• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

Kinda OT but I tried LoL, Dawngate and Infinite Crisis and holy shit they're all identical with some different hero skins.

Dota 2 is the only one I would consider unique. Everything else isn't for me.

They drop quite frequently. 100% if you play compendium match.

Nope you can get them without having a compendium - but you can only play compendium matches with a compendium and stamp the cards in your compendium if you have one.

So yeah all in all it's an e-baseball card.
Wish the info about these things were easier to find.

Is it to late to buy the conpendium, or worth it if its started already ?

Kinda OT but I tried LoL, Dawngate and Infinite Crisis and holy shit they're all identical with some different hero skins.

Dota 2 is the only one I would consider unique. Everything else isn't for me.
Try hon. It's faster and pretty close to dota.

Also Dawngate and LoL are pretty different from what I've played. I don't think you played enough of the two to parse the differences there. Granted I don't particularly like either of them, but Dawngate specifically has some relatively big differences.

Never played Infinite Crisis. Maybe I should.

shira

Wish the info about these things were easier to find.

Is it to late to buy the conpendium, or worth it if its started already ?

It's a great value because you can always rewatch the games to get the courier upgrade effect, and the immortal item is worth it by itself - and you are helping support Dota.

The battlebonus is still good for a few weeks

Depends what you want. If you see yourself playing a few hundred hours of dota in the next year definitely pick one up.

The things you probably can't get if you wait past midnight tonite:
- crab, crab dye, mammoth, bird: courier upgrades
- those are easily tradable for if you so choose

Is there going to be a GAF meetup thread for TI3? I'm interested in seeing some pictures of the place. Also, Pacific-NW GAF are lucky mofos, you get The International 3 and then 3 weeks later you can go to the League of Legends NA Championships, both in Seattle.

If you are owning hard enough, which is definitely possible on veno, shadowblade is not that big of a purchase. :)
Meh, if I'm gonna spend big dosh on venom, I'd rather get Skadi.

Now that I think about it, Poison Sting isn't an orb which is pretty damn weird. Yu can farm easily with that and lifesteal lol.

I dread it whenever someone picks Sniper on my team, trash hero. Worst carry in the game? I feel like you have to be really dumb to let him snowball, if the other team picks him I go Bane and go to town.

American servers must be full of assholes btw, on Europe West I hardly ever get any griefers or leavers/afkers. Sure, you get russian trashtalkers etc, but they're playing til the end at least.

Sniper is one of my favs. I also do pretty good with him.

F!ReW!Re

Medusa can out carry any team, so always pick Medusa for easy win guys.
This.

Just watched your last game with Dusa:

- I wish I had a support like that lesh every game :)
- Funny how the other team doesn't realize that you absolutely destroy them until it's too late!
- I need to focus on stacking those ancients every minute
- Saw your skill build, will try that out next game
- That bounty hunter sucked ass
- You don't use hot keys for the courier? I expected more from you man ;-P

I'll watch a ancient stacking replay during dinner now ;-)

rahmz

Neo Member
Does anyone know if they are going to add a ladder? I feel like that's why I am playing more league than dota 2, the ladder gives you a meaning to play for.

But wow, the international 3 is about to begin to think it has been two years!

Man, I know people don't consider axe a "good" hero, but god damnit if he's isn't fun. I won another two games with him last night. His ability to control mid game team fights, harrass early in lane, and get first blood kills on melee carries just trying to farm just never gets old.

I never buy items, but I'm thinking of springing for that new 6.99 set he has on the store because it looks awesome.

Dina

Christ, I just got demolished as Dire. Had Sven top with support Venge with me. VS Morphling and Disruptor. Esp Disruptor just owned me. Early Meka Idol kept their lane alive while the harass and dot-nuke somehow kept coming even though he didn't have any mana boots.

I think Sven blows and Venge kinda gets owned by range, but this was brutal. Match was over in 25 minutes.

- Funny how the other team doesn't realize that you absolutely destroy them until it's too late!

This really bothers me. I barely look at the courier, but everytime I watch someone play they control the courier manually.
Christ, I just got demolished as Dire. Had Sven top with support Venge with me. VS Morphling and Disruptor. Esp Disruptor just owned me. Early Meka Idol kept their lane alive while the harass and dot-nuke somehow kept coming even though he didn't have any mana boots.

I think Sven blows and Venge kinda gets owned by range, but this was brutal. Match was over in 25 minutes.

Both Sven and Venge are great heroes, you just gotta keep in mind their weaknesses. What were the other lanes?

Hot keys on cour are just something I never got around to. Feels bad. Never knew there was a better way, then when i found out there was (recently!), i never bothered to set it up. These kinds of things are why expanded tutorials or guides would be good.

Edit: and yes, that leshrac made the laning phase a pleasure. He was a random MM gave us. Always nice when that happens. He randomed Invoker and was asked if he could play Invoker. He said, "kinda" and we asked if he would swap. He was cool with that and asked for Lesh. I knew things would go well. I didn't expect to break my GPM record, but I knew the lane would be good for us.

This really bothers me. I barely look at the courier, but everytime I watch someone play they control the courier manually.
?

This one guy I am sorta trying to get into DOTA 2 from LoL doesn't really see the need for a courier and has a hard time controlling it when he does use it. He is perfectly fine with running back to base and teleporting back to a tower, since that is pretty close to how you would do it in LoL. I am one of those players who has all of the couriers commands memorized and always wants a courier. So it was sort of a shock to me to find out that people can have a hard time controlling it when you play these types of games regularly. I expect people new to this genre to have a hard time. This was also the first time me witnessing manual courier control because all of my friends can do the same thing as me. Now I know why people get the courier killed while using it or they themselves get killed. Because they are manually controlling it.

F!ReW!Re

Hot keys on cour are just something I never got around to. Feels bad. Never knew there was a better way, then when i found out there was (recently!), i never bothered to set it up. These kinds of things are why expanded tutorials or guides would be good.

Yeah, same with the leveling up the skills.
It's a very minor thing but it can save you some time.

Overall you had great farm going there. I always have a problem with keeping the farm flowing. I saw you basically ignored some tower pushes/fights in the beginning which I always have a problem with doing but it does allow you to keep that farm up and snowball out of control.

Also saw that you ignored the ancient stack until about 20 minutes in. Pretty risky but you had like a 6 stack to farm so it did work out (was worried beastmaster might come in and steal it)

Dreavus

Speaking of, what key bindings do you guys use for items? I ran into a situation last night where I had dust on the "6" key and it totally fucked everyone over because I screwed up a cast after I moved my hand to hit the 6.

alt + q 1st slot
alt + w 2nd slot
alt + e 3rd slot etc.
I have some problems activating autocast on the fly (default hotkey) but I really like this set up for items.

Also FYI, the tournament predictions for the compendium close in ~ 5 hours, 45 minutes. So get them in if you haven't!

Fantasy teams still have 2+ days before they close, and you'll have to micromanage them during the event anyway.

Quilt

Neo Member
Just had a brilliant game with a Nightstalker who refused to use silence on a Weaver because he could "just backtrack so it's a waste" [Time Lapse] and that I should 'stfu noob'. Nice one!

Honestly, some people just need the biggest reality check ever. Being wrong is one thing, I'm wrong loads. But when people are telling you outright that you are wrong you think he'd listen.

Bah. People

Artanisix

ENIMAoO.jpg

Been working on and off on some paper art. Complete pain in the ass gluing things together, but it was fun making. Never done it before, I'll probably do more in the future.

Whole album here.

ksan

i'm quitting dota 2, moving to prison architect
shallnoiseupon/ampere demonstrated on stream that prison architect, while still being in alpha, has better boxing than dota 2

edit:
Been working on and off on some paper art. Complete pain in the ass gluing things together, but it was fun making. Never done it before, I'll probably do more in the future.

Whole album here.

shit, that looks amazing, really like the style of it

Yeah, same with the leveling up the skills.
It's a very minor thing but it can save you some time.

Overall you had great farm going there. I always have a problem with keeping the farm flowing. I saw you basically ignored some tower pushes/fights in the beginning which I always have a problem with doing but it does allow you to keep that farm up and snowball out of control.

Also saw that you ignored the ancient stack until about 20 minutes in. Pretty risky but you had like a 6 stack to farm so it did work out (was worried beastmaster might come in and steal it)

Yea, I tend to ignore the stack until I get my yasha up because Medusa doesn't really have the attack speed to farm it without dropping to low life. she can with a little help or by taking a little more time to kite the ancients, but it's not ideal.

If the enemy team had a comp that could farm it if I didn't do it earlier (say, a DK or a fat SF or a Gyro or a combination), or if they had taken the nearby tower and were pushing the T2 in that lane, I would have made it a priority to farm it earlier and keep the camps a little smaller and more manageable. Smaller so that if it gets sniped, I don't lose much and they don't gain much.

And yea some of my team's tower pushes I ignored and split pushed. If the enemy was pushing a tower and we decided not to D it, it was usually because people were just like, "meh, I don't have a tp. let it go." Sometimes it's okay to let towers just fall. Sometimes you don't have the tools (skills off cooldown, tp's) to react.

Didn't Valve say they would release Legion before TI3..

Tonight's the night!

They've said a lot of things. This is one promise I don't think they'll be keeping. Releasing new heroes means being on deck to manage all their bugs that will have to be fixed in the test client, then more bugs that they'd have to fix once more are found in the main client. They could...but I don't think they will. I'll be happy to be surprised.

Nymerio

omg, I'm still missing so many cards. If anyone is still interested in trading here's what I have:

mousesports
Black^
Virtus.Pro
ARS-ART
Illidan
Team Dignitas
Aui_2000
Waytosexy
Quantic Gaming
Sockshka
Silent
DK
Super
Invasion MUFC
Ling

I'm looking for:

Invictus Gaming
Zhou
Ferrari_430
YYF
TongFu|
Hao
Mu
Sansheng
Banana
Orange.Neolution Esports
ohayo
Xtinct
net
Alliance
AdmiralBulldog
Team Liquid
ixmike88
TC
Korok
Bulba
Na'vi
XBOCT
Dendi
Puppey
Funn1k
mousesports
syndereN
LGD Gaming
xiao8
Yao
Sylar
DD
Rattlesnake
Kabu
Lanm
Icy

Glix

Try hon. It's faster and pretty close to dota.

Also Dawngate and LoL are pretty different from what I've played. I don't think you played enough of the two to parse the differences there. Granted I don't particularly like either of them, but Dawngate specifically has some relatively big differences.

Never played Infinite Crisis. Maybe I should.

I played the beta pretty early on and thought it was just awful. The spells had no oomph and the game was weird.

Maybe its better now.

shira

Whole album here.
U make? Wowow
Edit: Wtf you did make it???
@cyborgmatt. Give em an shagbarkkuu

Eleuin

Also FYI, the tournament predictions for the compendium close in ~ 5 hours, 45 minutes. So get them in if you haven't!

Fantasy teams still have 2+ days before they close, and you'll have to micromanage them during the event anyway.
Doing the predictions gives you a match bonus?

JustinBB7

They've said a lot of things. This is one promise I don't think they'll be keeping. Releasing new heroes means being on deck to manage all their bugs that will have to be fixed in the test client, then more bugs that they'd have to fix once more are found in the main client. They could...but I don't think they will. I'll be happy to be surprised.

Yea I doubt it too. But then again she must have been close to being done for ages now. Plus she's not going into CM so it's not fucking up the tournament anyway.

But I don't trust them to keep a promise like this! Like Half-Life episodes ;_;

Conceptor

Whole album here.
That's awesome Milk. Loooks really nice.

It's too bad you didn't show this off sooner because you would have probably gotten a nice Shagbark courier from Cyborgmatt's contest out of it as a bonus :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom