• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
oh what a surprise, dota 2 beta gets announced and Riot releases a bunch of lol stuff to try and kill the hype
It's just a regular patch

Holy shit some of you are so

defensive and
paranoid

---
I want a bloodstone too

I love stuff when I don't know what they do

oh what a surprise, dota 2 beta gets announced and Riot releases a bunch of lol stuff to try and kill the hype

Are you talking about the 3.9 patch notes?

You really think they put that out to counteract an announcement of release?

Also I think it's funny they talk about the rationale behind their changes. Example:

A common Corki complaint is that he feels extremely mana constrained by the cost of Phosphorus Bomb. However, after looking at his abilities, Phosphorus Bomb needs to be expensive to balance out its lack of counterplay. So we instead reduced the cost on some of his other spells to make mana less of a constraint overall.

I didn't know you could run out of mana in lol.

calder

I was really enjoying the tutorial until, at 55% complete, it tells me the next step is against people. Good try Dota, I haven't put 31 hours into the game - with 0 minutes against real people - to just rush into anything like that. :p

Exuro

I was really enjoying the tutorial until, at 55% complete, it tells me the next step is against people. Good try Dota, I haven't put 31 hours into the game - with 0 minutes against real people - to just rush into anything like that. :p
I'm surprised they don't have you do coop vs bots before vs people.

jsrv

I don't play Dota, but somehow ended up a with a couple of Bloodstones in my inventory. Looking around it seems like:

Ancestor: 0 invites given
Precursor: 1+
Founder: A lot

Probably nothing to do with playtime or join date

Boken

Banned

Also I think it's funny they talk about the rationale behind their changes. Example:

Running out of mana is relative Steve pls
Also corki is super old when leeg had Dota like mana design

Steve why is dongers in the doto thread tell me

BraXzy

Just noticed my Bloodstone of the Precursor. Kinda weird that it isn't tradable/marketable. What is the point of it? Only 4 invites :/

For anyone who hasn't got and wants to see:

bloodsonte.png

Bloodstone levels

Image of the new bloodstone items found in the Schema changes
Bloodstone of the Ancestor- rare
bloodstone1.bc2e6f6cc4c02644f9ffdeab9ba03362af9eef99.png

Bloodstone of the Precursor- mythical
bloodstone2.a60d405791e21868fce9cec3a90f0fb71488b1e7.png

Bloodstone of the Founder- legendary
bloodstone3.bcb46e3c595ce3946cb30ca2ef30274c2682dd07.png

edit- shouldn't have called it "wearable bloodstone." I was just quoting other speculation from this thread. Also found in the schema- "used_by_heroes" "0" *second edit- actually 3 different icons for different levels/rarities. Got too excited and didn't look carefully enough.

GorillaJu

How does one get a Bloodstone of the Founder?

I was in closed ass Friends & Family beta and I've got this shitty Precursor Bloodstone.

BraXzy

I wish valve would explain the stuff that is releasing we still don't know what the player cards in the compendium do, do we? And now this bloodstone? Does it do anything? Does it just count the times we buy it? Is it upgradable or are we all stuck with the one we got?

njean777

If you play a mage/mana assassin or support you run out of mana a lot early game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom