• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

Yep, its bad. I'm brazilian and cant stand brazilians in online games, be it a MMO, Dota or FPS. Most of them cant even spell a word in english if theyre in a party/raid with the majority of people from another country. They spam "heuauhuhehua" and are just annoying.

My first time playing with them was in WoW, I tried to play in the brazilian server (Warsong Gulch) and couldnt stand it. So much hate and people flamming each other, not only what they call "gringos", but even other brazilians. Seems to me its the same thing in Dota, if you die once in a MM with brazilians or dont do what youre told prepare to hear a lot. Unfortunately I think this goes beyond the realm of games and most brazilians are just ignorant in general and lack proper education.

this happens all across SA

SamVimes

Am i the only one who has more success solo queing? I usually queue with a "baddie" friend which makes the matchmaking gets a little fucked up and i almost always hold most of the weight in my team so have to play solo mid or lose 80% of the games. When i'm alone i can just random every game and trust my team to support or carry me most of the times.

shira

The mythical Sven sword from the TI3 chest is so cool

When you ult its goes all glowy and red
256px-Cosmetic_icon_Ringblade.png

Can opener 4 lyfe

Haunted

Yep, its bad. I'm brazilian and cant stand brazilians in online games, be it a MMO, Dota or FPS. Most of them cant even spell a word in english if theyre in a party/raid with the majority of people from another country. They spam "heuauhuhehua" and are just annoying.

My first time playing with them was in WoW, I tried to play in the brazilian server (Warsong Gulch) and couldnt stand it. So much hate and people flamming each other, not only what they call "gringos", but even other brazilians. Seems to me its the same thing in Dota, if you die once in a MM with brazilians or dont do what youre told prepare to hear a lot. Unfortunately I think this goes beyond the realm of games and most brazilians are just ignorant in general and lack proper education.
this happens all across SA
So South Americans really are the Russians of the West.

Joking aside, I don't think any one of us really dislikes someone from another country or region just because they're from there and are actually generalising these guys seriously.

We're calling out the bad apples who join servers in languages they don't [want to] speak and with latency they will bitch about all game. I'm trying to think of solutions to the problem of little to no communication and I can't come up with many. It's a really bad idea to put people who cannot (or will not speak) a common language into one team. I don't know how to prevent the bad apples from ruining games for others except to confine them to their own region.

Sajjaja

So South Americans really are the Russians of the West.

Joking aside, I don't think any one of us really dislikes someone from another country or region just because they're from there and are actually generalising these guys seriously.

We're calling out the bad apples who join servers in languages they don't [want to] speak and with latency they will bitch about all game. I'm trying to think of solutions to the problem of little to no communication and I can't come up with many. It's a really bad idea to put people who cannot (or will not speak) a common language into one team. I don't know how to prevent the bad apples from ruining games for others except to confine them to their own region.

Lol I can apply this logic to real life topics.

JustinBB7

I just want them to do TI4 somewhere else than America. Maybe China or even Europe again, you know, where most of the playerbase is..

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
No they wouldn't, but I guess it's just easier to hate on someone as they don't speak English.
No is easy to hate them when all they do is complain and yell "fuck your mother" over and over again. I'll admit that a few guys are alright. But most international players I run into, Can't play or refuse to play.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No is easy to hate them when all they do is complain and yell "fuck your mother" over and over again. I'll admit that a few guys are alright. But most international players I run into, Can't play or refuse to play.

And all the English speaking players that do the same?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Dunno what world you guys are living in, but for every foreign asshole I can promise you there will be a domestic one. Maybe you just prefer being insulted, ignored, or otherwise annoyed in your native tongue. Why not just party up with people in this thread instead of coming here and complaining about it?

bullshit. i'm br and i've played on the south american servers on higher brackets solo and on lower brackets using alts with scrub ass irl friends. there are issues with the sa servers but the ones people are ranting about only happen in lower brackets and they're the same issues you'd come across in the north american ones. that sort of behavior is more common on lower sa brackets than na's though

also i've fucked everyone's mother on the us servers too. but i was gentle about it

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Maaaaaaan I love Abaddon so much. Playing him support last night and was actually got the other team talking about me. Running around with an Urn, Mek, Arcane boots and some pots just keeping everyone alive forever. They would jump me and the ult would pop and like fools they had already burned all stuns and slows so I would just run away. So fun.

I am also picking up Dragon Knight. He is also pretty damn hard to kill late-game.

Arkanius

bullshit. i'm br and i've played on the south american servers on higher brackets solo and on lower brackets using alts with scrub ass irl friends. there are issues with the sa servers but the ones people are ranting about only happen in lower brackets and they're the same issues you'd come across in the north american ones. that sort of behavior is more common on lower sa brackets than na's though

also i've fucked everyone's mother on the us servers too. but i was gentle about it

huehuehuehuehue

Sorry I had to

Just wanted to add that last picking Charles Barkley Huskar after seeing that the enemy team has nothing to deal with him, is the most broken thing I've ever seen in Dota. I'm literally talking 20+ absolutely safe kills you can impossibly not score.
Sure, watch out of for Bane, OD, Timber, Axe, Tinker and perhaps a few others but other than that, Ghost Scepter Huskar completely shits on every hero in the game up to the 35th minute by which you will sit on 0.75kills/Minute if you are doing bad.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I just want them to do TI4 somewhere else than America. Maybe China or even Europe again, you know, where most of the playerbase is..

I dont think the USA playerbase is exactly small. And its Valve's home soil and they seem to value that over anything else. You probably wont see the International outside of the US now that its an established event.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
plz gaben plz

I think Valve feels comfortable organizing everything from their offices in Seattle though, it'll probably be some stadium out in that wannabe California awful state, sadly :(.

Poor Washington, being called an even worse state than California

How is that even possible?

Mordeccai

Does anybody have any tips on how to *not* feed? I am about half and half now where I'll have a good game with around 3-4 deaths total, and horrible games where I die 5 times right off the bat, feed their team, and proceed to allow the steam rolling.

Is communication the key? Its rare to find a game where nobody talks but the team seems to coordinate really well, but those are always the most fun.

If you're getting radiance on LD do you straight rush it or get boots (and upgrades) first. At what point do you just give it up and go for something more affordable like a maelstrom? Would getting a midas first be recommended to help speed along the big items?

Does anybody have any tips on how to *not* feed? I am about half and half now where I'll have a good game with around 3-4 deaths total, and horrible games where I die 5 times right off the bat, feed their team, and proceed to allow the steam rolling.

Is communication the key? Its rare to find a game where nobody talks but the team seems to coordinate really well, but those are always the most fun.

Your question is way too open ended to address. My guess is that your positioning and map awareness in general need work. If you die first during laning phase, you should be playing a bit more conservatively at that point since your opponent generally has an XP advantage on you (that's not to say outright being passive) but dial back what you were doing before.

Corsick

I think by far my biggest weakness is lack of character knowledge and understanding what items to build in what matchups (or knowing what not to pick against what another team is using). Also playing support in pubs is very painful at times, when you go 2-2 as a warlock or lion through the first 15 minutes and your partner goes 7-3 and you get crushed by 25 minutes it gets pretty demotivating.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I swore off playing after a 5-15 streak but stupid TI is pulling me back in again. I'm just going to play Lion I don't even know or care what the other heroes do.

bounchfx

finished up the Spirit Breaker set last night.. marketing stuff today, hopefully submission tonight or tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom