• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh my god, I would have never thought of that. Luckily I have yet to go against a Pugna as Skywrath, but if I ever do I'm doing that.

A solution that doesn't involve killing your self is just to get a BKB.

Also, the Dota 2 Blog just updated.
With a test post

dota2testpost.jpg

xKebob

How should one be able to carry in pubs?
It's really hard to secure farm with 2-1-2 considering lane harass!
Usually i go mid because of that,is there any other solution?

sixghost

How should one be able to carry in pubs?
It's really hard to secure farm with 2-1-2 considering lane harass!
Usually i go mid because of that,is there any other solution?

Tell your in lane support what they should be doing (stacking and pulling, denying, harassing) if they don't seem to know, just be nice about doing it. If no one is buying wards, take it upon yourself to buy and place them so that you are able to farm safely. Helm of the Dominator heroes are good in random pubs since you can stack the ancients for yourself.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Do you either get the mammoth treat or the bird treat or is it possible to get both without trading?

You get both.

One of them is for filling out the tournament portion of the compendium, and the other is for filling out the solo achievements portion of the compendium. Don't remember which is which.

Assuming you do all the compendium achievements, you can fully unlock the Smeevil courier with all it's iterations/colors without having to trade anything.

RubxQub

Even if they're clearing doing it to be a prick to the team? He ran into the jungle and didn't help in like 3 team fights then stood there and let the enemy kill him

If he was a dick about it, yeah, easy report.

If he's just bad...kind of hard to report the guy. You could try "intentional feeding", but it'd be a weak case if the guy wasn't being a dick in chat.

Finalow

mh, just noticed that hitting a creep and then stopping the attack animation until I last hit works only if the creep is alone, otherwise when I attack it the hero just targets another creep.
maybe it's something in the options but I don't quite get what.

Artanisix

mh, just noticed that hitting a creep and then stopping the attack animation until I last hit works only if the creep is alone, otherwise when I attack it the hero just targets another creep.

It's always going to attack the closest creep possible if you have auto-attack on. Gotta manually click which creep you want.

sixghost

You just need to position yourself so that the AI autoselects the creep you want to hit. Either that, or keep spamming S until you want to attack, then actually right click on the creep you want.

Pratfall

You will auto attack the nearest creep, so position yourself nearest the creep you want to last hit or make sure you are retargeting after every time you stop your animation.

RubxQub

Anyone play on US-East servers between 5-11PM typically in Very High tier?

Been pairing up with another GAFer most nights and queueing up together with good success, but we're looking to increase the likelihood that we have solid teammates by having more regular people to play with us.

It isn't like a formal team or anything, just looking to add folks to the friends list that we could drop invites to (or vice versa) and get a bit more a regular cast of characters in games.

Let me know!

What's this 46MB patch for?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your cauldrons ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I'm not one to do this often, talking about my matches, but this was one of the matches you could argue why it's good not to have a concede option.

A semi-feeding/kill-stealing Nyx and Ursa duo. They leave 40-50 minutes in. What chances did we have?

Now granted, the enemy team was...kind of horrible, looking at what items they have 84 minutes in (that Clinkz especially), but it shows how you never know how things might unroll. Opposing teams are not always geniuses, and you might just have the hero it takes to turn the tides in the end.

Just to add another +1 to the "no concede" option:

omom.png

They took our bottom two sets of rax in around 40 minutes or so, leaving us with just our top T3 and rax remaining. Dire took 6 (six!) uncontested Roshans. We just couldn't do anything about them. They slow-siege our top T2 and T3 towers and start seiging the rax with waves of manta illusions. with the melee rax about half way down, Pudge says, "fuck this we can't win" and afk's in the fountain. At this point, roshan goes down for the last time and I realize that only 3 of them are attempting to siege (Mirana, BS and Rubick, I think it was), so I just say, "fuck it" and walk out and 3v1 them. We kill the other 2, win another couple of team fights, and then I push mid alone to win. I kill 2 or 3 in their base and start working on the ancient itself after knocking down their T4's (their side T3's are still standing). I finally get killed by Void, insta-buy back, BoT back to their fountain and kill him again. I eventually take their ancient down by my fuckin self while fending off Mirana and Rubick who are trying to stop me.

If there was a concede, I'm pretty sure the majority of my team would have conceeded when they were sieging the final pair of rax. Also, Medusa don't give a fuck about your 4 right-click heroes :3

Gonna give it a go tonight!
Thanks for the expansive layout of dusa.

Best of luck! If you want to get an idea of how I approach it, I can recommend some specific replays that you can fast-forward through from my player perspective. I can find good replays for Ancient Farming or Dire, for Radiant, and a good one for laning. Let me know.

RubxQub

What's this 46MB patch for?

It appears as though there is at least a new effect for the Lone Druid cauldron immortal item. Ensnare now has some kind of antler grabbing action going on: http://i.imgur.com/Bmoa2AH.jpg

I'm guessing Abaddon got some love as well.

Probably more info going to flow shortly.

Ability abuse->Did not use his legs.

Fair game.

Thanks! But apparently I took too long so I got disconnected, hope someone else on the team reported him, it was such a close game for the most part if he played properly we could have easily won it

KingKong

Is the Abaddon mace still lame?

shouldnt be. Kunkka whale is still #1 though :D

Dota 2 Update - July 30th, 2013
Product Update - Valve 14:55
- Purchasing additional International Compendiums now properly grants all unlocked rewards.
- Improved Cauldron of Xahryx and Mace of the Chosen.
- Fixed bug where certain units weren't animating.
- Spirit of Atniw selection fixed.
- The One Horn is now Rare (was previously Common).

Hope this trend takes off.

Having custom animations is an awesome thing for items.

Windrunner was the first to have this right with her powershot animations ?

Sibylus

Banned
Bought one before the price spikes up, lolololol

But to be serious, I'm wanting to learn Lone Druid in the future and this entangle is kickass.

Kard8p3

Jesus, I'm currently sitting at fountain and alt tabbed out of the most annoying game i've ever had. I picked Huskar for mid, we have a DP and PA go top, and we should've had Windrunner and Jakiro go bottom. What do they do instead? FOLLOW ME MID. I tell them numerous times to go bottom, they act like they don't even see that I'm typing to them. FINALLY they got mid, feed, then WR comes back mid and won't go away, Jakiro continues to feed and only buys a courier 10 minutes into the match, after I told him like 20 times it was his job(I asked nicely the first 5 or 6).

FUCK. I need to start playing with GAFers, but everyone is way leveled above me.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
First time I've ever abused the Steam Marketplace. Was able to get two cauldrons for 3 bucks before the price shot up (at ~5 bucks already)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom