• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always love the look of Spectre.
Dota2_Items_Spectre01.jpg

Someone who's going in person to TI3 buy me swag pls.

So much stuff this patch. I dig the new Windrunner hair in particular though. The pair of Spectre items in the TI3 chest are also pretty sexy.

I also like how last year the courier was an actual treasure chest filled with gold, and this year the successor is a more evil mimic. And the new smeevil carries the carpet then unfurls and rides it for the flying courier o_O

JustinBB7

Has this been posted before?! (From matt of course) but this seems pretty huge news!

Unreleased Custom Gamemodes

We now have our first references to custom gamemode support, the scripting looks similar to that used in the tutorial maps.
Holdout Gamemode

The first custom gamemode in the files is referred to as “Holdout”, which will be played on it’s own custom map.

The gamemode appears to be a Horde style holdout mode where you fight against waves of enemies. There is currently a total of 10 rounds, 9 of which are against couriers (please don’t hurt Shagbark). The last round (10th) refers to a unit that currently isn’t in the game ”npc_dota_creature_slithereen”.

Enco

I think the best option is to keep the Priceless Requilary. That will have the most value. Unboxed immortal ftw.
:lol

Don't really see that when you have a chance at getting 2-3 shitty items and only 2 good items (hook and Kunkka sword).

Enco

I wouldn't sell it, its most likely going to be in demand but it might take a year or two.

Yea I've come to that conclusion.

Right now it's around £5. Sure I could get my compendium money back but I'm not low on cash so there's no point. I like it too. Don't care if it goes down in price but like you said, it'll probably go up.

Also got the red greevil + mammoth combo.

I don't know why it was this update of all of them that seemed to make half the internet bitch endlessly. I'm glad I'm not seeing any of it here. Just reinforces the don't go to reddit rule.

Haunted

How do I get the thingie for the bird courier? Cyborgmatt's blog says to complete some of the Compendium predictions but I've filled out all I can for the main tournament.

I bought the compendium after the Qualifier predictions were over, am I out of luck?

Dec

I'm sure that has nothing to do with Steam's inability to apply patches.

It doesn't. If you're getting the error in Steam, before launching Dota 2 try switching to beta? Or out of beta if you're already in.

If it happens in Dota 2, restart Steam and try again.

JustinBB7

:eek:

edit - btw, if I buy the compendium again, it's split with the new chest, taunt, and battle bonus right? Or did I have to open up the compendium again to get the contents

Pretty sure you have to open it. Or else people would sell just the book with no extras right.

I often read that to stop neutral camps from spawning to put a ward next to it - or that they won't spawn is someone is next to them during the spawn time. What exactly stops them from spawning - is it the vision of the campsite, or does something have to physically be in the camp to stop it.

elyetis

I often read that to stop neutral camps from spawning to put a ward next to it - or that they won't spawn is someone is next to them during the spawn time. What exactly stops them from spawning - is it the vision of the campsite, or does something have to physically be in the camp to stop it.
Physically. Thus some ward spot where you don't even have vision on the camp.

JustinBB7

Had some fun games last night, we did the Waga and Sing combo of roaming Anti-Mage + Venomancer with orb of venoms. They never farmed a lane and got kill after kill after kill so other people ragequit or just went afk in base. We did it twice and both games ended in around 20 minutes lol.

Then we did 5 man rosh strat, took rosh, went mid straight away and killed their pudge, took both mid T2 towers and then went to bot and took those. I got rosh, first blood, courier kill and most last hits on tower as Lone Druid. Was hilarious.

They fought back a bit and we had to delay our push but still got it at the 30 min mark (they had a big strenght hero lineup)

Had tons of fun those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom