• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

I finally got a Dendi card from a game yesterday. I guess I haven't been playing that many games recently, but everytime I get a player card it's an Eastern team.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
4A5A59EBBDC404DDF9BFE351BCC5903CF685BD63

This was a fun game.

RefigeKru

Banned
I keep getting absolutely ravaged.

Downloaded this two days ago and I don't think I've been helpful in the few games I've played so far.

It's almost rewarding to be called a noob again.

Aesthet1c

That sucks that the Dota documentary is available only at the event and not available on the live stream. I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
9/10 ready

Returning to queue...

FU 1/10!

Is there a reason they dont just try to grab one dude quickly to fill that last slot than returning everyone to waiting.

Just played my first game as Spacecow where we were ahead for most of it but their AM got a ridiculous amount of freefarm and almost (almost) carried single-handedly.

Thankfully we still won and CARRY ABADDON ACTUALLY CARRIED. Also SB is hilarious.

Ridli

Just played my first game as Spacecow where we were ahead for most of it but their AM got a ridiculous amount of freefarm and almost (almost) carried single-handedly.

Thankfully we still won and CARRY ABADDON ACTUALLY CARRIED. Also SB is hilarious.

Space cow is awesome. But you have to make sure you howl out in voice chat every time you charge someone.

I just had to share this, and let me just preface everything by saying that I'm incredibly new. Like "just found out the game has in game character guides" new. But anyway, last night I'm playing a match and it quickly becomes apparent none of our team is either willing or able to communicate. That's fine, I've encountered worse. But then I notice no one is going mid because Nature's Prophet has decided to jungle, but when I offer to swap from top to mid I get refused in broken English. At least he spoke up, so I just let him have at it. Anyway, early game went about the way you might expect for better or worse. A few careless kills, but on the whole pretty uneventful. It was about this time that I went to go buy some items and boots that the goddamned store glitches out on me and an icon attaches itself to my mouse, and other store icons are now stuck to my screen. Along with this odd obstruction comes the revelation that I can't properly buy ingredients to items, and I can't sell from my inventory. I thought about restarting, but since I knew I couldn't communicate a pause, I decided to stick it out instead of risking it. It was around this time when things started taking a turn for the worse. The other team started racking up a lot of kills, and long story short snowballed out of control. I mean at one point they had three times the amount of kills as us, and the levels and items to show it. The game was ours to lose, there's no way around it. The only problem was that for whatever reason they found themselves either unable or unwilling to make the big-play. They were wrecking us in team fights, so they really could have ended it just whenever. Personally I think it was just straight hubris, but whatever. The point is, they gave us time to somehow coordinate a plan based off of a broken series of pings and chatwheel directions that we then proceeded to execute flawlessly. We wiped their entire team, put them on a 70 second respawn, marched our happy-asses into their base and won the day. Was it pretty? Hell naw, but I'll be damned if it wasn't fun. Also not a single one of them said anything post-match. Narry a GG was spotted. I'm really loving this game.

How the hell did you survive playing the entire game with the item bug?? o_O
Should hav reconnected man, it should not take more than 5 minutes. Congrats though, deserving comeback wins feels good right? :)

Well, we have a problem then, cause I'm not exactly chatty on voice chat.

You just have to type "Charging CM", "Charging Zeus", etc. or just use the ping

Sibylus

Banned
Queue is too fast vulva, I can't even tinker with settings I'm getting into games so quickly.

I need to play more Phantom Assassin, I've forgotten how much fun she is. Best blinkin' n slammin' hero by my metrics, so mobile and the crit feels/sounds/looks perversely excellent.

I've noticed that the area I've been seeing the most improvement in has been mana management.

I used to get Soul Ring on basically everyone who it was 'good' on, moved to Drums and even now I don't need Drums a lot of the time.

do you just spam astral prison on them or what

Max astral and essence aura. You can get a tranquil boots and buckler quick and just constantly imprison for lane domination.

Try to imprison them in the early stages when they're going for a last hit and deny the creep. Later on just constantly imprison.

OD is kinda weak against ganks so vision is super important.

JustinBB7

It's pretty dumb that 9th-16th doesn't get any prize money.

Very disappointed in Valve.

I still think it's good, how is it top heavy when it's the top EIGHT (not top 3 or even 2) that all get a shit ton of money. Why would you give losers money just for showing up. That kinda ruins the whole idea of winning. They get enough just by going.

Vaporak

I still think it's good, how is it top heavy when it's the top EIGHT (not top 3 or even 2) that all get a shit ton of money. Why would you give losers money just for showing up. That kinda ruins the whole idea of winning. They get enough just by going.

The point is that Valve is subsidizing the Dota2 competitive scene with their prize pool. Which makes it less like a prize pool and more like an unreliable salary.

Kard8p3

The most annoying thing about DOTA is how when you do pub matches no one talks and DEFINITELY no one listens to what you say/ask -_-.

My OD experience is usually:

Go mid.

Own mid.

Other mid player gets fed up and successfully ganks side lanes, repeatedly.

Lose.

----

I don't know if I'm playing him wrong or what. He's not really a ganker compared to most other mids since you're so effective just sitting there and CSing if the other player doesn't leave. But moving when faced with an empty lane just seems like a waste. Maybe I just need earlier points in the orb vs. maxing W and E first?

I like the hero, but I definitely need practice compared to some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom