• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, since it's near The International, and I'm giddy as hell for it, let's make a fun little giveaway.

The best drawing of Windrunner (be it funny, sexy, or cute) gets all player cards for the Compendium. I'll be picking one in 2, 3 hours or so.

Pardon the grammar error. This is the best I could do and I have to play Ni No Kuni in a moment. :)
xG0oyVH.jpg

Guys, please help me!

I love playing as VS, and I like her armor debuff but I have no idea how armor works in this game. Could anybody explain or point me into the direction of the know how?

Much appreciated guys, thanks!

I've found that this site is best for trading player cards - http://steamep.com/

You set which cards you have and which you want. Then the site searches for matches for you and you can add others who have cards you want. Pretty handy.

Also a bunch of people have added me in the last couple of days trying to get my Trapjaw for next to nothing. Who really falls for these scams anyway? Best offer I've had is 3 keys + some rares. Shieet.

Baha

I've found that this site is best for trading player cards - http://steamep.com/

You set which cards you have and which you want. Then the site searches for matches for you and you can add others who have cards you want. Pretty handy.

Also a bunch of people have added me in the last couple of days trying to get my Trapjaw for next to nothing. Who really falls for these scams anyway? Best offer I've had is 3 keys + some rares. Shieet.

Just paste this link whenever someone lowballs you on your trapjaw: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Unusual Trapjaw the Boxhound

Who really falls for these scams anyway? Best offer I've had is 3 keys + some rares. Shieet.

lol you should see some of the bullshit I get.
Im sure DV and some the cowboy Ursa guys get redonkulous offers for there stuff.

I had a guy a instaignored 3times (after I got friend request I checked his pro and knew right away what he wanted) then finally put on block. He went 3rd party on my friends list to try to con me!

Bleh, I only need the dendi card still but people seem to be a fan of those and not give them away too much.

Even when I have a lot to trade it is difficult to find one.

EDIT: Yay, found one through dota2warehouse.

Inversive

Well, I've only played with the limited hero pools in the tutorial. He seemed to scale pretty well (no pun) in the later game. Mostly, I like turning into a dragon. =/

Maybe Lycan, you can learn how to jungle (watch vids first) and you can turn into a gigantic wolf.

Watched 3 more replays last night (warded/unwarded ancient stacking on radiant and the warded dire ancient stacking)

Yes. Let me know when you're on and i'll set up a private lobby to show you and answer all questions.

also,

http://dotabuff.com/matches/259523112

they warded my ancients at least 3 times. there were at least 3 team fights in 10 minutes at the ancients themselves over me doing my thing there. still went pretty well. As I mentioned before, it's hard to maintain that kind of presence at the enemy ancients. So much xp is lost if you don't get a kill, and you can only afford to ward it so much as a poor support. But the first 10 minutes in this one represent the most aggression you'll see. Different heroes can be more imposing, but the concept is the same.

shout out to Dreams

Number 19th

BASED GABEN
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Baha

Anybody have an extra kotl horn or spectre weapon from the TI3 chests that they'd be interested in trading for a rubick staff from the same chest?

[EDIT] Done.

All star match:

Team A:
Loda
Chuan
Dendi
Hao
ARS-ART

vs

Team B
Burning
Akke
Mushi
Ferrari
Puppey

Solo championship:

Dendi (Natus Vincere)
Ferrari (Invictus Gaming)
S4 (Alliance)
FATA (mousesports)
Mushi (Orange eSports)
Mu (TongFu)
xiao8 (LGD Gaming)
iceiceice (Zenith)

I was really hoping TC or Korok would make it to the solo tourney, but I suppose they're not as popular as these players... No US/Canadian players in either events, btw.

Dreams you ever play around with midas on medusa?

only once, believe it or not.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/223656061

It went well. I...except on Nature's Prophet, I just don't like buying Midas. Even when free-farming. I always worry that as soon as I buy one, the other lanes are going to start caving in on the team and I'm suddenly going to not be able to get my core items up fast enough. I'm sure in many of these games I could have bought it and been fine, but I'm really conservative like that. I think I've only bought a rapier on her once in life too.

Generally what I've found is that if I'm getting enough free farm in a lane to get 55-65cs in 10 minutes, it just means I have my core items up already and can get to the meat of the farming/ancient stacking part of the gameplan. I suppose there's really not even a need for a midas if I'm hitting 800gpm without one. but hell, I'll try it today. worse that could happen is a loss.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Just randomly decided to watch this, even though I am nowhere near qualified enough to give advice. But I know enough to know that you should not have gotten Boots first. You should have gotten some regen items, iron branches, and maybe a Slippers of Agility if you really wanted some stats early. All of that will do more for you in the first few minutes than Boots. Boots are a good first item to buy in lane, but NOT as a starting item.

Thanks man, I will keep this in mind. Any other advice is greatly welcomed.

Thanks man, I will keep this in mind. Any other advice is greatly welcomed.

Watch some tournament matches with the in-game client, and focus on a pro player using a character you like. See how they position their character, and the items they focus on buying. It's the fastest way to learn.

In Dota, positioning is probably the most important knowledge you can have.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Robin Nymann
‏@robinnymann
Eric Johnson's answer about custom maps: "It's something we've talked about. We'll definitely do it eventually."

BeesEight

All star match:

Solo championship:

I was really hoping TC or Korok would make it to the solo tourney, but I suppose they're not as popular as these players... No US/Canadian players in either events, btw.

I don't think anyone I voted for made it. :(

No Canadians is unfortunate but expected.

Edit: Wait, I'm dumb. There's Chuan and Akke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom