• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Guys one question:
Is there any clue how to unlock (in the future) the other two styles from the Smeevil?
You can only unlock the Crab mount with the team stamps.

KScorp

Just played as the disruptor for the first time and he is crazy fun
Need to work on my timing for his ring capture spell thing though

That spell is really frustrating. I usually end up placing it such that it solidifies only a frame or two too late to capture someone. I need to not be so greedy with it.

Nymerio

Man why are you guys trading your rares for cards unless you really need all 16 stamped, 8 teams should be super easy just from playing regularly (I have 6 teams already and I play ~12hrs a week)

I had no use for the rares I had because I don't playe these heroes. And I don't really care about the items in general except wards and couriers.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Admiral Bulldog is more a "2" player for me, he always has the second most farm (and usually near Loda).

This is in reply to Beyond the summit.

Depends on whether your definition of 2 is "Mid" vs. just farm priority. Bulldog is easily keeping pace with S4 most of the time, if not surpassing him if he's playing a solo NP or Lone Druid.

...do teams even let Bulldog pick LD? I haven't seen a Bulldog LD in at least a month it feels like.

That spell is really frustrating. I usually end up placing it such that it solidifies only a frame or two too late to capture someone. I need to not be so greedy with it.
With the formation time, you need to try and anticipate how the person is going to react to the field being placed down. If they are pushing a tower, putting the ring JUST on them with a ton of space behind them should capture them...or they have to dive in past the tower into your team which isn't something they'd want to do either.

Fleeing enemies, pop it in front of them as centered as you can so they have to double back to not get caught and run into your team as well.

Definitely takes a few games to get used to, and I'm still not an expert at it.

...also, don't forget to use it as an escape! Pop the ring on you as you're running so anyone chasing you gets caught.

Artanisix

Depends on whether your definition of 2 is "Mid" vs. just farm priority. Bulldog is easily keeping pace with S4 most of the time, if not surpassing him if he's playing a solo NP or Lone Druid.

...do teams even let Bulldog pick LD? I haven't seen a Bulldog LD in at least a month it feels like.

They do.

Alliance values Nature's Prophet over him though.

Arkanius

Man why are you guys trading your rares for cards unless you really need all 16 stamped, 8 teams should be super easy just from playing regularly (I have 6 teams already and I play ~12hrs a week)

Nope
I keep getting the same cards, every time.
2 months and I had barely no progress due duplicates. I cant be bothered to trade them regularly.

KingKong

Nope
I keep getting the same cards, every time.
2 months and I had barely no progress due duplicates. I cant be bothered to trade them regularly.

thats what I had, I was just keeping my cards until that trading card site popped up (http://steamep.com/), I traded my duplicates to complete the teams I had 3-4 players in and then I just traded the cards for teams I only had 1 player in to complete some more (make sure to get your two challenge teams though!, maybe if you're unlucky to get NaVi and Alliance you'll have a tougher time)

RubxQub

They do.

Alliance values Nature's Prophet over him though.

It feels kind of cheesy that NP's push can be so strong. Feels like to balance him a bit they just need to increase the timer on his teleport slightly. Not anything crazy like a minute, but even 10-20 seconds would keep him from solo split-pushing multiple lanes so easily, I think.

Arkanius

thats what I had, I was just keeping my cards until that trading card site popped up (http://steamep.com/), I traded my duplicates to complete the teams I had 3-4 players in and then I just traded the cards for teams I only had 1 player in to complete some more (make sure to get your two challenge teams though!, maybe if you're unlucky to get NaVi and Alliance you'll have a tougher time)

The previous website works with cards as well.

TommyT

It feels kind of cheesy that NP's push can be so strong. Feels like to balance him a bit they just need to increase the timer on his teleport slightly. Not anything crazy like a minute, but even 10-20 seconds would keep him from solo split-pushing multiple lanes so easily, I think.

Ew, no. He's easily managed to counter his push. There are plenty of heroes that split push just as effectively if not better/faster. /biased

Arkanius

Guys, there are 6 days to go and I still haven't finished my Tournament predictions nor did my Fantasy team.
I'm getting lazy, is there a statistical analysis of the most likely picks like there was for the Qualifiers?

RubxQub

Guys, there are 6 days to go and I still haven't finished my Tournament predictions nor did my Fantasy team.
I'm getting lazy, is there a statistical analysis of the most likely picks like there was for the Qualifiers?

http://www.datdota.com

BraXzy

Are all the predictions just based on the finals? I'm going to miss the finals which is typical, can't complain I'm going on holiday :D

Gonna have a look at that site and change my predictions to have a better chance

RubxQub

Are all the predictions just based on the finals? I'm going to miss the finals which is typical, can't complain I'm going on holiday :D

Gonna have a look at that site and change my predictions to have a better chance

No no...all the questions about GPM and first bloods and most banned...etc etc are all about the entire series vs. just the finals.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

I bought a full set because I can't play DOTA during the summer but still want to finish everything in the compendium :(

Shinypogs

You know I thought accidentally rallying my workers to my opponent's base was the worst I could be at a game when starting out. I was so wrong :(

RubxQub

lol mouz. How does every team have computer or internet problems

I can't decide if all the pausing/disconnects/blue-screens are just various forms of flopping to get tactical pauses or what.

Network latency due to offshore servers is one thing...I get that...but all the crashes?!

Shinypogs

Yeah dota makes you feel more shamed because at least in SC there was usually only one other witness.

Well the only one witnessing my failure atm is the AI but it's still pretty bad. I'm pretty sure if I tried to play with real people I'd get yelled at for being less than useless. I'll figure it out eventually .. or I'll fall into the same habit as SC where I watch better people play and briefly consider attempting to play myself.

JustinBB7

I can't decide if all the pausing/disconnects/blue-screens are just various forms of flopping to get tactical pauses or what.

Network latency due to offshore servers is one thing...I get that...but all the crashes?!

Wat.. are you saying Mouz just all closed Dota at the same time to get an advantage? Because they were chasing for a possible kill that they might have had if they kept going. The disconnect made it not possible anymore.

Tobi had the same problem yesterday during the streaming of the defense 4 final. They're not flopping or tactical pausing :/

RubxQub

Wat.. are you saying Mouz just all closed Dota at the same time to get an advantage? Because they were chasing for a possible kill that they might have had if they kept going. The disconnect made it not possible anymore.

Tobi had the same problem yesterday during the streaming of the defense 4 final. They're not flopping or tactical pausing :/

No no. I'm not referencing obvious cases where an entire team gets blown out. Clearly there is some inherent problem there.

I just find it odd that in my entirety of playing Dota, I've had maybe 2 games total where some connectivity problem happens...no game where I've crashed. In pro games there are crashes and connectivity issues just about every game.

Find it highly suspect, is all. Again...I get that offshore servers causes latency issues, but computer crashes? That often? It's their jobs to play computer games and I have more stable setups than they do? Just doesn't seem right.

JustinBB7

No no. I'm not referencing obvious cases where an entire team gets blown out. Clearly there is some inherent problem there.

I just find it odd that in my entirety of playing Dota, I've had maybe 2 games total where some connectivity problem happens...no game where I've crashed. In pro games there are crashes and connectivity issues just about every game.

Find it highly suspect, is all. Again...I get that offshore servers causes latency issues, but computer crashes? That often? It's their jobs to play computer games and I have more stable setups than they do? Just doesn't seem right.

Right now most teams are bootcamping and playing on laptops, it's why Dendi BSOD like 6 times yesterday. If they play from their home computer they won't have that problem as much.

Though for some reason some players still have really bad computers even though they've been pro for years.

I seem to have awful look at getting trading cards, still haven't managed to complete a single team yet. Hoping they don't stop dropping soon

Mononoke

Banned
you could add another report option, which says, "did not communicate" and another commend button with "communicated well' though that may bring a host of new problems

EDIT: My original post was dumb, as it didn't take into consideration that regions are large, diverse, and not every region has a single language. Using a report function wouldn't make sense, as it would punish even those living in their servers region.

TLDR; be a better player, quit complaining.

Sibylus

Banned
I wouldn't be opposed to that. A report function for not communicating would be nice. Although when Valve thinks it's a good idea to chat ban people and allow them to play in high priority matchmaking, that might seem like a contradiction lmao.
Gonna disagree, would punish people muting abusive players (you can't really communicate with them :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom