• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Actually the price will go down if there is a massive influx of them from people buying at the Secret Shop. Also the TI3 couriers don't look as nice as the TI2 ones. But who knows.

Apparently the Scythe of Vyse

scythe_of_vyse_large.png

is a Steel Series headset. Zzz. $200 for a sheepstick

ibxOSY1hD8tJmv.png

Tobe

UKzermO.jpg

posted yet?

PLZ VALVE I NEED THIS NEW SF NOW, GIVE ME ALL 3 COLORS
orange is the best though

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raze your shadows ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I kinda dig the yellow one too, but orange/red is definitely the favorite.

f0rk

Sing Sing's stream is really good, he plays well and is entertaining to listen to. I wish I could listen to his commentary of International games in client.
Abaddon mid seems good

woodland

Really want that new SF. Love SF but they could make him so much more badass.

Anyone know what stream the TI3 1v1's were on today? Was at work and really wanna watch ;\

arimanius

I've always stayed away from MOBAs but the watching the tournament pulled me in. I'm only doing bot matches but I'm completely lost lol. I think this will be like Starcraft for me. I'll never play it online with people. I won't be good enough and don't want to deal with the jerks.

Hylian7

A debate some friends are having: Winrate on a particular hero: Does it mean anything or not?

We already established for the most part that winrate in general means almost nothing. I think the same thing applies to winrate on a hero. My Puck winrate is only 46% or something around that, yet Puck's one of my best heroes. With Puck it's often that Puck falls off, and we end up getting to late game, and can't win late game.

Sajjaja

I've always stayed away from MOBAs but the watching the tournament pulled me in. I'm only doing bot matches but I'm completely lost lol. I think this will be like Starcraft for me. I'll never play it online with people. I won't be good enough and don't want to deal with the jerks.

Play with us!

We're also jerks.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
A debate some friends are having: Winrate on a particular hero: Does it mean anything or not?

We already established for the most part that winrate in general means almost nothing. I think the same thing applies to winrate on a hero. My Puck winrate is only 46% or something around that, yet Puck's one of my best heroes. With Puck it's often that Puck falls off, and we end up getting to late game, and can't win late game.

It depends on the hero and how much that specific hero can impact the game. I feel like a Tinker, for example, is going to have more of an effect on the game outcome then a Dazzle

Which isn't to say one is better then the other, just that one can have greater influence

Sajjaja

Lol maybe I'll brave online once I get the basics down more.

eh, it's not so hard. Most players suck anyways (including myself. Only 70 hours of play lol).

Just play a few bot matches and don't be afraid to plunge into regular games. Players make more mistakes than bots (bots actually are coordinated most of the time, more so than low tier players anyways).

I used to be afraid of playing actual matches as well but now I just don't give a shit. Just dooooo

Deadly

Twitch views don't count for the courier I guess. Mine only showed 8 games viewed when I viewed at least 20 by now.
Pretty sure they do. I'm at 110 and I definitely didn't watch all that in the client. Did you link your account?

BeesEight

Well, it means how often you win with that hero. Huehue.

Is it indicative of your skill? About as much as your regular winrate (so not much at all). There's lots of factors that go into the outcome of a match and perhaps whenever you pick a certain hero the enemy team keeps counter picking it and giving you nightmare lanes.

I would think with the more games you have the more that winrate will have a little more strength to it, though. If you're sitting at 0-75 with Enchantress then there's probably a common denominator in all those games which is producing the same outcome.

And that's what my profile will some day be... sproink :(

It depends on the hero and how much that specific hero can impact the game. I feel like a Tinker, for example, is going to have more of an effect on the game outcome then a Dazzle

Which isn't to say one is better then the other, just that one can have greater influence

either winrate is relevant or it isn't. you can't say it matters for the hero but not the player and vice-versa

if i play all my games as wisp, does the hero winrate matter? does that mean my winrate also matter? if all my games are shadow fiend? storm? anti mage? lifestealer, huskar, ursa? np? pudge? there quite a few heroes people main and play most of their games with

it's one or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom