• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duesy

Alright. So the general strategy is to kill the easy camp and stack the hard camp 4 times, then kill the stack with napalm stacks and firefly?

You got it. Run back to base when low but try not to miss stacks. Blink and brown boots by 10-12 minutes.

Man, reading Reddit and the Dev forums you'd think Dota 2 died tonight. Apparently they forgot the other 3 crossover items we've had and the fact every set added was incredibly high rated.

So frustrating.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Man, reading Reddit and the Dev forums you'd think Dota 2 died tonight. Apparently they forgot the other 3 crossover items we've had and the fact every set added was incredibly high rated.

So frustrating.

I don't like the Nyx set because it messes with his original colors, and the WARMACHINE courier having an ad in its item description is kinda scummy.

Slippery slope fallacy sure, but it does feel like the game is starting to edge into TF2 territory.

shira

international chest is out?

edDB2mv.png

Flushes wallet down toilet

ibIWMDDM7w4wZ.PNG

Help a brotha out

I don't like the Nyx set because it messes with his original colors, and the WARMACHINE courier having an ad in its item description is kinda scummy.

Slippery slope fallacy sure, but it does feel like the game is starting to edge into TF2 territory.

The TF2 argument is even worse because TF2 cleaned up entirely over the last 2 years. They added like 2 major updates of jokey weird items and apparently everything is destroyed and TF2 is dead.

I come from the TF2 community. TF2 looks nothing at all like what Dota 2 folks fear. It hasn't for years. Nobody uses the garbage items they always bring up as terrible.

Artanisix

The TF2 argument is even worse because TF2 cleaned up entirely over the last 2 years. They added like 2 major updates of jokey weird items and apparently everything is destroyed and TF2 is dead.

I come from the TF2 community. TF2 looks nothing at all like what Dota 2 folks fear. It hasn't for years. Nobody uses the garbage items they always bring up as terrible.

Yeah the game looks pretty clean. My brother plays a lot of TF2 and I rarely feel like something looks off.

So I bought a compendium and opened one of the boxes and received an immortal lone druid cauldron weapon item. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything? Nothing exists online that I can find.

Apart from those guys on Facepunch that unironically paint everything hot pink.

well yea, but you'd expect that.

Robin Walker even said they woke up in 2011 with what they were adding and decided to scale it way back. But nobody in the Dota community seems to care about that and would prefer to just pretend TF2 looks like late 2010 and the cleanup efforts of the last two years never happened.

bounchfx

PS bounchfx you going to TI3?

I really wanted to, actually had an opportunity to get a ticket but I couldn't justify the days off since I'm already going to PAX Prime this year.

I thought about going out just for Sat/Sun but of course it's too late to obtain a ticket now, doh. heh.

shira

I really wanted to, actually had an opportunity to get a ticket but I couldn't justify the days off since I'm already going to PAX Prime this year.

I thought about going out just for Sat/Sun but of course it's too late to obtain a ticket now, doh. heh.

Haha next year for sure then. You'll be so stupid rich.

I believe they are slowly showing up in people's inventories just like the bloodstones did a week or two ago.
Might be timezones or prioritized for compendium buyers right now.

Yeah on reddit seems NA requilaries are now delivered

I got the pudge whale hook for my immortal item. What else is there?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73090591&postcount=6136

bounchfx

Haha next year for sure then. You'll be so stupid rich.

Next year for sure, and I can only hope lol. The workshop is such a gamble. That being said, I honestly just enjoy being able to contribute at all to a game I love. I'm aiming to finish two more weapons this weekend (Dazzle and FV), then back to finish the SB set by next week. Also got a warlock wep queued up for when I have time. whew.

is there some thing I have to do to claim my immortal chest or does it just come to me eventually?

nvm just got it and got... the lone druid back thing... yuck

Anyone have the Abaddon mace and want this thing?

Randdalf

They've still played it rather fast and loose with TF2's art style though, you read through all those slides about how much care they put into it with all the shaders and artistic inspirations, all that stuff seems kind of forgotten. It's part of how the game has changed and evolved for sure, but I do sometimes find myself pining for the days of six maps and no cosmetics.

They've still played it rather fast and loose with TF2's art style though, you read through all those slides about how much care they put into it with all the shaders and artistic inspirations, all that stuff seems kind of forgotten. It's part of how the game has changed and evolved for sure, but I do sometimes find myself pining for the days of six maps and no cosmetics.

Which is why there are vanilla servers.

The VS weapon changes the effect of wave of terror. Wonder if all the weapons have effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom