• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

It was super shitty today.

Glad I didn't play then.

And I'm not playing now either, booted it up to see I'm in low prio and FUCK THAT.

I don't even know why I'm in it, I never abandoned a game last night and I never made anyone mad(as far as I know).

Guess I'll just watch Breaking Bad because FUCK LOW PRIO.

/mad

Card Boy

Banned
What are the The International 2013 match IDs so far so i can buff up my courier with views?

I got these so far or is that it?

They are pretty good, they have commentary, banner graphics and everything i was wondering why they took so long to download.

F!ReW!Re

Yes. Let me know when you're on and i'll set up a private lobby to show you and answer all questions.

also,

http://dotabuff.com/matches/259523112

they warded my ancients at least 3 times. there were at least 3 team fights in 10 minutes at the ancients themselves over me doing my thing there. still went pretty well. As I mentioned before, it's hard to maintain that kind of presence at the enemy ancients. So much xp is lost if you don't get a kill, and you can only afford to ward it so much as a poor support. But the first 10 minutes in this one represent the most aggression you'll see. Different heroes can be more imposing, but the concept is the same.

Saw you added me, will let you know when I'm up for a private lobby!

Played a matched with a lower mmr buddy and his friends:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/260381779

It's trash tier but was a nice/easy way to try out the stuff I've learned these last couple of days. Was going up versus a Luna/Viper lane (????) on my save lane as Radiant.
Kotl was "supporting" although he either didn't know how to stack or his double pull kept failing. So my early game farm wasn't all that good.
Luckily I managed to get fb by using my ult and killing off Luna. With Hotd up, I kept stacking the ancients until I had yasha and then went for ButtF :)

Once that was up it was basically GG.
Got to mention again: trash tier and the enemy team kind of sucked ass so this was more of a trial run instead of a real match.

What are the The International 2013 match IDs so far so i can buff up my courier with views?

I got these so far or is that it?

They are pretty good, they have commentary, banner graphics and everything i was wondering why they took so long to download.

So i can see all the replay's with highlights from the east and west TI3 qualifiers? I want to unlock more for my smeevil.

In-game go to the Watch tab, then select tournaments and then select the EAST or WEST qualifiers. Watch those matches (I think I've watched all of them, 84 views on my courier at the moment.)

There ya go.

Had a god-like win with Morphling today, which is also my first ever win with Morphling. I've always offlaned with him, expecting to be #3 or #4 and hope to simply not feed (waveform escape) in early laning. I've had decent Morph games, even a few god-like streaks here and there, but the other lanes usually crumble and things go south no matter how well or poorly I've played. I've always farmed up a Linkens but never done well enough to get an Etheral Blade until today.

Still not relying on/using the stat switching enough (changing the properties of adaptive strike) and haven't quite nailed the art of using his ult (create and switch) but he's just so much damned fun to play once you have a decent mana pool. Morphling can be so hard to kill and can chase down other heroes so well.

Also had a beyond god-like game with a Daedlus/Battlefury Sven build (I bought them after BKB and survivability wasn't even an issue). Didn't one shot the entire enemy team in a fight. I'm still waiting for that perfect moment to happen.

Just had the most ridiculous glitch occur

gdSwSix.jpg

wow...Don't even know what to say. You see that boot of tranquility clicking on the ancient? That was my mouse cursor. The item icons from the shop were glued on my screen and wouldn't go away.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its a pretty well known glitch, just happens randomly once every 200 games or so. You can fix it by restart the client.

sixghost

I just played lategame Tinker for the first time. That was absolutely ridiculous. For the first time I feel like I need to remap my hotkeys, B and N are not keys I want to be reaching for in the middle of a big fight.

Just had the most ridiculous glitch occur

gdSwSix.jpg

wow...Don't even know what to say. You see that boot of tranquility clicking on the ancient? That was my mouse cursor. The item icons from the shop were glued on my screen and wouldn't go away.

It's a common bug. you should reconnect when you encounter one. Ask for a pause, say "item bug". Pray your opponents won't unpause. This is occuring for the longest time,I don't know why Valve haven't fixed it yet.

Acinixys

It's a common bug. you should reconnect when you encounter one. Ask for a pause, say "item bug". Pray your opponents won't unpause. This is occuring for the longest time,I don't know why Valve haven't fixed it yet.

They dont know how to apparently. I read somewhere on the dev forum that theyre still looking for the issue causing it

Clawww

drawn out losses are the absolute worse, and it fucking always happens to me.

can't remember the last time I lost at ~20 minutes but I wish it would happen more often

ElyrionX

I notice a couple times that I can't seem to switch items around in my inventory freely. As in, I would drag one item on top of another item and release my mouse button and the two items would not swap places. The abilities on the items were not on cooldown and I have changed the default hotkeys for the inventory slots. Anyone else experience this?

Downloaded this last night, I've watched through some tutorial videos so know most of what's going on, what are the chances i'm not going to get hideously destroyed in my first match?

F!ReW!Re

How much is the going rate for those 3 immortal couriers anyway ?

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Unusual Osky the Ottragon?filter=couriers <--- Osky
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Unusual Trapjaw the Boxhound?filter=couriers <--- Trapjaw
http://steamcommunity.com/market/li...Feez the Magic Carpet Smeevil?filter=couriers <--- Feez

Downloaded this last night, I've watched through some tutorial videos so know most of what's going on, what are the chances i'm not going to get hideously destroyed in my first match?

1. Read the OP
2. Play some bot matches
3. Play some co-op bot matches and ask for advice
4. Maybe checkout some more advanced tutorials/builds for different heroes
5. Join the Neogaf chat channel in the game and ask around if other new players are up for some matches
6. Watch some promatches
7. Watch TI3 matches (coming week is dota heaven)
8. Enjoy the flak, fun and addictiveness of dota and say goodbye to your social life.

Tips:
- Tryout different heroes that are recommended in the OP or the ones that you think look cool
- Use the in-game guides to help you with character builds and item choices (top left of the screen: the book icon)
- Ask for advice in game but ignore the flames when a match goes sour. This will get better when you start to get the hang of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom