• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

aim4m3L.jpg

Full flowers build or scythe and dendrochrons

Boken

Banned
no way you don't even reply on steam

i got "scree'auk's talon" out of it

and a mythical axe for axe from the green chest zzz i want sven's sword
I'm not at my computer. Buying beer for my Dota marathon. Please, please stop buying keys.
Goddamn Vengeful Spirit weapon
LLShC.gif

Why do they even bother making a weapon for her.

And search it on D2L if anyone wants it..
I got a vs weapon too. She sucks ass. Open to trade for kunkka or other stuff

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Do you guys have any advice for playing Meepo when you get a bad start? Sometimes I just get stuck in a bad lane and have hardly anything past tranquils and a poor man's shield. The only plan B I really have is getting treads before scepter instead of after, and a ring of basilius, then looking for opportunities to split push until I can get a blink. I love the hero but sometimes he just feels useless.

Farm in the jungle and ward it if no one else is.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'm not at my computer. Buying beer for my Dota marathon. Please, please stop buying keys.

I got a vs weapon too. She sucks ass. Open to trade for kunkka or other stuff

I have the Abbadon mace if you want that. VS is my fav support.

traveler

Not Wario
Waiting on Dota 2 wiki/Cyborgmatt's complete listing of the new chest items. I just got a Tidehunter weapon from it. (Makeshift boat/bit of boat)

637x358.resizedimage

The reliquary gave me the LD immortal; wanted the Kunkka item even before I knew it had a unique animation, as he's the only one of the heroes I play, but I gather the cauldron is pretty common so I don't really have a good shot at trading.

The TI3 chests alone are still going for $1.70.

Also, I just realized that LD's back weapon slot actually changed his projectile.

Holy shit! Instantly sold a TI3 chest for $1.74. Dat first to market rush.

I'm sure more will drop, so getting over half the price of a key just for the chest? Yes, please.

NBtoaster

My man! My most played support hero is venge (prefer initiators), good to see someone else appreciates her.

I initially didn't appreciate her because shes kinda crap if you play too passive, when she's excellent at getting early kills. And partly because of how hideous the old model was.

People don't know how to use the ult.

Placement, anticipation, communication, practice. A noob knows not these things.

Shes good even before you get the ult. She should make most lanes scary. THat stun does a lot of damage.

Morokh

So I gave the game another go, and I must say all the tutorial part helps a lot to get your hands in it.

Few questions :

How do I get in touch with DotaGAF ? (preferably NewbGAF :p)

What's the deal with all the item stuff ? how do you earn items, what are those player cards I don't care about that I get instead of an item >:[ ?

Any Hero Spotlight videos like what they do for LoL ?, those were really helpful when I was playing (DotaCinema doesn't explain much)

thespot84

join the neogaf and neogaf noobs channel in the chat window on the right when you launch the game.

Anyone want this pudge hook in exchange for one of the other immortals?

Hylian7

So I gave the game another go, and I must say all the tutorial part helps a lot to get your hands in it.

Few questions :

How do I get in touch with DotaGAF ? (preferably NewbGAF :p)

What's the deal with all the item stuff ? how do you earn items, what are those player cards I don't care about that I get instead of an item >:[ ?

Any Hero Spotlight videos like what they do for LoL ?, those were really helpful when I was playing (DotaCinema doesn't explain much)
Join the NeoGAF chat channel in game, you can ask for a guild invite there too.

The items are cosmetic and either randomly dropped at the end of matches, bought, traded for, or come from opened chests. The player cards are for the International Compendium, and if you buy a Compendium, you get more goodies the more cards you stamp.

I would say DotaCinema is straightforward with the skills, they sometimes do guides too, so look for those. There are also in-game guides created by the community that you can click the book in the top left corner of the screen to use them. A word of warning though, many of the default Valve builds and top rated guides are bad or straight up wrong. The default Valve guide tells you to get a Battle Fury on Bounty Hunter, which I STILL occasionally see. One of the top rated Vengeful Spirit guides is a carry VS: a bad idea unless your team is really badly picked and she is the only one capable of carrying.

Some of them do a good job explaining why you get certain items on heroes and how to effectively use the item on that hero, such as Blink Dagger on Sand King or Puck.

Wunder

Just traded Pudge Whalehook for the Venge Weapon + Full set of Chronite Defense. Wonder if I got the better end of the deal o_o

kurahador

I wonder if I should sell this Kunkka weapon and re-buy them when they're cheaper...
It will get cheaper right guys???

Glad that Tinker courier finally made it in, stuck in the workshop since forever.
So much improvement done too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom