• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Wanted the Hook or Kunkka blade... Either I trade this now I try to sell it the as soon as possible and buy Kunkkas sword once it drops enough

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Guys, can someone critique this match of me as Bounty Hunter? 22/4/10

http://dotabuff.com/matches/254340504

Um, why do you want a critique when you stomped the enemy team? I mean, I can say that having three desolators on one team is not a good idea....

Probably wouldn't have bought AC myself, instead something like a orchid or MKB, which adds a lot to your crit / butterfly may be an option as well if you want attack speed.

Kard8p3

Um, why do you want a critique when you stomped the enemy team? I mean, I can say that having three desolators on one team is not a good idea....

Probably wouldn't have bought AC myself, instead something like a orchid or MKB, which adds a lot to your crit / butterfly may be an option as well if you want attack speed.

Mainly because I want to know if I did something wrong early game or if my build is bad. Also I don't pay attention to my what my teammates build, but I'm trying to work on that..

Oops, I had an orchid in my build, I just glossed over it accidentally :/, the AC was the very last thing I bought.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Mainly because I want to know if I did something wrong early game or if my build is bad. Also I don't pay attention to my what my teammates build, but I'm trying to work on that..

Oops, I had an orchid in my build, I just glossed over it accidentally :/, the AC was the very last thing I bought.

I looked at your skillbuild and all I can say is that personally, I try not to get a second point in shadowwalk early, rather I try to max jinada first, because it's more mana effiecient than shuriken toss. I just get one point in toss for the ministun. But honestly I am not sure what the "best build" on BH is. Some people swear on early 2 point shuriken because it scales so well, others get 2 point of Windwalk...

I wouldn't max Windwalk before you max your first 2 spells though. That just seems counterproductive since you want to kill people fast

Bought a compendium finally but I feel hopelessly lost with it, is there a proper guide on it somewhere?

Also got the abbadon's mace of the immortal , how can I figure out what I can sell it for?
The dota lounge site is so confusing, it just shows a bunch of people offering an item and what they want to trade for it, but asking price =/= actual market price.

Hylian7

Pretty much this.

If I was in that game I would have more than a few choice words for that Bat rider though. From the looks of that scoreboard and his items, he was dead weight that your team had to carry. If you ever play Bat, don't get those items.

kurahador

The dota lounge site is so confusing, it just shows a bunch of people offering an item and what they want to trade for it, but asking price =/= actual market price.

I gave up finding good trades on that site, everyone wants to buy low and sell high.

Sold my kunkka blade for $8.30, and it seems the price is still increasing.
What have I done.....

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just bought all of the immortal items for $20 total, hoping they are worth more a year from now rofl. I wonder if they will crash more in the next few days, I'll be pretty sad.

Vaporak

Hey could any gaffers make me an invoker avatar from this? I'd really appreciate it!

dota_hero_mini_2_by_louissry-d6f92iv.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Gaf

NEED: ChuaN, ixmike88, Yamateh, xiao8, TC
HAVE: Fly (x2), Funn1k, Funzii, fogged, QQQ, Sag, Silent, Sockshka, XBOCT, and FATA

My challenge teams are Team Liquid and Invictus Gaming. I only have 3 stamped teams and and very close getting like 7 of them all up.

Skab

Is that site to do fast player card trades still around? If it is I would appreciate it if I could snag a link from someone.

Nokterian

Could anyone make bristleback avatar for me from that picture thank you in advance! :D

And i got Abbadon item..jeej i don't want that,want to have that kunkka weapon. Upgraded my smeevil to red with the cute little mammoth ^_^

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Just bought all of the immortal items for $20 total, hoping they are worth more a year from now rofl. I wonder if they will crash more in the next few days, I'll be pretty sad.

Well think about how many compendiums had to be purchased for 2.6 million (and with the items revealed I expect a surge in purchases) and divide that by five. Thats a lot of them anyway you slice it.

parasight

I can see him only playing clockwerk during the tourney.

I had him as my pick for Least Played Heroes but Alliance does some funky stuff at times. Even if he's poor at playing different heroes, he does often play them. Ended up changing my pick to Zhou, I figure Chinese carries are pretty standard.

K.Sabot

I had him as my pick for Least Played Heroes but Alliance does some funky stuff at times. Even if he's poor at playing different heroes, he does often play them. Ended up changing my pick to Zhou, I figure Chinese carries are pretty standard.

Yeah I have him as my least played hero pick. I really need to go back to joindota and comb over some recent stats to confirm.

Also new avatar hype~ Xiao8 Fighting!

Hylian7

I think I just realized a concept I have struggled with throughout my two years of Data. On most carries, they have some kind of flash farming ability, usually buy an item that gives them that, or have a reliable escape to farm lanes with little risk.

A few examples are Luna usually getting HotD and having Moon Glaive, Weaver staying safe in lanes with Shukuchi and Time Lapse, the list goes on. However, I can think of two carries I haven't really been able to play successfully, or feel like I had a lot of trouble farming after 15 minutes when towers are pushed and such: Morphling and Medusa. Morphling has an escape, but it has a high mana cost, so he cannot afford to spam it. Medusa has no escape, and 90% of the builds I see for her do not include HotD. I have even gotten criticised for buying one because it just makes me pillow fight Dusa for longer.

I can't think of any carries I have had trouble with quite like these two. Where do you get your farm once towers start dropping and lanes become unsafe? As these two, I feel like you don't really have the option of "just hit the jungle" because the neutrals will get you low, and you will be an easy pickoff.

Morph definitely isn't someone who can really retreat to the jungle. He needs lane farm pretty badly. If you've lost too much control before he's at least level 11 and you don't already have some decent farm, you're definitely going to be sad. (11 and above the replicate lasts long enough to actually be useful).

A HotD build might be interesting to try out though if you're on the defensive.

However, I will note that if you have someone stacking camps for you, waveform can definitely flash farm with the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom