• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's my second game of "how the fuck did I win this?" (Pudge and Wisp dying almost 50 times between them trying to TP gank) time to call it quits before the Gods of MM notice this anomaly and give me a ten loss streak.

Dota 2 warehouse is how I finished my set in 2 hours.

can you spend cash on there for cards?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The bigger question is why are you reading Totalbiscuit?

It just occurred to me that I think I know where the name TotalBiscuit comes from. Either its a massive coincidence or he took it from a Discworld book I'm reading at the moment

Which would be fitting, since it was presented as a name people select because it "sounds good"

DarkKyo

If I'm using dota 2 warehouse, can the bots only send me 1 item at once? I have two items to receive but every time I try to trade, the bot only puts one of the items in and clicks "ready".....

Saprol

If I'm using dota 2 warehouse, can the bots only send me 1 item at once? I have two items to receive but every time I try to trade, the bot only puts one of the items in and clicks "ready".....
The items aren't necessarily stored on the same bots, so you'll get another trade once you complete that one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why are you guys still playing this shitty game when Dragon's Crown is out.

I knew I'd have a use for gifcam one day.

ZUsypPh.gif

ElyrionX

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I just got low prio for 2 days because I went AFK in fountain when it was CLEAR we were going to lose, terribly(and we did) and then a Windrunner has the nerve to be like "report outworld plz."

Like, what am I suppose to do, feed them more? They were all 17+ and none of us were past 13. I'm not going to waste my fucking time getting raped.

I guess I'll only ever play if I have 4 other friends because FUCK PUBS.

/mad

You deserve this shit. Ever heard of something called sportsmanship?

BeesEight

Man, Random Draft mode is basically Batrider mode.

And Batrider mode is free wins. It still baffles me when people don't first pick that guy when he's in the pool. I also feel a little bad every time I grab him... but not enough to stop.

I hope he's right, but I don't know how that would be possible in the span of a year...

He's counting in Valve years.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man, Random Draft mode is basically Batrider mode.

And Batrider mode is free wins. It still baffles me when people don't first pick that guy when he's in the pool. I also feel a little bad every time I grab him... but not enough to stop.

Random Draft (and sometimes All Random on a whim) is the only mode I play anymore honestly. Larger pool then Single Draft and since its timed there's no asshole waiting until the last second before the spawn to either pick a hero no-one counters well (on the enemy team) or the third melee carry (if they're on your team)

Okay, the latter still happens sometimes, but I find it much better in RD

Kard8p3

You deserve this shit. Ever heard of something called sportsmanship?

I deserve this for not wanting to waste 30+ minutes when I could be playing another match? It was CLEAR we lost, there was nothing to do, I don't see what sportmanship has to do with it when they beat us 60-17-ish.

So please, dont try tell me what I "deserve."

shira

I deserve this for not wanting to waste 30+ minutes when I could be playing another match? It was CLEAR we lost, there was nothing to do, I don't see what sportmanship has to do with it when they beat us 60-17-ish.

Gaben: Online communities are bigger than some countries.. . . make their own moralities.

Confrom to doto law or get out

Ultimatum

Banned

You did the right thing I guess, it's just annoying sometimes when the game looks lost but in reality it isn't and people leave quickly because they assume a couple of early deaths means a loss. Although it's just as annoying when a team is being destroyed so much that half the team leaves but one or two stay just to drag the game out.

Kard8p3

You did the right thing I guess, it's just annoying sometimes when the game looks lost but in reality it isn't and people leave quickly because they assume a couple of early deaths means a loss. Although it's just as annoying when a team is being destroyed so much that half the team leaves but one or two stay just to drag the game out.

I've taken part in (and once or twice been the reason for) winning a game that looked completely bleak for my team, so I'm not one to give up easy, but like I said, we were getting decimated at EVERY turn.

Ketch

has valve/icefrog ever put out a statement on the no surrender option policy?

I realize it wasn't in the original... but that can't be the only reason

Which is the best hero to start the game?

Ultimately you just need to try a bunch to see what you enjoy/are good at playing, but for me the first heroes I felt like I was able to have impact as were support heroes with good utility like Venomancer, Shadow Shaman, Crystal Maiden, Vengeful Spirit.

Only downside to those is they are pretty squishy and thus easy to kill---but it's easy to be useful and contribute even at a basic level.

Ze Prince

Neo Member
has valve/icefrog ever put out a statement on the no surrender option policy?

I realize it wasn't in the original... but that can't be the only reason

DOTA 2 now do not have surrender option, will you add this feature in the future?

Our current thinking is that let the game play to the end is important. There is a kind of system in DOTA 2 to finish the game quickly in the one-sided game for the losing side. On one hand, we don't want to put a long one-sided game especially for the losing side. On the other hand, we are considering the feeling for the winning side. If we add this option, winning the game will become less fun. For now, our plan is do not add this feature in the DOTA 2, but like everything, we always think about what our fans think. At some point, we will do anything.
http://2p.com/1147227_1/DOTA-2-Interview-Erik-Talking-about-Evolvement-of-DOTA-2.htm

ElyrionX

You posted on this forum so I am totally going to tell you what you deserve.

Fact of the matter is, some people have different perceptions of whether a game is lost or not. Just because you want to give up doesn't mean your teammates do. The fact that you're in their team creates an obligation on you to help them as much as you can and not just walk away.

Professional sports teams get decimated occasionally by their opponents but do you ever see any team walking off the pitch before the final whistle. No, they don't. And that's called sportsmanship. Dota is no different.

No, he didn't do the right thing. And you've essentially pointed out the reason why in this post.

Just snagged the Whale's hook for $5.75...I couldn't resist. I dunno why but every time I spend money on virtual items, I get this horribly feeling of guilt...Does this feeling guilt ever go away?

Kard8p3

You posted on this forum so I am totally going to tell you what you deserve.

Fact of the matter is, some people have different perceptions of whether a game is lost or not. Just because you want to give up doesn't mean your teammates do. The fact that you're in their team creates an obligation on you to help them as much as you can and not just walk away.

Professional sports teams get decimated occasionally by their opponents but do you ever see any team walking off the pitch before the final whistle. No, they don't. And that's called sportsmanship. Dota is no different.

No, he didn't do the right thing. And you've essentially pointed out the reason why in this post.

Um I see professional DOTA teams concede all the time, so I don't know what you're talking about.

and yes, I DID do the right thing.

ElyrionX

Um I see professional DOTA teams concede all the time, so I don't know what you're talking about.

and yes, I DID do the right thing.

They conceded as a team. You conceded as an individual. I would have reported you as well.

Enjoy your low priority.

Kard8p3

They conceded as a team. You conceded as an individual. I would have reported you as well.

Enjoy your low priority.

Again, SIXTY TO SEVENTEEN.

How is that NOT a lose? Don't even try to say it isn't.

They OUTPLAYED us. Simply.

I'm not falling for your bait. This discusison is over.

BeesEight

Random Draft (and sometimes All Random on a whim) is the only mode I play anymore honestly. Larger pool then Single Draft and since its timed there's no asshole waiting until the last second before the spawn to either pick a hero no-one counters well (on the enemy team) or the third melee carry (if they're on your team)

Okay, the latter still happens sometimes, but I find it much better in RD

Yeah, I only queue Random or Solo unless it's one of those rare times I'm grouped with my friends. They only play like 10 heroes amongst the lot of them so we have to play All Pick. And I always have no idea who to play when that happens.

That said, I've been playing a lot of Tide and Bat because they're just too good to pass up in the limited hero pools and haven't really played any of the old heroes I used to. I kind of miss my Lycan and Brewmaster.

Just snagged the Whale's hook for $5.75...I couldn't resist. I dunno why but every time I spend money on virtual items, I get this horribly feeling of guilt...Does this feeling guilt ever go away?

Only once you buy me the cauldron.

Dahbomb

You might have been sent to Low Priority pool for getting an abandonment due to being AFK. Since it takes a repeat offense to go into LP you probably abandoned sometime before that match as well.

Even if you are losing bad you should not AFK because the game will count it as abandonment. At least make sure you move your character every 30 seconds or just make a bunch of shift click commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom