• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Welcome to public release

I am Australian, can confirm that I am a big nitwit

I know im not the best player by any means but a little common sense is hard to come by on the Australian servers.

Also not related to skill but it still blows my mind Russian players queue on the Australian servers don't bother speaking English, whinge about their 1000 ping lag and then DC. What is wrong with these people?

I know im not the best player by any means but a little common sense is hard to come by on the Australian servers.

Also not related to skill but it still blows my mind Russian players queue on the Australian servers don't bother speaking English, whinge about their 1000 ping lag and then DC. What is wrong with these people?

I don't even understand why they play. Really ruins the experience. Almost all of the English speakers I've come across in public have been great other than a few rage quitters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So how do you teach someone to support?

He's been playing forever, and he still doesn't get it.

You are a support, you need to buy wards and shit. Why are you farming right now. No, you don't need insert whatever item here, we need wards. You are not a carry. You are crystal maiden. We already have PL and AM. Please ward. Please.

It's so frustrating. We play with him all the time and he doesn't understand it at all. He won't stack or pull. He won't ward. He won't counterward.

Sometimes he might remember to up the courier though so hey it's not all bad I guess.

I tried to show him a replay where I was super hard support, had brown boots at like 15 mins, and had all the wards sold out, but he just doesn't get it. At all.

Some people just aren't suited to playing support, they have the wrong mentality for it.

(Unrelated: Shoutouts to freakinchair, anbokr, puppetyuber)

xanavi

In its current iteration is dota 2's matchmaking unassailable? I mean, I feel like we've been saying it's working as intended since the beginning of the beta but has valve actually ever changed it at all? If you think matchmaking is working perfectly now what would you say if valve released patch notes saying they've tweaked it? Would you then say they broke it?

I'm definitely agnostic.

shira

Some people just aren't suited to playing support, they have the wrong mentality for it.

(Unrelated: Shoutouts to freakinchair, anbokr, puppetyuber)

Yeah support is like trying to scrape out a living on welfare.
You can't farm, but you got to help your family live.

So only 199,975 more books until Arc Warden.

I'm hoping GabeN sweeps in and dontaes the rest or something.

Deadly

In its current iteration is dota 2's matchmaking unassailable? I mean, I feel like we've been saying it's working as intended since the beginning of the beta but has valve actually ever changed it at all? If you think matchmaking is working perfectly now what would you say if valve released patch notes saying they've tweaked it? Would you then say they broke it?

I'm definitely agnostic.
It's been tweaked a couple of times already.

So I have four left before getting all my cards, but two of them are Na'Vi cards unfortunately.

The trading exchange would be useful except for people don't keep it updated.

Edit: Haha and just as I say that I find them both

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I have four left before getting all my cards, but two of them are Na'Vi cards unfortunately.

The trading exchange would be useful except for people don't keep it updated.

Edit: Haha and just as I say that I find them both

Yeah, Na'vi cards aren't too hard to get, its the LGD China cards that took me forever.

Anteo

So I just finished the most hiliarous Compendium match ever.

Our Magnus basically said "fuck it I'm the carry" and got Battle Fury, Mask of Madness, and Cristalis by the half of the game, he then proceded to Solo the lone druid a few times, got a Dadedalus and a Hyperstone and went and finished the match for us. We supported him as we could but it was clear that he was doing all the job. Our weaver could not keep up!.

Atlantis

This Windrunner discussion is nicely timed. I've recently taken a shine to her, though I think I'm like 0/4 or something.

Looking at her recommended items, is a Basilius really enough mana regen for her? Since I'm usually 4th or 5th spot, I've been skipping it and getting Arcane Boots instead of Phase.

Azull

This Windrunner discussion is nicely timed. I've recently taken a shine to her, though I think I'm like 0/4 or something.

Looking at her recommended items, is a Basilius really enough mana regen for her?

Well its combination of items that gives her enough regen. Force staff, ring of aquila, euls scepter, etc., etc.. Force staff though is a must.

Atlantis

Well its combination of items that gives her enough regen. Force staff, ring of aquila, euls scepter, etc., etc.. Force staff though is a must.

Well sure, but with the amount of farm I'm getting I'm usually not getting anything more than a Basilius until much later. (If at all, since I've been getting creamed.)

I think hard support just isn't a good option at my level of play. Watching the enemy team going to gank clear as day on the minimap due to wards, but no one else paying attention is pretty frustrating.

I just completed the two tutorial missions. I think the game is great and I like the farming aspect of it.

But, can someone explain to me what exactly the appeal is of the game?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I just completed the two tutorial missions. I think the game is great and I like the farming aspect of it.

You haven't played a full match yet, so in a nutshell: its like team-based Super Smash Bros crossed with a mini-RPG. The satisfaction for me stems from two places: seeing just how all of the colorful and varied abilities on the diverse cast interact and the satisfaction of levelling up, killing people, and buying items condensed into a 45 minute game instead of an hours long RPG.

shira

The sound it makes when you last hit a creep. Bliss!
Making some shit-talking douchebag rage quit. Bliss!
Fountain-diving while megas finish the Ancient. Bliss!
Showing off your donkey courier. Bliss!

Thinking critically and analytically with on-the-fly split-second decision-making. Bliss!

Tobe

its not only bout the big plays, its also the small plays that keep adding up for a victory.

like other gaffer said decision making is crucial in the game.

also game is addicting as fuck and you have hats.

Man these player cards. Besides LGD.int which I finished, I have 1 from 10 different teams right now. That really helps to complete sets mr. rng :(

2 from Quantic tho. I feel like I've played a lot, but it seems weird that I seem to have so few cards. Guess I'll just trade some spare Omni hammers or whatever to finish.

Also, was watching this game from ~30 minutes on. This, this is why you never go full rapier kids.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just did this game as Luna where the Bane in my lane stole all my last hits, harassed my friend for simply talking, and built a Sange and Yasha and Crystalis.

Why, yes, we did lose.

Duesy

Man these player cards. Besides LGD.int which I finished, I have 1 from 10 different teams right now. That really helps to complete sets mr. rng :(

2 from Quantic tho. I feel like I've played a lot, but it seems weird that I seem to have so few cards. Guess I'll just trade some spare Omni hammers or whatever to finish.

Also, was watching this game from ~30 minutes on. This, this is why you never go full rapier kids.

Why you gotta be like that :(

Anteo

The fog loves me.

mebnu88.gif

Card Boy

Banned
With Drow Ranger do you just QQQQQQ in team fights instead of auto attack?

Right click on the skill icon itself and it will autocast Drows/Silencers/Enchatress/Clinks/Outworld Destroyers skills. Meaning it will autoattack with those abilities instead of manually have to press it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom