• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

So broken. Buying ghost scepter on him should be bannable. Not to say that you should be banned, because everyone is doing it.

Feelsgoodman, not even going to lie. It helped me out so much in the match I posted, lol. and sometimes I popped it too early and paid the price :(.

All about the timing.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
A nature series ending with Timbersaw, right? 8D

Haha dude you could totally do some wicked layers with his blade and hook! =O

Im so pissed I can't play doto, I get these crazy spikes every 5 or 6 seconds through the whole game. I might just need to wait until august when I move out and get my own internet with no one else on it to hog it from me :p

caesar

Banned
Oh God, I love Huskar so much.

I single handled carried the last game we were sure to lose, after our venge dc'd, they had a bane, an ursa, a TA, a Sniper, and a tinker. We only had T3 and 4 towers left, but after I got my aghs everything feel into place, then I got my heart, wrecked everyone and proceeded to shit on their anicent.

Fucking Huskar.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/259405790

lol bane buys agahnims before bkb :/

Charles Barkley huskar is the best, So much fun. Sucks when you pick too fast and go up against a team of AOE stuns. Defeats the purpose of the 5 seconds of invincibility from the ghost scepter

bounchfx

Just bought my tickets for Seattle, I'll be at TI3 for the weekend!

Looking forward to seeing some of you there! Make sure to say hi. :)

Charles Barkley huskar is the best, So much fun. Sucks when you pick too fast and go up against a team of AOE stuns. Defeats the purpose of the 5 seconds of invincibility from the ghost scepter

I like everything about that build except the blink dagger. that's crit/maelstrom/hyperstone money. I just can't.

The International has me SO EXCITED, but also worried since this is happening to Steam:

kHjGBZP.png

I wonder if the servers can survive the International? Right now the peak is 420k users in Dota 2, and god knows how many will log into the in-game client during the tournament.

I started playing him because I kept losing to him lol. Wanted to find out more about him and had a ton of fun doing it.
Same here, sort of. He seemed overpowered and I wanted to find out why, and it made me recognize some deeper strategy like positioning and timing and when to go solo/together, because SB is actually pretty garbage against a good team. He's probably the second most fun to play in a public game behind Drow, just because both of them have a great surprise factor plus being able to kill anyone.

Boken

Banned
Try hon. It's faster and pretty close to dota.

Also Dawngate and LoL are pretty different from what I've played. I don't think you played enough of the two to parse the differences there. Granted I don't particularly like either of them, but Dawngate specifically has some relatively big differences.

Never played Infinite Crisis. Maybe I should.
infinite crisis is basically a clone of dominion
such a shame because i wanted to play batman

This one guy I am sorta trying to get into DOTA 2 from LoL doesn't really see the need for a courier and has a hard time controlling it when he does use it. He is perfectly fine with running back to base and teleporting back to a tower, since that is pretty close to how you would do it in LoL. I am one of those players who has all of the couriers commands memorized and always wants a courier. So it was sort of a shock to me to find out that people can have a hard time controlling it when you play these types of games regularly. I expect people new to this genre to have a hard time. This was also the first time me witnessing manual courier control because all of my friends can do the same thing as me. Now I know why people get the courier killed while using it or they themselves get killed. Because they are manually controlling it.
its not very hard to memorise courier commands lol
the hardest thing is to remember to check if somebody is using it at the time
Been working on and off on some paper art. Complete pain in the ass gluing things together, but it was fun making. Never done it before, I'll probably do more in the future.

Whole album here.
holy shit milk i didnt know you had a creative bone in your body
is there a base image or did you draw that
The Snowl is on sale for 33% off today. JUST AN FYI
snowl is incredibly boring. only girls like snowl, cos its cute
I dread it whenever someone picks Sniper on my team, trash hero. Worst carry in the game? I feel like you have to be really dumb to let him snowball, if the other team picks him I go Bane and go to town.

American servers must be full of assholes btw, on Europe West I hardly ever get any griefers or leavers/afkers. Sure, you get russian trashtalkers etc, but they're playing til the end at least.
ill carry neogaf with sniper
just ask me nicely
Win rate and overall wins mean two things:

Jack

and shit.

The teams can be balanced skill wise and it still end in a steamroll. The game just snowballs easily.
high winrate means youre good
i have a 75% winrate dont take this away from me

Just started playing Spirit Breaker. So damn fun.
im convinced that only assholes play spirit breaker
if my worst enemy was on the other team id probably pick spirit breaker.

Kenneth

Neo Member
im convinced that only assholes play spirit breaker
if my worst enemy was on the other team id probably pick spirit breaker.

That's what I thought. I hated losing to a SB because my teammates don't know how to counter him so I just started playing him

Kenneth

Neo Member
Same here, sort of. He seemed overpowered and I wanted to find out why, and it made me recognize some deeper strategy like positioning and timing and when to go solo/together, because SB is actually pretty garbage against a good team. He's probably the second most fun to play in a public game behind Drow, just because both of them have a great surprise factor plus being able to kill anyone.

Drow in pubs >>>>>>>>

That's what I thought. I hated losing to a SB because my teammates don't know how to counter him so I just started playing him

It's alright, the good thing about SB is that he's counter-able. Just play with him in a few bot matches so you can know his strengths and weaknesses. It goes a long way in helping to beat him during a normal match.

Oh and fed Medusa + Rapier is the scariest carry in the game. She pretty much destroyed my whole team over and over, which also had a pretty fed PL and overturned a 20 kills lead single-handedly. Granted it was our fault for giving her the space to farm but holy shit.

Kenneth

Neo Member
It's alright, the good thing about SB is that he's counter-able. Just play with him in a few bot matches so you can know his strengths and weaknesses. It goes a long way in helping to beat him during a normal match.

Oh and fed Medusa + Rapier is the scariest carry in the game. She pretty much destroyed my whole team over and over, which also had a pretty fed PL and overturned a 20 kills lead single-handedly. Granted it was our fault for giving her the space to farm but holy shit.

TPs are the best way to counter him I find. Just have your team TP to where he charges and you've got him

Calidor

guys I'm sooo hyped for Ti3...

I'm rooting foe Quantic first but since they don't stand a chance to win this thing, Na'Vi is next.

I hope Alliance and LGD.cn get eliminated ASAP

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine

I'm rooting foe Quantic first but since they don't stand a chance to win this thing, Na'Vi is next.

My man! I really wanna see quantic win the wildcard to see what kind of magic they can draft.

Also Fnatic cause they be a dreamboat team.

aeolist

Banned

when alliance wins 1st place i'll be laughing and thinking of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom