• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
What would this consist of?

There is Captain's Draft mode which hasn't been ported to Dota 2 yet which is sort of what would happen if CM and RD had a baby.

I would like something similar but tuned for pub play (not all the decisions in one player's hands).

pretty much

first bans and picks, everybody picks for themselves (ala leeg style)

or allow each person to ban one, pick one

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonder if Valve is going to change the item quality of 'The One Horn', seems a bit odd that its rated as a common.

Whats the opinion on Crystal Maiden? I hardly see her in games. I hear the ultimate is too much mana heavy and she can be easily stunned while channeling it.

Pubs? Fun. But you require a good sense of positioning in Dota in order to not feed as her, since she's very fragile.

Her global mana buff is great as well.

Aselith

Identical to CM, but the Captan only has to ban and pick his hero, everyone else picks their own hero.

I think.

This is what every CM game I've been in is like essentially. Captain bans and everyone else tells him what they want but he can override so it results in better team comps rather than 5 melee carry.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Whats the opinion on Crystal Maiden? I hardly see her in games. I hear the ultimate is too much mana heavy and she can be easily stunned while channeling it.

CM has one of the highest amounts of magic damage in the early game, so you should try and push some early aggression. Her Mana Aura can also be really good for certain line ups.

Her ult is more of Push R and pray, very unreliable damage, so I usually hold off on getting it for a bit and leave it with a single point until I significantly increase her mana pool.

jrock

it seems if you add funds to your steam wallet with paypal you get locked out of the community market for a week.
holy balls wanted a whalehook and leviathan blade.
if any trustworthy person wants to help, Ill send you paypal gift payment for both of these or buy you an equally priced dota store item.
username jamminj606
thanks

Can someone explain to me how that compendium with player cards exactly work? Or link me to something.

So if I stamp stuff I can get items, but I cant use those people for a fantasy team anymore? Or can I still use them and should I just stamp everything that I am not planning on trading?

snack

it seems if you add funds to your steam wallet with paypal you get locked out of the community market for a week.
holy balls wanted a whalehook and leviathan blade.
if any trustworthy person wants to help, Ill send you paypal gift payment for both of these or buy you an equally priced dota store item.
username jamminj606
thanks

Added.

Haunted

Can someone explain to me how that compendium with player cards exactly work? Or link me to something.

So if I stamp stuff I can get items, but I cant use those people for a fantasy team anymore? Or can I still use them and should I just stamp everything that I am not planning on trading?
Stamp everything, there's no penalty for stamping (except not having inventory cards to trade with). You'll get colours and mounts for your smeevil courier.

Any predictions or fantasy team entries in the compendium are not dependent on player cards.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I am good support.
R2DUsZw.png

http://i.imgur.com/El1yo5U.gif

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
You should almost always get CM ulti at 6, if you can identify times you can use it the damage output is massive, and at the worst you make them waste a stun on killing cm.

caesar

Banned
Watching Sheever, her cat, and her sister at the moment. Quite relaxing.
More like frustrating, she's pretty bad herself and then lectures her team mates on what they are doing wrong. In other words she is your average dota player.

Whenever I play CM, I feel like I spend most of the match just giving up kills and warding, yet I have an almost 70% winrate with her.

I've pretty much sworn off Vengeful spirit. Despite being a fairly straightforward hero to play, I just die way too much with her. I leave her to better players.

Sibylus

Banned
More like frustrating, she's pretty bad herself and then lectures her team mates on what they are doing wrong. In other words she is your average dota player.
Lol, I don't see how one could be frustrated at a game like this: every single player is more or less pretty bad, no shortage of humorous mistakes.

I usually stick to Lina or Windrunner. Like Windrunner since shackleshot is sooo fun to use and awesome when you get two heroes together haha.

Hmmm I just got some lures in my inventory... Cleft Hawks Call and Mammoth Bait, what is that?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It should be noted that the dunk hit anyway, the damage is dealt before the completion of the animation it seems.

I don't know of any other game that has such creative results between mechanic interactions.

One cool thing I saw the other day was from a pro match where one team picked up Shadow Fiend w/ Venomancer and used plague wards on Roshan to feed souls to Shadow Fiend in order to mitigate his terrible base damage.

I usually stick to Lina or Windrunner. Like Windrunner since shackleshot is sooo fun to use and awesome when you get two heroes together haha.

Hmmm I just got some lures in my inventory... Cleft Hawks Call and Mammoth Bait, what is that?

they used to open styles for your compendium smeevil.
Just open compendium and look for the change style.

I got a few treats and whatnot for my smeevil....Is it a one time change or as long as I have styles open I can keep switching it around??? Im assuming the latter but just wanna be sure before I start using this stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
*All Randoms 4 Melee (semi)Carries and Death Prophet*

"Chaos Knight Has Disconnected. Chaos Knight has Abandoned."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom