• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's inspired by
dog-the-bounty-hunter.jpg

Er, of course!

*scribbles out existing plans, hastily draws a Dog the Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter crossover*

SamVimes

Why would anyone go Bloodstone on Nyx? Am I missing something here? I thought Bloodstone was a bad item most of the time unless your hero's name was Death Prophet, Leshrac, and MAYBE Timbersaw.

It sucks on Death Prophet and it's good on Storm Spirit.

Hylian7

I wrote a guide a few months ago for newbies. Not the greatest thing ever written, but I think it touches on a lot of basics for new players and problems they might have. I tried to answer major issues I had when I was new.

What an anticlimatic launch. No huge banner or major update. Hell, reading the launch FAQ, it sounds like you are added to a queue to be accepted into the game. It really sounds no different from early beta. So uh, hooray?

Also we will be moved to Community in 30 days, so soak it in now.

Lich: I said in no specific order, but really he’s the best hero. Don’t deny it.

You mean "Do deny it."

Because Sacrifice, get it?

Addnan

I wrote a guide a few months ago for newbies. Not the greatest thing ever written, but I think it touches on a lot of basics for new players and problems they might have. I tried to answer major issues I had when I was new.

What an anticlimatic launch. No huge banner or major update. Hell, reading the launch FAQ, it sounds like you are added to a queue to be accepted into the game. It really sounds no different from early beta. So uh, hooray?

Also we will be moved to Community in 30 days, so soak it in now.

This is so much to take in. I'm just going to get my arse kicked like I did during the beta. Thanks though. Learned some new stuff.

Aaron

I meant to mention Storm Spirit above as well. I'm sure there's someone else I'm forgetting.

I like it on Death Prophet and it's worked for me every time.

But why on Nyx?
I go Heart instead on Death Prophet. The extra strength is a big boost to her ghosts. They'll be able to tear down towers and racks as fast as any carry.

sixghost

How can you tell if you had a good game as Broodmother? I didn't die much, killed the T1 and T2 in my lane, and forced lots of TPs to defend the rax. It's just hard to tell if I contributed when I'm so separated from the rest of my team for the entire game.

Moobabe

How can you tell if you had a good game as Broodmother? I didn't die much, killed the T1 and T2 in my lane, and forced lots of TPs to defend the rax. It's just hard to tell if I contributed when I'm so separated from the rest of my team for the entire game.

You done good kid.

Hylian7

I go Heart instead on Death Prophet. The extra strength is a big boost to her ghosts. They'll be able to tear down towers and racks as fast as any carry.

I...what? Strength doesn't do anything to the ghosts...

She can sit there and tank the tower better with that, but at the end of the day she can still do that with Bloodstone. I'm not understanding what you are getting at here.

He mentions it on stream, he wanted the stats.

Hmm, just seems like an odd thing to buy on Nyx. I mean it's the only thing he can turn his broken down Arcane Boots into, since he picked up the BoTs, but with Bloodstone costing that much I feel like you are better off selling or keeping the Energy Booster and getting something else instead.

Aaron

I...what? Strength doesn't do anything to the ghosts...

She can sit there and tank the tower better with that, but at the end of the day she can still do that with Bloodstone. I'm not understanding what you are getting at here.
Yeah, I'm not sure why I thought that. I guess being able to tank better felt like I was doing more damage. I never survived as long with Bloodstone.

Xater

I heard it launched so I opened up my Steam and had to see that there still if no Mac client? What a sucky launch Valve. If you promise multiplatform for all your games then deliver on all of them.

BraXzy

I still can't believe the lackluster launch so far. I don't get why they released if they don't have anything significant to add. Surely it would make sense to release a new awesome launch trailer, give some cool immortal cosmetic to beta players and then have an event?

I want moar! :(

I just like how Na'Vi won the first public tournament during the beta (The International 1) and the
last during the beta (Alienware cup)

I still can't believe the lackluster launch so far. I don't get why they released if they don't have anything significant to add. Surely it would make sense to release a new awesome launch trailer, give some cool immortal cosmetic to beta players and then have an event?

I want moar! :(
Sounds like a great way to overload servers they're already worrying about frying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom