• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me, nothing frustrates me more when I see someone playing 'carry' Lion. Straight Aghanim's Sceptre, 'cos you know, fuck wards and a drum and a mek and all that shit. Your ult is gonna do loads against that Weaver with a Linken's Sphere.

Forkball

Well peak today looks a bit underwhelming so we'll see. Tomorrow Korea joins right?

To my understanding, people who try to get the game are not guaranteed to get in now. They are kind of doing the same thing with Dota invites where you are in a queue and then they give you access eventually. Obviously they added a lot of people today, but there's still probably a lot who can't even play yet.

Also I hope this Bloodstone does something outside of sit in my inventory.

Sibylus

Banned
Übermatik;69361016 said:
That reminds me, nothing frustrates me more when I see someone playing 'carry' Lion. Straight Aghanim's Sceptre, 'cos you know, fuck wards and a drum and a mek and all that shit. Your ult is gonna do loads against that Weaver with a Linken's Sphere.
While I agree with your gripe, building Linken's against Lion has always struck me as being humorous. One Death Prophet did it because she was tired of me interrupting her ghost circus early into fights, but I simply just threw one of my first three spells (usually mana drain if she wasn't bunched up) against her and continued with nary an interruption. BKB would have done a helluva lot more.

Acinixys

Damn today i saw the reason why Treant was nerfed

Naix barely escapes a gank by jumping into Huskar

They go back to the T1 at bot

Naix jumps out and Treant puts Living Amour on him

OD appears out the jungle and drops his ult on Naix (who had like 40 HP)

It does absolutely nothing

Naix turns around, uses open wounds and wrecks OD

Crazy

TommyT

Übermatik;69361016 said:

If only Lion had other spells that broke Linken's so his ult could go through...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Übermatik;69361016 said:

Well an actual carry lion rushes Blink into higher tier items, not Aghs. And second its not like Lion doesnt have two of the best spells for blowing Linkens. Both Mana Drain and Hex are pretty much instant.

I'm not really sold on the new Aghs Lion. 20 seconds sounds cool, but isn't that basically once per fight still? Unless it's some kind of long running seige. I'm guilty of hardly ever buying mek on Lion because I always want Blink so badly.

mephixto

Banned
I'm not really sold on the new Aghs Lion. 20 seconds sounds cool, but isn't that basically once per fight still? Unless it's some kind of long running seige. I'm guilty of hardly ever buying mek on Lion because I always want Blink so badly.

I think blink and sheep are core for Lion, Aghs....nope

Phandy

Buy Dagon5, then cast a nuke every ~8 seconds.

Gonna start a new policy of buying more Dagon's. BECAUSE I CAN.

Well an actual carry lion rushes Blink into higher tier items, not Aghs. And second its not like Lion doesnt have two of the best spells for blowing Linkens. Both Mana Drain and Hex are pretty much instant.

I think mana drain is super underrated, great range, incredible drain rate at lvl 4, low mana heroes get fucked. It is pretty good in lanes too, especially against heros with no disables.

Nokterian

Valve seems to be terrified of player numbers rising. They couldn't have been more sneaky about the release.

In there press release they have shown that a big infrastructure has been build with a lot of new servers. But that capacity will hit the wall very fast.

6/10

fun game but held back by bugs like stacking and denying.

Gunplay lacks weight. Singleplayer woefully undeveloped. No Story. Not visceral enough. The anti-Citizen Kane of video games.

In all seriousness though, how do you even begin to review a game like this? It would be like reviewing basketball or chess.

BeesEight

Now that the game is out of beta, are they going to keep the test version around for the weekly updates? And if so, does everyone have access to the test server or will it just be for people from the beta?

Reviewing Dota 2 would be a nightmare. You either play one game and give it a 3/10 or play 200 games and give it a 10/10.

I vaguely recall a review that was posted on reddit about one outlet that looked at the game with only a couple of hours put into it then revisited it later after they put in a lot more time. The rating basically went just like that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When we started playing I explained to a friend about stacking camps and he actually asked me if they'd patch this out because he thought it really was a bug.

To be honest, it is a Dota 1 bug. But Ice Frog decided to keep it in.

Damn Fnatic won that game out of nowhere, Fnatic v VP final will be interesting, both teams need to win it

When we started playing I explained to a friend about stacking camps and he actually asked me if they'd patch this out because he thought it really was a bug.

Dota is full of bugs, the game just evolved and was balanced around them

Glix

If only Lion had other spells that broke Linken's so his ult could go through...

Forget that. He doesn't have the mana to support the Aghs anyway.

Its a moron build. You really need a bloodstone before Aghs or forget it. And its still a moron build.

Etnos

Banned
yoo dudes, having your 5 Meepos gang banging the other team's carry is the most satisfying thing in a videogame ever.

Einbroch

Banned
4/10

"Heroes are too simple for my taste. I played two full games, once as skeleton king and one as sniper, and the game seemed to really lack depth and wasn't worth spending the time on."

Obviously fake review as anyone who played SK would give this game a 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom