• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want there to be a surrender option because alot of the time i get stomped by the other team and i dont feel like this game should be work so id rather just keep queuing until i get to stomp the other team. I hate it when the other team farms for 120 minutes after weve lost all our rax and taunts us i just wish we could end the game somehow and prevent this sort of thing from happening i dont understand why we cant have it here but we have it in league and hon???

also sometimes our team picks a whole bunch of hard carries so theres no way we can win and id rather just end it early by surrender instead of just waiting around to lose lol! now because theres no concede option i just sit around base and do nothing to end the game faster sometimes my team gets mad at me but its pretty obvious when weve lost and im not going to waste my time for a stupid game right guys?? I dont understand why valve lets all the hardcore players decide the rules for what goes in and out of the game its really ruining my experience. also can they nerf phantom lancer?? hes like an autowin hero that completely imbalances the game

so anyways i really think that surrender should be in and its really the only reason that league is way better than dota 2. once dota 2 adds surrender ill play it all the time instead of league but this is the only thing holding me back. just thought id give my opinion on this since nobody else wants to talk about it!!! btw is there a story related reason for denying your own creeps?? it would be so funny if ther was!!!!

tks for reading

I want there to be a surrender option because alot of the time i get stomped by the other team and i dont feel like this game should be work so id rather just keep queuing until i get to stomp the other team. I hate it when the other team farms for 120 minutes after weve lost all our rax and taunts us i just wish we could end the game somehow and prevent this sort of thing from happening i dont understand why we cant have it here but we have it in league and hon???

also sometimes our team picks a whole bunch of hard carries so theres no way we can win and id rather just end it early by surrender instead of just waiting around to lose lol! now because theres no concede option i just sit around base and do nothing to end the game faster sometimes my team gets mad at me but its pretty obvious when weve lost and im not going to waste my time for a stupid game right guys?? I dont understand why valve lets all the hardcore players decide the rules for what goes in and out of the game its really ruining my experience. also can they nerf phantom lancer?? hes like an autowin hero that completely imbalances the game

so anyways i really think that surrender should be in and its really the only reason that league is way better than dota 2. once dota 2 adds surrender ill play it all the time instead of league but this is the only thing holding me back. just thought id give my opinion on this since nobody else wants to talk about it!!! btw is there a story related reason for denying your own creeps?? it would be so funny if ther was!!!!

tks for reading
for real, stick to LoL if you want that scrub shit

Hylian7

Reiterating this question I asked yesterday, how does one play Medusa successfully in pubs? I always feel like it has to be an absolutely perfect game for you to do anything in the game, which never happens. I was getting Phase, Aquila, Helm, Yasha, Linkens, Manta, but it still took me 30+ minutes to actually be useful and we lost most of our towers by then because their Luna, who had about equal farm as me, was decimating shit.

tks for reading

Hello dev forums, when did you get in here?

Haunted

The solution is simple, have a quick 5 question questionnaire at the start of each game in the language you queued for.

Otherwise we're not letting you into the country game.

Arkanius

I'm against Concede because I had comebacks from games where we were 2 barracks down, and everyone saying "gg, Stupid Valve should add concede. It's useless"

It just makes the victory so much sweet. Give it your best. Concede makes everyone default to that for ending a game quick and creates flamming between team members who disagree/agree on voting for/against.

Reiterating this question I asked yesterday, how does one play Medusa successfully in pubs? I always feel like it has to be an absolutely perfect game for you to do anything in the game, which never happens. I was getting Phase, Aquila, Helm, Yasha, Linkens, Manta, but it still took me 30+ minutes to actually be useful and we lost most of our towers by then because their Luna, who had about equal farm as me, was decimating shit.

Hello dev forums, when did you get in here?

What was your team comp? You can't simply expect to do all the dominating yourself.

Randdalf

They shouldn't add concede, but they should incentivise players to finish games more quickly (BP?). Nearly every time I lose, there's a protracted period where the enemy team flies to Barbados on holiday, hikes up the Andes, takes down our bottom barracks, cycles around France and then finally decide to take top barracks and win the game.

Aesthet1c

http://dotabuff.com/matches/252277908
http://dotabuff.com/matches/252300846

The second one we almost came back from because they dragged it out so long, but the Chen, Dark Seer, and Treant Protector were the biggest problems.

I honestly don't think Medusa pubs very well at all. She is great if you are playing with friends and they can protect you for 30 min, because then you start becoming practically unkillable.

However, it would take you over 60 min to reach that with the farm you posted in both your matches. Also, Luna has 200 more GPM than you in that second game, so that's why she was dominating more than you.

MKAllDay

The second one we almost came back from because they dragged it out so long, but the Chen, Dark Seer, and Treant Protector were the biggest problems.

This won't suddenly make those unfortunate games any better but it is a slight suggestion that I can offer. I like treads a lot more on Medusa. This is true for the majority of hard carries but the attack speed scales much better than the flat damage provided by phase. Additionally the bonuses granted by proper tread swapping are immense.

First game, what the fuck was your team doing with no fucking items 31 minutes into the game? They lost it for you, no matter what you did.
Second game, that's a lot of healing on the other team and not enough damage output on your team late game, especially damage output that synergizes with your ulty.

SamVimes

They shouldn't add concede, but they should incentivise players to finish games more quickly (BP?). Nearly every time I lose, there's a protracted period where the enemy team flies to Barbados on holiday, hikes up the Andes, takes down our bottom barracks, cycles around France and then finally decide to take top barracks and win the game.

"push pls"

Kills every wave with aoe spells

"omg why aren't you pushing"

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

tks for reading

yeah u do
J9v21y6.png

elyetis

"push pls"

Kills every wave with aoe spells

"omg why aren't you pushing"
That's the problem, you can ask for ff, but you always have someone from you'r team who's gonna kill the creeps because 10 second of inactivity is enough to bore them.

At the very least i'd like it to be impossible to be hook when in the fountain, there isn't a single lost game against a pudge without them camping your fountain ( and usually the entire team follow ). :cry:
Thought now I just buy a q.blade and go cut some wood til' the game end.

Nokterian

tks for reading

Got to LoL..kthnxbye!

Skab

I'm on the fence about concedes. For the most part I really don't think it's needed. Half the games people cry about wanting concedes for are still winnable but they tend to give up instead of trying. Man up and get better you babies.

But on the other side of things, legit stomps that you can't turn around do happen, and those are not fun. If a concede option were ever actually put in, then it should be set up to only be available in those types of stomps. Maybe have it only be do able if the gold and exp graph difference has reached a certain point by a certain time early game.

Also I imagine the demand for concede is going to go up once Techies is in the game. Dev forums are going to be hilarious for a few weeks after they're out.

SamVimes

I'm on the fence about concedes. For the most part I really don't think it's needed. Half the games people cry about wanting concedes for are still winnable but they tend to give up instead of trying. Man up and get better you babies.

But on the other side of things, legit stomps that you can't turn around do happen, and those are not fun. If a concede option were ever actually put in, then it should be set up to only be available in those types of stomps. Maybe have it only be do able if the gold and exp graph difference has reached a certain point by a certain time early game.

Also I imagine the demand for concede is going to go up once Techies is in the game. Dev forums are going to be hilarious for a few weeks after they're out.

It's actually fun sometimes being on the other side of the stomp, i know one of the worst feeling in dota (worse than getting stomped) is when you're doing really well at 10-15 minutes and someone on the other team quits.

Lotto

KoTL ending with a 0-0-14 score. True support! PL was just nasty that game but really Mouz shouldn't have let the game go so late. GG! Hoping for a good game 3.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think LD is right... would anyone seriously care if cancer lancer was removed from doto?

Yep. PL is a great, fun hero and I rarely play him. Mouz let that game go to 50 minutes when they were far ahead at the 20-35 min. mark, they trusted in their tri-core, but bat picked apart their team with great lasso's and kept the gyro lasso'd in the last few fights. Of course no one complains about bat. Instead it's "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG CANCER HARD CARRY CARRIED AT 50 MINS ZOMG ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG." PL has been picked like what, 2-3 times in the last 2 weeks? Gyro is way more scum and annoying than PL at this point.

It's dumbasses like LD that keep this cancer lancer tirade going. Fnatic played well and took advantage of Mouz misplays, but nope, "CAN'T ROOT FOR THEM CUZ THEY PICKED A HARD CARRY I DONT LIKE I FEEL SICK UGHHHHH."

I think it was DRD that said something like, "people just have a thing about getting shitslammed by hard carries." Nobody notices the bat, wisp, or kotl that enable the hard carries to succeed and dismantle teams. Bat has been first pick/ban and grossly overpowered for about 8 months now. IMO firefly really needs to go up to a 50-60s CD, reduce his farming and make it more punishing if the bat wastes firefly and nothing comes of it (giving the opposing team a nice window to initiate).

Sibylus

Banned
PL has never clicked with me, but removed from the game? Nah. Far from the game's most interesting, but not a problem.

Plus we have Legion Commander coming in as yet another counter.

I prefer treads on Medusa too. It helps compensate for her low HP early and you can tread switch from int to agi to conserve mana when you fire your snake. I don't think a Linken's is worth it either unless there's a batrider or Doom to worry about. A BKB would have given you better survivability. In the second game your team seems to lack disables too. Also, were you using the helm to stack ancients?

Deadly

It's dumbasses like LD that keep this cancer lancer tirade going. Fnatic played well and took advantage of Mouz misplays, but nope, "CAN'T ROOT FOR THEM CUZ THEY PICKED A HARD CARRY I DONT LIKE I FEEL SICK UGHHHHH."
Yeah he should have just shut up but at least he said he was clearly biased.

K.Sabot

I feel like all the teams were punking us with their picks after TI2, making us think it would be different.

But lo', there is Naga Siren, Morphling and Enigma.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
* Concedes enabled for a full party in all game modes
* Concedes enabled for a party of three or more in captain's mode
* Concedes disabled in all other cases

Sibylus

Banned
Also, it's funny whining about Phantom Lancer when he had a SKADI WEAVER on his team. Doesn't exactly tell the whole picture, does it.

At risk of being called a scrub, would someone please explain to me why GAF and most other communities are so against adding a concede option to the game? It makes nothing but good sense to me. Too many games I've played where defeat was inevitable and it only became a chore to finish the game out. No chance of comeback, no fun or enjoyment left to be had. Yet we have to flesh it out until the other team finally decides to stop chasing for kills and diving the fountain.

On the other apparent subject: Why would anyone want Phantom Lancer out of the game? I've never understood the unanimous hate for him. Highest stat gain and supreme pushing power--yes--but he can be denied hard early on if you take the proper counter measures. Most of the time, people allow Phantom Lancer to free farm and get out of control, and then they turn around and whine that he's broken when they've done nothing about it. Makes no sense to me.

Alright, GAF. Come at me.

P.S. Hopin' for Legion Commander soon. After her, I hope they begin work on Ember Spirit. I know all you fellas want Techies, but I want that fire-dancing panda.

Hylian7

I prefer treads on Medusa too. It helps compensate for her low HP early and you can tread switch from int to agi to conserve mana when you fire your snake. I don't think a Linken's is worth it either unless there's a batrider or Doom to worry about. A BKB would have given you better survivability. In the second game your team seems to lack disables too. Also, were you using the helm to stack ancients?

Yes, in the first game Void took my delicious stack before I could get enough points in Split Shot to actually do it because we had no map control.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
At risk of being called a scrub, would someone please explain to me why GAF and most other communities are so against adding a concede option to the game? It makes nothing but good sense to me. Too many games I've played where defeat was inevitable and it only became a chore to finish the game out. No chance of comeback, no fun or enjoyment left to be had. Yet we have to flesh it out until the other team finally decides to stop chasing for kills and diving the fountain..

Essentially concede changes peoples mentality and people give up easier, I can't be bothered getting into it more as there's no real point.

Sibylus

Banned
At risk of being called a scrub, would someone please explain to me why GAF and most other communities are so against adding a concede option to the game?
I can speak for only a specific element, but there are those of us that came from other games that had concede features and that prefer it not return. I came from LoL and am waaaay fed up on the defeatism it rewards and encourages, there are some members who came from HoN who feel similarly.

M.D

I came back from work hungry for some Dota 2 action only to see both of my GAF mates are offline

I don't know what to do! :(

Yep. PL is a great, fun hero and I rarely play him. Mouz let that game go to 50 minutes when they were far ahead at the 20-35 min. mark, they trusted in their tri-core, but bat picked apart their team with great lasso's and kept the gyro lasso'd in the last few fights. Of course no one complains about bat. Instead it's "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG CANCER HARD CARRY CARRIED AT 50 MINS ZOMG ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG." PL has been picked like what, 2-3 times in the last 2 weeks? Gyro is way more scum and annoying than PL at this point.

I think it was DRD that said something like, "people just have a thing about getting shitslammed by hard carries." Nobody notices the bat, wisp, or kotl that enable the hard carries to succeed and dismantle teams. Bat has been first pick/ban and grossly overpowered for about 8 months now. IMO firefly really needs to go up to a 50-60s CD, reduce his farming and make it more punishing if the bat wastes firefly and nothing comes of it (giving the opposing team a nice window to initiate).

Fair enough. I que pretty low still so I never face the bat or a good wisp. Seem to have to deal with PL quite often though. He always seems to snowball effortlessly but that is probably due to bad teamplay on our part. Is it best to just be super aggressive with him early game? Run lots of ganks towards his lane and such? It seems he always gets to a point where we can't deal with him at all :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I can speak for only a specific element, but there are those of us that came from other games that had concede features and that prefer it not return. I came from LoL and am waaaay fed up on the defeatism it rewards and encourages, there are some members who came from HoN who feel similarly.

This. I used to be 100% for concede when I first came from HoN, but after playing a lot of dota; I am now 100% against concede. The mentality in HoN is so much different, to me, dota is much better off without a surrender option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom