• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I can understand why Spirit Breaker has a the second highest win rate of all the heroes but why does Warlock have the highest? Kinda shocked me, i was expecting Lancer Cancer.

Pubs love to clump together and get destroyed by the golem.

1004487_579490442090061_305068347_n.jpg

Zeknurn

I think there will eventually be a lobby system like Warcraft 3 where you can play whatever, but if you buy a custom map stamp, you can join a matchmaking queue for the game modes that you paid for (and invite your friends for free).

Basically what CS:GO does with their map passes.

Sounds like the obvious implementation.

As for copyright infringing maps, it's not any different from custom models on the workshop. The community will be on first wave cleaning duty and the creators can request takedowns.

M.D

I can buy the compendium from the Steam Market with no worries right?

Can you buy from the market only with your Steam wallet?

Tobe

I can buy the compendium from the Steam Market with no worries right?

Can you buy from the market only with your Steam wallet?

yes.

ppl traveling to TI3 where are you gonna stay, if there is a chance i go, ill need to room with someone if that's possible anybody would wanna group up? gaf room?

NBtoaster

Man jungle Bloodseeker is kind of terrible. You'll have no health in the first 10 minutes and you gain levels so slowly. And any camp that gets stacked kills you.

I'd love to get in to making workshop items (I'm a 3D animator professionally, so I guess that means something?) but I can already predict I'd rather just be playing Dota in my free time than making stuff for it......

...maybe I need another losing streak ;)

Skinpop

Not going to have my main computer for TI3, so can't watch any of the games in the client. What's going to be the next best way? Heard Twitch slows down to a crawl and I guess it'll only be worse with packed streams.

Valve will stream it on Youtube live.

you're lucky you didn't get na'vi and lgd.int. those cards are IMPOSSIBLE to find. Still looking for a damn Brax and 1437.
LGD china are rarer I think. Pretty sure I might have a spare Brax and 1437 but at work so not sure. Sylar is the last card I need

When browsing for live games, what does that chart in the middle mean, the one labeled 'All Pick'. Looks like two quarter-circles of stadium seating or something....

Boken

Banned
When browsing for live games, what does that chart in the middle mean, the one labeled 'All Pick'. Looks like two quarter-circles of stadium seating or something....
Those segments represent towers and lanes

The segments disappear when the respective tower dies

I'm fuckin' dying over here. Are you serious? I'm not sure which bothers me more -- the idea that he thought it would work, or the fact there are probably people who will fall for this.

I'm sure someone will still fall for this. there is also this one instance where someone added me, told me if I want to learn a "hack". The hack software will open all the chests I have after 2 to 4 hours he said. He kept reminding me that to run the software successfully, I must enter the correct email address that is connected to my Steam. I played along and he sent the software to my email. I'm a software developer so I know how this thing works and just ignored it anyway. Besides, it is very obvious that these kind of free items are too good to be true and are scams.

If you still have his steam id / profile page please share it, don't think these type of people can be reported enough times.

I have his page open in my Steam but his profile is set to private. Can't seem to see any other vital information.

Should be a button on the top right of his profile saying "more" click that and report violation.

Thanks. I already reported him. :)

Arghhh I hate Abbadon. His ultimate is damn annoying, how is it only a 40 sec cooldown is beyond my imagination

Ignore Abaddon when in ult. Generally, ignore most tanks in a teamfight and kill them last. It can be hard to notice somtimes but be alert whenever his ulti pops out and just walk with him and whack him when it deactivates.

Alright, since it's near The International, and I'm giddy as hell for it, let's make a fun little giveaway.

The best drawing of Windrunner (be it funny, sexy, or cute) gets all player cards for the Compendium. I'll be picking one in 2, 3 hours or so.

BeesEight

I can understand why Spirit Breaker has a the second highest win rate of all the heroes but why does Warlock have the highest? Kinda shocked me, i was expecting Lancer Cancer.

Why did you think it would be Phantom Lancer?

Even in competitive play he posts middling results at best. In pubs he's no more fearsome than any other late game carry who drags the game out and gets farm. I can't even remember the last time I've lost to a PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom