• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
You steal all my date mining thunder :(
There is plenty of room for all of us.
If Finol confirmed LC and Viper visual update before TI3, it has to happen tonight. Right? Right guys?

Next week is still before TI3 :(
Well the players arrive very soon (30th) so there will probably be some distractions in the office.
Meeru is going to sell the Shagbarks on ebay for 500 dollars each
Meeru pls.
Man, I was staring at your avatar for like 5 minutes before realizing your name. Welcome! You have been a massive asset for all DotA fans.
Thanks!
Is there a link for that funny game? Want to watch it later
Draft: http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared/b/435286233?t=128m15s
Game: http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared/b/435286233?t=134m50s
Cyborgmatt, Xbone or PS4?
PC.

Hylian7

I don't play support often and find myself dying a lot as Vengeful Spirit. The other team has a Storm Spirit and Spirit Breaker, so every time I go ward/deward, they kill me, maybe I get the ward placed. All I have 47 minutes in is a Basilius, Force Staff, Phase (had two Arcanes on the team already), and Ghost Scepter.

How the hell do I survive and get more farm as a support? I can never do it. I went 2/12/16 on Vengeful Spirit, and I know you all think a non-positive score is garbage. We still won the game but how the hell do I not die? I ask people to go with me to ward, and usually it's only ANOTHER support who's squishy like Bane. Oh, and Bane had Scythe, Force, Mek, and BoTs... I think I bought every single ward we had all game though.

People tell me "just farm the pull camp", and usually the other team contests it and I'm forced away from it, maybe getting the XP if I'm lucky, or the lane partner needs me out in lane. This is why I don't usually play support.

I don't play support often and find myself dying a lot as Vengeful Spirit. The other team has a Storm Spirit and Spirit Breaker, so every time I go ward/deward, they kill me, maybe I get the ward placed. All I have 47 minutes in is a Basilius, Force Staff, Phase (had two Arcanes on the team already), and Ghost Scepter.

How the hell do I survive and get more farm as a support? I can never do it. I went 2/12/16 on Vengeful Spirit, and I know you all think a non-positive score is garbage. We still won the game but how the hell do I not die? I ask people to go with me to ward, and usually it's only ANOTHER support who's squishy like Bane. Oh, and Bane had Scythe, Force, Mek, and BoTs... I think I bought every single ward we had all game though.

People tell me "just farm the pull camp", and usually the other team contests it and I'm forced away from it, maybe getting the XP if I'm lucky, or the lane partner needs me out in lane. This is why I don't usually play support.

I feel your pain.. Thank you for putting my experience as support into words. I hate it because even if I do well early on..I still am poor for most of the game. I could spend some time solo farming but I feel as though that would be stealing farm from my carry..

Anteo

Unless you are not the one actively warding/dewarding you wont get any gold, an option is to move with your team for teamfights and survivig them, but as a support you may have to sacrifice yourself for the team so is unlikely you will survive, Venge has a hard time living through fights as a support because the swap puts her in a bad postion most of the time when she initiates. Also 2/12/16 is okay for a 5th place support really. You are not supposed to get kills, with no farm you rarely survive fights.

And the pull camp thing, in the radiant side try to pull it eat a tree and go to the other side so the enemy cant see you and get to you that easily. If you get to do it uncontested for lon enough, pull the other camp close to that one.

Edit: Check this out, as a support I rarely get more than 2 not-so-big items and my k/d/a ratio is close to your 2/12/16 and my win ratio with that particular hero is 58%

http://dotabuff.com/players/114955718/matches?hero=shadow-demon&game_mode=&match_type=real

Arkanius

I really doubt we are getting LC today.
When patches take this long to come out, we rarely get an hero.

Also, she didnt seem ready from the last screenshots we saw. Also we had no texture updates lately.
Unless we get a surprise Treant

HomShaBom

Banned
I've been getting ridiculous lagging/desyncing for the past 2 days, this shit is ridiculous. I usually have to close Dota and reconnect to fix, happens multiple times a game x_x

I really doubt we are getting LC today.
When patches take this long to come out, we rarely get an hero.

Also, she didnt seem ready from the last screenshots we saw. Also we had no texture updates lately.
Unless we get a surprise Treant

that is true she looks horribly unfinished but that raises the question of why they would show her off in the screenshot in the first place, we already know that she was coming from her picture in the previous concept art.

that is true she looks horribly unfinished but that raises the question of why they would show her off in the screenshot in the first place, we already know that she was coming from her picture in the previous concept art.
That one picture of her has been floating around forever now. Her textures were more done than not and have been for many weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if she came out tonight.

Edit: well fuck thanks a bunch matt :/

For those of you waiting up for the patch, it has been pushed back till tomorrow.

fuck it, I've got more phill collin songs for tomorrow night.

That one picture of her has been floating around forever now. Her textures were more done than not and have been for many weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if she came out tonight.

Edit: well fuck thanks a bunch matt :/

yeah I agree, with this delay and her model having been in that state for a long time I think we'll get her before TI3.

NBtoaster

This was Elder Titan a week before he was added:

Dota2_ElderTitanPortrait.jpg

Legion Commander doesn't look much more unfinished.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
cyborgmatt bro welcome, plz tell me the sf model update is coming soon, I might have to slap artanisix a few hundred times for every day it's not out :(. I CAN'T TAKE THE WAIT THAT CONCEPT ART WAS SO GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom