• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Just played my first real game and lost, but I was suprised to find out I had the most kills nad highest level in the match by a wide margin. Didn't end up dying for quite a while too, but ended up with 6 deaths at the very end when they were in our base from all the craziness. Is there anyway to check my stats for a match even after I left. I wanted to take a picture to show all DOTA Gaf my failed first game -_-. I have to travel for a bit in a few hours but if anyone is willing to play some games with me later on today or so that would be awesome to get a whole gaf group going, then I can get some tips on what I need to improve and such. I'm guessing most people don't communicate either because I queued US West but only one other person was actually communicating with me -_-

Here is my first game online. My deaths from the end when they were smashing our base were like 5 so my deaths looks kinda bad in the end there lol.

http://i.imgur.com/Phqb6DV.jpg

I really want to get better so hopefully some people around here might want to put up with my noobiness to play a few games later today ha.

shira

Alright, there must be some jerk collecting Dendi cards because I can't seem to find him anywhere.
Well duh, most famous team.
Some scumbag is also hoarding notails if you can believe it

One moar pic, she's kinda shy - though
http://i.minus.com/izXhlbuWTaFba.jpg

Oh Kodoto
Jjajan for dazzle
http://youtu.be/u8_A3Fsk3ik?t=53s
Punchy for pudge
http://youtu.be/u8_A3Fsk3ik?t=1m15s

the Lina kinda has that she-was-prolly-really hot 20 years ago look

Hugstable

Banned
Also I think I got like 2 player cards and one player card and some other item but they aren't showing up at all in my inventory? Halp?

Loving Luna so far but shes one of the few characters I played a lot and I have 120 hours in the game. Late game shes very strong and with more attack speed its like thousands of glaives on your screen at the same time.

Im not great or even good as her even investing so much time... and in 120 hours I've never seriously played a strength hero ou melee hero haha so I'm sorry for the gaffer who invited me yesterday to a game and I played as Tidehunter in a Captains match (also... Ive never played other mode that its not "All Pick" :p). Sorry dude, didnt know it was a captain's match and to make things worse someone in our team picked Luna when I was begging to play as her and he ignored me and picked her first :(

Game ended in 18 minutes ;_;

See the thing about QoP is even though she has the strong nukes early/mid she has the luxury of having a good autoattack, hence why people build right-click/disabling items on her instead of just pure nuke items.

You could run a pure nuking QoP if you were in a hurry to win, sure, but it's not recommended all the time.

How do mean she has a good auto-attack? I suppose the animation is quick, although her agi growth is kind of middling. And I guess she's generally in a position to auto attack a lot in fights because she can chase and kite people with her blink.

I guess bkbs are a problem for nuker Quop but I don't know I always thought of her as a Storm Spirit like hero whose job it is to use their mobility to jump on the supports and wreck them and leave the carries to your team. Mind you I guess orchid is great for that role as well. Blinking on a warlock and killing him before he can drop the golems is the most satisfying thing.

Loving Luna so far but shes one of the few characters I played a lot and I have 120 hours in the game. Late game shes very strong and with more attack speed its like thousands of glaives on your screen at the same time.

Im not great or even good as her even investing so much time... and in 120 hours I've never seriously played a strength hero ou melee hero haha so I'm sorry for the gaffer who invited me yesterday to a game and I played as Tidehunter in a Captains match (also... Ive never played other mode that its not "All Pick" :p). Sorry dude, didnt know it was a captain's match and to make things worse someone in our team picked Luna when I was begging to play as her and he ignored me and picked her first :(

She's basically a weaker Gyro.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Also I think I got like 2 player cards and one player card and some other item but they aren't showing up at all in my inventory? Halp?
The score screen at the end of the game shows you everything that everyone in your game got - you were probably looking at other peoples drops.

Hugstable

Banned
Ahh it shows all the items for both teams? Darn I got excited. If your team loses you don't get anything? I'm suprised I didn't get anything, I got highest level and most kills lol.

Is there anyway to check my stats for a match even after I left.

If you click on your name on the top right in Dota it brings up your profile and you can go through your list of games and see the end screen and even watch the replay if it's recent. If you have enabled stats sharing in the options you can also search on your steam name on http://dotabuff.com/, a big stat compilation site for mm games.

Eleuin

Anybody still use the Neogaf Noobs Channel?

Looking to play today for the first time in ages and I'd like teammates who won't afk or leave.

Luna can be great at early pushing strats and transitions very well to the late game too. Go for Lucent Beam and put in two points to aura. Around level eight you can push hard with an early drums and tranquil boots (or aquila if you were free farming) with a pushing ally or two. Then it transitions well into BKB/helm of dominator.

Hugstable

Banned
If you click on your name on the top right in Dota it brings up your profile and you can go through your list of games and see the end screen and even watch the replay if it's recent. If you have enabled stats sharing in the options you can also search on your steam name on http://dotabuff.com/, a big stat compilation site for mm games.

Thanks, how long does it take for the games to go up on Dotabuff.com? New game isn't there just my horrible bloodseeker game for like a year and a half ago when I played without the tutorial lol. I'm just glad that I felt like I was doing alright in my first game even though we lost. Ended up not getting killed for quite awhile until I was level 14 and got teamed up on by the "I'm Sniping" dude and this archer chick. I just hope to finally find a game I can win later, plus I want some cards. How does the drops work anyhow? Is it like TF2 where they just drop to anybody or does it have to be players from the winning team only?

MKAllDay

I'd be surprised if there was a patch at all, if there is it'll just be bugfixes. Also 16 hours left on predictions, and fantasy teams.

Prediction analysis http://www.datdota.com/blog/

But in the PC Gamer interview (and a few other times I believe) they confirmed that we would get Abaddon and LC before TI3. Today is the last Wednesday before TI3 group stages start so that means we have to get her today, right....right?

:(

ksan

Luna is easily the best carry in mm, it's hard to lose with her. Gyro doesn't have the same utility for 5 manning and pushing towers until he has a lot of items.

Tobe

some random russian randoms sf, guys leaves cause he cant play with 300 ping,then why the fuck queue in USE!!!

next game the other team gets a sf wrecks mid against one of the worst snipers ive seen. the weaver on our team feeds like crazy. bah.

cstretten

Hey all,
I haven't posted any workshop items here before (I hope it's alright).
I've seen a few others posting their items, so here we go :)

This is for Polycounts Dire Theme for July.

My latest:
Septic Scythe by Prophet9

Cheers!

Lelex

Neo Member
So, during tutorial my friend chose a super weird mouse control scheme, with middle button as the MOVE command.

I tried to give him a hand in changing this, but couldn't find anything about mouse controls on the Control Settings.

Is there a way to do it? Is this a dumb doubt?

shira

Hey all,
I haven't posted any workshop items here before (I hope it's alright).
I've seen a few others posting their items, so here we go :)

This is for Polycounts Dire Theme for July.

My latest:
Septic Scythe by Prophet9

Cheers!

Great scythe, I'm afraid it'll get lost in the shuffle!

Certainly not as hard of carries as faceless and np.

Well you made it sound like it was an all support win. GGWP

In dotabuff, one of the most build items on Venomancer is shadow blade...

I guess I'm one of the few that play him as support (one of the best imo).

Riki's a poor man's Bounty Hunter..

I think that's the other way around?

He is a support, but Shadow Blade is in the default recommended item build. If you're gonna be real baller though you get an OoV.

Played him last night with the OoV build which was fun, but I died a lot. Mostly since I was also the only person buying support items, so the aggressive moves were mostly suicidal. Oh, and we lost because the carries couldn't hit the creeps.

Duesy

If you are owning hard enough, which is definitely possible on veno, shadowblade is not that big of a purchase. :)

shira

Can someone explain these "player" card drops ?

Are they random like other cards or do I have to buy those ticket things and watch tourneys ?

They drop quite frequently. 100% if you play compendium match.

Nope you can get them without having a compendium - but you can only play compendium matches with a compendium and stamp the cards in your compendium if you have one.

So yeah all in all it's an e-baseball card.

I think that's the other way around?

Track gold + business savy...
large

caesar

Banned
I dread it whenever someone picks Sniper on my team, trash hero. Worst carry in the game? I feel like you have to be really dumb to let him snowball, if the other team picks him I go Bane and go to town.

American servers must be full of assholes btw, on Europe West I hardly ever get any griefers or leavers/afkers. Sure, you get russian trashtalkers etc, but they're playing til the end at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom