• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

can someone post that Dota stats website again? Thanks

datdota.com

Got the pudge hook! Am I rich yet?
You dun goof sun the requilary is priceless
i61T3gn.jpg

shira

If I buy the compendium now do I still get all of the prizes?
i think he means the free items. which is also yes.
Yup, all of them are super easy, but might be hard to get the dyed crab though.

HUD, taunts, smeevil, immortal item, battle bonus: do nothing
mammoth treat/bird treat: fill out fantasy team stuff
treat: play one compendium game

Crab: collect 8 teams of cards
Dyed Crab: find all the cards

Got the crappy druid cauldron :(

Would have taken the VS or Kunkka items. Pudge would be okay too, since at the least I could trade that easily even if I don't like him much.

Also - chests are broken. You can't look inside any of them at the moment.

why does it feel like Druid and Abbs got the short end of the stick.

I got the stupid Druid item too :/
I never play him... why was it random, I should be able to pick (I'd have picked the Abaddon item)

Forkball

So uh, what happened? People are saying Dota 2's art style is ruined and there are promo items? What did they upload that is making everyone mad besides an extremely ugly Kunkaa hat?

So uh, what happened? People are saying Dota 2's art style is ruined and there are promo items? What did they upload that is making everyone mad besides an extremely ugly Kunkaa hat?

A little robot courier based on a tabletop game, which is apparently the single worst item ever added to Dota 2 (even if it kind of fits the style in a weird way). People are also salty the patch was delayed so long and so large if it's only cosmetics.

You know, kind of ignoring TI3 being in a week and a half >_>

Artanisix

Nothing. People are throwing a fit over the Deathripper courier because it promotes some other game or something, but the courier doesn't even look out of plcae.

KingKong

A little robot courier based on a tabletop game, which is apparently the single worst item ever added to Dota 2 (even if it kind of fits the style in a weird way). People are also salty the patch was delayed so long and so large if it's only cosmetics.

I think people are upset because its a promotional item but it fits a lot better than Blotto imo

Don't forgot the Na'Vi QoP set which, yeah, is ugly but frankly QoP was never that good looking anyway.

I think people are upset because its a promotional item but it fits a lot better than Blotto imo

It's no more a promotional item than the Bastion announcer is, and he's one of the most popular items on the entire store.

I really think that little blurb about visiting the website is what did it. Valve should have been more careful, but the uproar seems incredibly silly over a paragraph of text

Forkball

I didn't even know it was a promo item when I first saw it. I don't know why people keep saying, "Valve please don't put in promo items art style lore fuzzy wuzzy etc." Valve 100% DEFINITELY WILL put in more promo items as Dota grows in popularity. TF2ers pay $60 for games they don't even want to just get promo items. Add that insanity onto the average insanity of a Dota 2 player and you have a money fountain that never stops. People are just going to have to learn to get over it. Honestly you might see a promo item like one out of every 50 matches because

A) if they are for specific heroes, you have to think of the chances of that hero being in the game AND wearing that promo item
B) there are probably more Dota 2 cosmetics than TF2 cosmetics at this point, so there is more competition
C) it is extremely easy to get cosmetics in Dota 2 compared to TF2
D) if it's a courier, you only see that for like what, a minute of on screen time at most per game?

In conclusion, GET OVER IT NERDS

Also someone buy me the Tinkbot courier.

shira

Don't forgot the Na'Vi QoP set which, yeah, is ugly but frankly QoP was never that good looking anyway.
That item will make a lot of money for the Navi/Dendi fanboys. If Dendi picks QoP at TI3 and a million kids see that. Bank.
Teams making items is a great idea. Not sure why the modelers and players don't get together more. Just makes good business sense.

Like it totally blows my mind why bounchfx isn't going to TI3. Network with players, figure out what they want.
Tvdotto is going to be there - I bet he's going to get a dozen requests for team couriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom