 3-4 months ago.

Top Bottom