• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Downloaded this last night, I've watched through some tutorial videos so know most of what's going on, what are the chances i'm not going to get hideously destroyed in my first match?

There is a 100% chance you will have no idea what you are doing and be completely overwhelmed. This will go down by ~1% each game you play

NewGame

Banned
I wonder how much revenue DotA2's micro transactions have made. I haven't bought a single thing because I don't value virtual hats.

F!ReW!Re

I wonder how much revenue DotA2's micro transactions have made. I haven't bought a single thing because I don't value virtual hats.

I think you'll be surprised...
I don't even know what the estimate should be?
4 million players, what would be the percentage of players that have spend money on items?

shira

I see,

$100 investment is not that bad anymore.

Someone unbox me a Feez. They cost too damn much.

After next week's secret shop runs those couriers are going to take a huge nose dive in price. Then we'll see if they bounce back or not. IMHO the dragon is no drodo and the new Lockjaw doesn't capture the charm of the original. Green lumps of coal?

Magic Carpet is decent, but can it command $300 consistently . . .

kagete

baaah anybody know where i can find a roommate for TI3. i really need one if i get the chance to go.

Sent you PM. I've got a friend looking for halfsies on a 6 night stay. I was supposed to go with him but had to focus on other things instead.

I can't believe I still suck at a game that I have played for 38 hours...

That's barely scratching the surface. You have to think of it more along an MMO timescale than anything else (and really it's probably more protracted than that.) You wouldn't even be half of the level cap in a typical MMO at 38 hours, let alone "good".

In Dota, anyone less than 100 hours is easily still a newbie. That may seem daunting, when you could finish a handful of other modern games in that time, but that's the way it is.

BQnhG9WCQAAu1bC.jpg:large

Gaben is ready

dorkimoe

Damn it. Going to miss the 1v1 stuff today. And forgot to turn on auto spectate. Still wasn't sure which was the proper number anyway 65001. Or 65006 or whatever.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I got lucky. Bought 6 international keys and got 6 different rare items. Glad I didn't get any dupes.

^ That void set is awesome.

Zeth

I still don't understand the whole economy thing, but I'm working on it. What if I just want a large assortment of random items? What's the best investment? Any suggestions?

International keys? Want to build a base of inventory

shira

I forgot to pic spam possible new Dota items. Don't worry, my memory always comes back to me.
AC6A7774AA1BBC01E0D361677691DD8AB17FA199

If this goes in, srsly

I still don't understand the whole economy thing, but I'm working on it. What if I just want a large assortment of random items? What's the best investment? Any suggestions?

buy some keys and trade for them on /reddit
or just play the game - you get items as you finish games win or lose

KingKong

~125 hrs here and I feel like I've been regressing the last few weeks, or maybe I'm just playing against better people

also Quantic is totally my dark horse to be top 4 in their group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom