• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomber

I got a bloodstone too

Also wow I have been sucking lately. I took like a four week break from the game due to vacationing in Europe then just not playing when I got back, and it was okay at first but I've totally lost it now. Lost like 7-8 games in a row and I feel I'm underperforming. It gets frustrating.

Once you stop playing for a little while you really lose your touch haha.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is every bloodstone mythical?

No, the most common one is though. The Bloodstone for giving no invites is Rare, the Bloodstone for giving some invites is Mythical, the Bloodstone for giving a shit ton of invites is Legendary.

So the game is out! what does this actually mean? I can still play, I have a wierd bloodstone....
WIll queue times in Aus finally be shorter?! =]

Sibylus

Banned
No achievements? No updates? No heroes? Just a bloodstone and that's it :( disappointing launch..
Maybe I'm crazy, but if they have content wouldn't it make sense to start the launch before that drops? If we're still operating on the wednesday->thursday scheme, this seems hella early for "that's all?"

Island

Had my best game as Morphling (3-9-7). Don't laugh.

I actually have a better handle on the hero 100 hours after I initially played him. In a different game, I would have done better, but felt the teamwork wasn't there to support when I needed it.

Had an awesome last hit/deny battle with a Nature's Prophet in the early game too. We were trading denies and last hits and leveling at the same rate. The creep wave barely moved, it was fun and tense.

No, I meant not needing to connect to Steam online so I can play if the internet's down.
I was without internet for a week (two weeks or so ago) and I played plenty of bot games in that time... It works fine. I will say though, the bots absolutely suck as teammates. They are infuriating! "Yo bot, 4 of us are dead, just stay alive will you?". *Bot proceeds to run straight into their whole team and thus dies within half a second*.

Fuck you bot.

Aaron

Bot teammates play exactly like newcomers. They're timid when they should be bold, and bold when they should be timid. At least the bots buy teleport scrolls.

Artanisix

Played against Korok and Purge in mm with gaf stack.
Crushed him.
Didn't know he was Korok.
Told him I poop slugs on his butthole.

what the hell is wrong with me

Low Tier
Crushed him.

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ก็็็็็

Kreunt

Banned
Just randomed AM.
AFK farmed for 30 minutes while the rest of my team won the match themselves.
MVP.

Crushed him.

getting put in matches against purge? trench confirmed.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Why are they not promoting the game on the front page?

YH7H9pM.jpg

valve.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
http://www.twitch.tv/liquidkorok/b/428353143 it's at 1hr 25 mins.
I expected a louder launch. New content, launch trailer or something. They basically just pushed the 'release' button.

They're probably seeing how they handle this launch and then start to ramp things up when they have an idea of the traffic. They don't even have a banner on the Steam Store, so that kind of tells you everything.

They should make the Summer Sale all about Dota, would be a great way to get loads of attention.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Silent launch with big banners and ads everywhere coming today and tomorrow. That's my guess. They are really afraid of a server overload.

Forkball

I wrote a guide a few months ago for newbies. Not the greatest thing ever written, but I think it touches on a lot of basics for new players and problems they might have. I tried to answer major issues I had when I was new.

What an anticlimatic launch. No huge banner or major update. Hell, reading the launch FAQ, it sounds like you are added to a queue to be accepted into the game. It really sounds no different from early beta. So uh, hooray?

Also we will be moved to Community in 30 days, so soak it in now.

Ken

I wrote a guide a few months ago for newbies. Not the greatest thing ever written, but I think it touches on a lot of basics for new players and problems they might have. I tried to answer major issues I had when I was new.

What an anticlimatic launch. No huge banner or major update. Hell, reading the launch FAQ, it sounds like you are added to a queue to be accepted into the game. It really sounds no different from early beta. So uh, hooray?

Also we will be moved to Community in 30 days, so soak it in now.

this is great. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom