• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I'd buy this.

Rm57g4Y.jpg

My only wish is for the newer items to drop more regularly. Amount of times I've gotten a shitty sven bracer is enraging.

Nothing since that Pudge Harvester got added drop, which is a pretty substantial amount of items

generally they add them as soon as people ask, but I was waiting for more items. Today's update will probably be the kick for me to remind them again

I think there should be a 30 day delay on new item drops so creators can get some more dosh for their work.

there is, unofficially. They don't add items to the system until they remember to do so, which is usually a few weeks/months later.
I guess if your set is one of the unlucky ones to drop instantly since it fell on the day... well oh well

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Got the Abbadon staff-mace thing. Well I like Abbadon quite a bit, so I'm decently happy.

Did I hear there's a Kunkka item though? I'd have preferred that. Oh well

ink4n3

That item will make a lot of money for the Navi/Dendi fanboys. If Dendi picks QoP at TI3 and a million kids see that. Bank.
Teams making items is a great idea. Not sure why the modelers and players don't get together more. Just makes good business sense.

Like it totally blows my mind why bounchfx isn't going to TI3. Network with players, figure out what they want.
Tvdotto is going to be there - I bet he's going to get a dozen requests for team couriers.

Is Anuxi going?

Got the Abbadon staff-mace thing. Well I like Abbadon quite a bit, so I'm decently happy.

Did I hear there's a Kunkka item though? I'd have preferred that. Oh well

the quality difference is staggering

Kunkka's item, a whale jumps out from Torrent
Venge throws a giant half moon
Pudge has a nice weighty thrust to his hook throw and a chain

Abbs holds it slightly at a higher angle
Druid has a particle effect, it disappears when he uses his ult

errr... those aren't equal at all. There shouldn't be "duds"... but they managed to make duds.

I got the Kunkka sword. Awesome, since I have a grand total of zero games as him.

I'd be 100% willing to trade my Abaddon mace for it. I mean, I like Abaddon, but that Kunkka sword is just too awesome. I'll be trying to make a trade for it, or maybe I'll just buy it if someone offers a low enough price.

Cool update IMO.

Swig_

Just throwing this out there.. if anyone wants to trade a Kunnka sword for my Pudge Hook, send me a PM. I never play pudge, want to get rid of this.

Hylian7

So no Legion Commander, but TI3 chests are out, eh? I'll have to get and open some of these on Sunday when I get back from being out of town.

Glix

Got kunkky sword and the treat to unlock red smeevil mammoth. Why did I get the treat? Anyone else get it? Or the one for the bird?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ahahaha did Valve even try with the compendium items? Abbadon and Sylla totally suck. They could have at least made the gryphon mount for Abbadon his immortal.

I got Pudge Hook, traded for Kunkka Sword. Don't play Kunkka much but I almost never play Pudge.

Would have been nice if it had items for heroes I enjoy playing.

KevinRo

Oh wow. Did I just read this right again. The weekly compendium challenges reward the pro players not the compendium owners?

FUCK ME AND THIS STUPID BUCKET

Kind of crappy for the contributors in the crate that they make 3 weeks of money and then nothing ever again.

I hate Dota 2's crate system. It's so jarring from how TF2 works.

shira

Kind of crappy for the contributors in the crate that they make 3 weeks of money and then nothing ever again.

I hate Dota 2's crate system. It's so jarring from how TF2 works.

Professional Dota resellers are going to mass buy keys to get those couriers though. I think it evens out. Big frontloaded payout for modelers, $300-500 couriers for resellers.
iKl6RZjVUXPoD.jpg

sixghost

Do you guys have any advice for playing Meepo when you get a bad start? Sometimes I just get stuck in a bad lane and have hardly anything past tranquils and a poor man's shield. The only plan B I really have is getting treads before scepter instead of after, and a ring of basilius, then looking for opportunities to split push until I can get a blink. I love the hero but sometimes he just feels useless.

Wunder

anyone wanna trade pudge hook for VS or Kunkka?

Do you guys have any advice for playing Meepo when you get a bad start? Sometimes I just get stuck in a bad lane and have hardly anything past tranquils and a poor man's shield. The only plan B I really have is getting treads before scepter instead of after, and a ring of basilius, then looking for opportunities to split push until I can get a blink. I love the hero but sometimes he just feels useless.

get better supports to stack camps for u

Card Boy

Banned
I got a Kunkka Leviathan Whale Blade from my Compendium chest. I looked it up and it's worth at least $9.80 on the Market and thats undercutting the other sellers.

Question: If I buy the compendium now, do I get any of this content retroactively? And do I get any REAL items for doing the card collecting and picking on games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom