• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

super longshot but does anyone happen to have an extra ticket to TI3? ... after thinking about it I really want to go for the weekend dates. Gah! It's a shame the tickets were near impossible to get, even trying to get them the minute they went on sale. I'm hitting all the channels I know.. fingers crossed.

did you PM traveler?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71742881&postcount=3621

"Would there be any Seattle or other GAFfers who would potentially be interested in buying the ticket short notice if I finally made up my mind and decided not to go? I don't want to get hopes up as there's still a chance I go, but I did want to check for interest."

super longshot but does anyone happen to have an extra ticket to TI3? ... after thinking about it I really want to go for the weekend dates. Gah! It's a shame the tickets were near impossible to get, even trying to get them the minute they went on sale. I'm hitting all the channels I know.. fingers crossed.

There were a few people looking to sell theirs.

^^This is what you are complaining about?
MM is completely borked and they have a major 9 day competition looming.

This is an ongoing thing, never said it was the biggest problem with dota lol

I'd like them to release more models into the workshop, didn't say it has to come at the expense of fixing MM or making sure servers and such are ready for TI3.

shira

ibshS2Hy58dz9g.PNG

Official site Live!!!
http://www.dota2.com/international/home/overview/

OT is 90% done, but wtf go nuts
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=72519321

Nokterian

Man i do not know what happend with mm,but it is horrible,my loss streak is gigantic. In the pas 2 weeks only 2 wins all losses after that.

So apparently attendees will get to watch Free To Play first? That's surprising. I was hoping they release it a few days before The International 3 hits, since that will generate a lot of interest to newcomers and people curious to the scene to try and watch the tournament on Twitch or the in-game client.

Edit: THIS PAGE BREAKS MY HEART. WHY CAN'T I BE THERE. T____T

http://www.dota2.com/international/home/atevent/

shira

So apparently attendees will get to watch Free To Play first? That's surprising. I was hoping they release it a few days before The International 3 hits, since that will generate a lot of interest to newcomers and people curious to the scene to try and watch the tournament on Twitch or the in-game client.

Maybe they will stream it after?

Mordeccai

Hi dota gaf, I just recently started playing. I've got around eight hours in bot matches so far to try to learn the ropes.

I have a few problems though. Main one is controlling the camera. Do most people drag with the middle mouse? I also set camera movement in the beginning to WASD, so now I can't figure out what keybind to make so I can deny creeps.

Also, how the hell do you make so much gold in this game for some of those late game items? I mean, when I look at the bots sometimes in matches they have three 3k gold plus items.

I suck pretty hard at the game still, despite watching a lot of the tutorial videos. It helps that my buddy plays though and hes a newbie as well, we do bot matches together.

woodland

I have a few problems though. Main one is controlling the camera. Do most people drag with the middle mouse? I also set camera movement in the beginning to WASD, so now I can't figure out what keybind to make so I can deny creeps.

Just use the mouse. Drag to the edge of the screen to move in that direction, double-tap 1 or space or whatever you have "Focus on Hero" or whatever it's called, to bring the camera back to your hero. Using arrow keys isn't fast enough at the higher levels.

Also, how the hell do you make so much gold in this game for some of those late game items? I mean, when I look at the bots sometimes in matches they have three 3k gold plus items.

Last hitting, farming, pushing. It may seem hard to believe now, but farming is actually pretty easy, it just takes time to learn each characters animation + know when to farm lane vs jungle, and when to take towers for gold.

I suck pretty hard at the game still, despite watching a lot of the tutorial videos. It helps that my buddy plays though and hes a newbie as well, we do bot matches together.

Tutorial videos will probably help, but for me - I just found an entertaining stream (when Blitz was still streaming) and watched that a lot before I actually had the game. I don't think I've ever played a bot match and I'm in Very High. It just takes getting used too. If you've got a thick skin, try public mm! Best practice is playing against others. Plus, there will always be others better and worse than you, and in your first match you'll probably be one of the more skilled ones since some of the people that start out are genuinely terrible.

edit; also, I liked to learn by randoming. The extra gold is a little unrealistic, but you get to learn all of the heroes and abilities faster this way - unless you go through and purposely select a new hero every game. Playing a single hero may help you learn that hero, but the playstyle of each hero is different and it's best to get experience with each one.

Hi dota gaf, I just recently started playing. I've got around eight hours in bot matches so far to try to learn the ropes.

Don't worry...you've merely dipped your toe into the water. Just keep at it. 8 hours is nothing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is how you run your game's biggest tournament.

It's practically a convention at this point.

Dotacon 2014 believe.

This is how you run your game's biggest tournament.

It's practically a convention at this point.

Dotacon 2014 believe.

Pretty much. It's an absurd amount of exclusive swag that could easily pay for more than the ticket price (maybe not the flight there, but still hundreds of dollars of profit).

----

Also, is Anuxi doing a creator session? That seems like a pretty cool thing.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Why should they? Doesn't Valve pay for their accommodations?

Valve talks about wanting a sustainable professional scene, but makes the largest tournament even more top heavy. Lower placing teams are more likely to leave the game after TI3 if they can't earn anything (and we all know how bad the post TI2 shuffle was).

I'm not asking for a Doto LCS, but they should consider giving something for the lower teams.

Valve talks about wanting a sustainable professional scene, but makes the largest tournament even more top heavy. Lower placing teams are more likely to leave the game after TI3 if they can't earn anything (and we all know how bad the post TI2 shuffle was).

I'm not asking for a Doto LCS, but they should consider giving something for the lower teams.

There are plenty of up and coming teams/players not in the international. That and the DOTA2 tourney scene outside of the International has significantly improved compared to the scene last year.

Atlantis

I'm kind of afraid to jump back into MM after the disconnects/abandons I've been getting lately.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with other people using the internet since I don't recall having problems unless my brother is gaming or someone is using Netflix. Sorry if this is a it off-topic, but does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?

Edit: Should mention that my router is pretty ancient.

What amount would realistically keep a team from disbanding?

shira

AFAIK all 17 teams are sponsored and are sustainable. It would suck if this was literally win or go bankrupt for. But teams shuffle all the time.

What amount would realistically keep a team from disbanding?

For artstyle 25k

That's a pretty rough contract, lose and yur on the streets.
Not to mention the last place team at The International still probably gets more exposure for their sponsors then the winning teams of smaller tournaments sadly.

EDIT: That said I do think it would be a nice gesture to have some payout for 9-16, but I don't think that it would prevent any of the inevitable instability we will see post TI3.

Boken

Banned
That's a pretty rough contract, lose and yur on the streets.

life is tough at times

and progamers have it tough

they could just get benched. they could refuse to renew the contract. they could just disband

of course i dont mean immediately after, but i definitely fear for every team that loses badly

LoL took up an absurd amount of real estate at the convention center. At some point it's just worth them separating out and doing their own thing.

fair enough

though i think the community loved them at pax international

Tobe

well shit, maybe they should allocate certain number of tickets for every region. like 50% us and canada, 25% rest of america, 25% eu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom