• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

OD is the one guy i would not miss at all if he was removed from the game, he's not fun to play and it's horrible playing against him unless you counterpick.

Then you play against OD mid with a fucking Tree and you just want to kill yourself.

Vaporak

My OD experience is usually:

Go mid.

Own mid.

Other mid player gets fed up and successfully ganks side lanes, repeatedly.

Lose.

----

I don't know if I'm playing him wrong or what. He's not really a ganker compared to most other mids since you're so effective just sitting there and CSing if the other player doesn't leave. But moving when faced with an empty lane just seems like a waste. Maybe I just need earlier points in the orb vs. maxing W and E first?

I like the hero, but I definitely need practice compared to some others.

Not all mids are gankers, that's just a pub mentality that seems to be prevalent. OD's job is to win mid and then be a mid game powerhouse. This is just one of those situations where the best way to play is be diligent in letting your side lanes know whats up, and hope they don't feed.

OD is the one guy i would not miss at all if he was removed from the game, he's not fun to play and it's horrible playing against him unless you counterpick.

Then you play against OD mid with a fucking Tree and you just want to kill yourself.

I will laugh at you while killing yourself if you play a fucking Tree at mid.

Also he's my favorite hero so fuck you.

:p

smiggyRT

Man, this game really takes it out of you. 54 minute match with 4 men, somehow grabbed the win. Think I'm done for a few hours now though.

I want to do the Pugna/OD/Silencer/CM core some time. You can probably toss the CM if you want. Infinite mana for push, and OD ult gets even better every time someone dies with Silencer around. Put KotL in there too.

Haunted

Poor Witch Doctor.

Also, it's been a while since Huskar, Medusa and Centaur Warrunner have been added, how long does it usually take to get a hero into Captain's Mode? Or are there other reasons why they're not in competitive play?

edit: Batrider has been picked or banned in every single competitive game this month? That's pretty incredible.

F!ReW!Re

Also, it's been a while since Huskar, Medusa and Centaur Warrunner have been added, how long does it usually take to get a hero into Captain's Mode? Or are there other reasons why they're not in competitive play?

Well considering that TI3 is around the corner (3 more days) they don't want to throw in more heroes because that might completely disrupt the current meta; which is pretty broad if you ask me, especially compared to TI1 and 2 (lycan/am/naga all day, erry day)....

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Abby, Centaur, ET and Troll aren't in CM presumably due to bug concerns and it being so close to TI3. They'll get added in the weeks after the event.

Huskar and Medusa received reworks in 6.78 and were taken out of CM for balance purposes.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Rip Tide's cooldown buff and the fact she started getting played as a support instead of a semi carry.

Plus Quantic shenanigans.

Nice "stun" which roots BKB people.

Get out of jail free card ulti most of the time.

Most competitive teams follow flavours of the month rather than trying to come up with some sick new dirty strats.

Boken

Banned
whats the point of playing the new compendium matchups each week?

the contrast between the green and the red just make the loading screen worse

whats the point of playing the new compendium matchups each week?

the contrast between the green and the red just make the loading screen worse

Well I think you're guaranteed a card drop for one. But I haven't been playing them so much after a couple that were completely imbalanced left a bad taste in my mouth about the mode.

Still, even after TI3 is over, I hope they keep it up with new matches from the main event or some sort of derivative with a pre-selected set of heroes. The idea is pretty neat.

F!ReW!Re

Well I think you're guaranteed a card drop for one. But I haven't been playing them so much after a couple that were completely imbalanced left a bad taste in my mouth about the mode.

Still, even after TI3 is over, I hope they keep it up with new matches from the main event or some sort of derivative with a pre-selected set of heroes. The idea is pretty neat.

Would be hilarious to play that crazy ass Na'vi line up vs Kaipi in the Defense 4 final. (second/third match??)
But that might just result in a lot of tears for us mere mortals...

Zeknurn

They need to pick like five different matchups for each week instead of just one. Playing the same draft over and over is boring.

I mean that's the point isn't it? It's supposed to be a challenge, if you're the underdog. They tell you hoe to play it, so you can't claim it's a knowledge thing. It comes down to your execution.

shira

Rip Tide's cooldown buff and the fact she started getting played as a support instead of a semi carry.

Plus Quantic shenanigans.

Yeah I think if DD wins the wildcard a lot of teams are going to be watching their drafts and copying their strats.

Forkball

Only 2 heroes were neither picked nor banned in the month of July.

Also Razor had a huge upward trend, presumably to help counter OD.

Why don't people want to look at it go?

Wow, how is Centaur still not in Captain's mode? Honestly if they wanted to really nerf him, they would make double edge weaker. That move is crazily powerful early on.

Also I had one of my worst Dota matches recently. What's the strategy for being solo Lesh in the hard lane against a Weaver and DS in the jungle?

Wow, how is Centaur still not in Captain's mode? Honestly if they wanted to really nerf him, they would make double edge weaker. That move is crazily powerful early on.

Also I had one of my worst Dota matches recently. What's the strategy for being solo Lesh in the hard lane against a Weaver and DS in the jungle?
Well that strategy would be called don't be in that lane.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I would max lightning early just to keep the lane pushed and ensure great CS and harassment on the Weaver (also forcing him to last hit under the tower). Lightning also has some pretty good range so you could stay back.

F!ReW!Re

Lesh is too slow and squishy early on to solo the hardlane versus a weaver.
Only thing that *might* work would be to focus on getting lightning storm maxed first to help with last hitting, but the problem is that weaver kind of destroys lesh in a 1v1 scenario.
Not to mention the DS backup from jungle.

I don't really like Lesh as a farmer much at all. I've tried it, and it just doesn't seem to be very effective. Maybe some cute Atos/Orchid thing might be a better build for that, playing him more like Enchantress, but I feel like you have to get super stacked (Bloodstone, BKB at least) to be as effective as other heroes in a 3 or higher role.

Main advantages is that he's a support with a good (followup) stun and a tower melting ability, which few supports have. He's also has a high base move speed.

You don't see Wisp + CK get through very often these days, but he's definitely a great addition as a third to that tri-lane, especially if you consider the higher levels of phantasm as a complementary tower pushing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom