• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ink4n3

You can load a highlight, start it, and quit. It will count.

Edit: Or just play it as fast as you can. Takes less than a minute.

bro that's why you just watch the highlights in the replay

you can do just the highlights or just 2 or 3 seconds of the normal replay. all works the same. I just don't like the process of having to download the replays in the first place.

At lest you can now link your Twitch account and have it evolve with the tab muted.

def more reasonable. but idunno...waiting 2-3 months for a set to "max out"...you lose interest. The excitement is gone after awhile.

Damn, both groups are groups of death.

nobody is making it out unscathed.

Both groups pretty tough, yeah. A has more T1 teams, but the T2 teams are worse (on paper.) B has Alliance and tons of strong T2 teams that could easily upset them or each other.

I'd probably be more scared to be in group A if I wasn't Na`Vi or LGD.cn though. Poor mouz :(

Dreavus

I just wanted to say, the way Abaddon summons his weapon from nothing when an enemy is nearby is the coolest thing. What are the other heroes that do that sort of thing? (I know Brew and Jugg do something similar).

shira

irT260jpzUbf7.png

At least navi gets to play DK since they missed each other at Alienware

I just wanted to say, the way Abaddon summons his weapon from nothing when an enemy is nearby is the coolest thing. What are the other heroes that do that sort of thing? (I know Brew and Jugg do something similar).

Drow aura? What do brew and jugg do?

Sibylus

Banned
Yes. Let me know when you're on and i'll set up a private lobby to show you and answer all questions.

also,

http://dotabuff.com/matches/259523112

they warded my ancients at least 3 times. there were at least 3 team fights in 10 minutes at the ancients themselves over me doing my thing there. still went pretty well. As I mentioned before, it's hard to maintain that kind of presence at the enemy ancients. So much xp is lost if you don't get a kill, and you can only afford to ward it so much as a poor support. But the first 10 minutes in this one represent the most aggression you'll see. Different heroes can be more imposing, but the concept is the same.
Seeing the Drow on your team is making me wonder how much earlier your damage was appreciable than otherwise. Potential pocket strategy?

So as a melee, how the fuck am I supposed to get first-hits while laned up against ranged? They continuously just pick me down if I try to get anywhere near the creep and I can't do shit.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Seeing the Drow on your team is making me wonder how much earlier your damage was appreciable than otherwise. Potential pocket strategy?

I don't think so, having two heroes that weak early will get you run over by early aggression.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Giantbomb grand finals on Friday cancelled barring further updates :(.

So as a melee, how the fuck am I supposed to get first-hits while laned up against ranged? They continuously just pick me down if I try to get anywhere near the creep and I can't do shit.

Stout Shield ---> Poor Man's Shield on many melee. Quelling Blade is also nice.

Most melee carries are a lot more tanky and usually buy something that gives a bit more protection at the start. But mostly hope you get a good ranged support in your lane else you get screwed.

And yay, collected all the player cards. But now I still have ten left or so and not sure if/how I can get anything for them.

Lotto

Gotta hope to have some people that are willing to trilane with you, or rotate to a different lane (preferably safe lane). Usually trilaning works so that one person gets the farm (carry) while the other 2 (usually supports) harass the enemy and deny creeps. If all the lanes look bogus and you can't seem to find any farm and you're a farm dependent character, it might just be best to look into other alternatives like farming jungle creeps.

I'm not too savvy on this stuff so maybe someone else can chime in too. I've just been dipping my feet into melee farm-dependent heroes myself.

edit: lots of good advice above as well!

Sibylus

Banned
I don't think so, having two heroes that weak early will get you run over by early aggression.
Well, the thought was about a midgame pushing sort of deal. 80% damage on Split Shot combined with 28% Agi from the aura, I wonder how close that would come to having Dusa doing full damage on all her arrows.

So, my team just signed this guy, his name is Roberto Chen

D9uq4Zy.jpg

Maybe he casts holy persuasion on Messi and Ronaldo and we win everything :D

Conceptor

Alright, since it's near The International, and I'm giddy as hell for it, let's make a fun little giveaway.

The best drawing of Windrunner (be it funny, sexy, or cute) gets all player cards for the Compendium. I'll be picking one in 2, 3 hours or so.
WOO, working on something right now then!

Edit: Done! I'm not much of an art person and I used paint with a basic colour palette.. and I kinda rushed the legs/feet because my friends wanted to play :lol but here it is! My Windrunner as she looks in the loadout :>

T6DQf7A.png

good question, and not sure. I'd have to watch and see. tbh, the whole match was unremarkable and unmemorable except for all the fighting over me at the ancients for the first 15 minutes.

the more entertaining combo i've played with was a Troll. that shit was STUPID.

stout and walk right in their face. helix procs + hunger >>> their right-clicks.

Haunted

:lol

There are definitely some valid complaints about the matchmaking (I think at least balancing-wise it's pretty damn good), but it's important to separate the whining babies like that one from the actual discussion.

good stuff

Giantbomb grand finals on Friday cancelled barring further updates :(.
1R7Q0.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHH1ee5z4zA#t=29m50s

Bring regen, be prepared to eat some shots to get your last hits in, buy stout shield or quelling blade, hope that your ranged lane partner can do some counter-harassment of their own.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Dang, I was watching Hylian for the first time and his connection falls out just as things start to get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom