• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

from reddit

WsNxeCp.gif

Haunted

You're almost never camped when the all the racks are down though. They'll take out like one and a half before starting to camp. Creeps put them on a timer, but it can be a pretty long timer.

If Valve won't make the surrender option work in all games, they should make the fountain one shot kill. Enemy enters the fountain, even at level 25 with heart and armor he is done in one shot. What they deserve for being poor winners.
I like that idea.

As I said before, fountain diving is the same as teabagging, poor form, poor sportsmanship, very juvenile. Valve should think of ways to at the very least discourage, if not outright prevent such behaviour.

Make units inside the fountain invincible/invisible or something.

Who's ready for Na'Vi to crush Orange today? :)
The games today are so fucking important. ;_;

Winners in the WB portion are instant Top 6 and escape the stupid Bo1 rounds. Go Navi, Alliance, Fnatic!

ElyrionX

Match making rating

Pardon my ignorance but what is that? I'm asking because despite the fact that as a level 3 partying with two other level 3 noobs, we are getting steamrolled in match making quite often by teams that clearly know what they are doing.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Pardon my ignorance but what is that? I'm asking because despite the fact that as a level 3 partying with two other level 3 noobs, we are getting steamrolled in match making quite often by teams that clearly know what they are doing.

It's a rating you get assigned by playing. It's invisible to you. When you win against players/team with higher MMR than you, yours increases, if you lose, it decreases. If you lose to a team much better than you, you don't lose many points at all. Maybe not even a single point.

Matchmaking tries to match people with similar MMR. Sometimes smurf accounts ruin matchmaking for you, sometimes matchmaking only finds another stack of 3 that is much better than you guys...

Piers

I always hate to read about experiences like this. Have you joined the GAF Guild yet? Better to get started with fellow GAFers who will help guide you through everything you need to learn.

What kind of time are you available to play? At the very least if you're on East Coast time I could gather up some of my crew and we could all be noobs together.

The learning curve is VERY steep at a certain point, but I promise you not everyone is an insufferable prick.

Thanks very much. I appreciate that - and will have a look!
I'm actually in the UK, so it's GMT. Is the guild in Dota 2 itself or is it a Steam group?

I can see the game being great fun, it's just all the losses and jeering weighs on me.

Haunted

Only need Dendi, Sylar and DDC to complete my compendium.

Looks like these are some of the rarest cards, though. >_> dota2wh never has them in stock.

shira

Good God how could he throw out the chakram so fast? Also I just lost a match solely due to one guy talking about how terrible another team mate was in their last match and the rest of my team getting involved instead of ignoring him, I'm sad now.

Agree, my timber is so bad I'd miss the tree hook

xanavi

For the guys getting fountain camped buy a smoke and a tp and get out of Dodge. Go hide out in the woods or their secret shop. If you're clever about it you might even get to kill their courier.

Yesterday got trashed by a Invoker+Nature Prophet teams while using Keeper. Invoker ganking from orbit with Sunstrike, Prophet finishing the job teleporting in our base and killing us just before entering fountain.

Today trashed a team with Invoker+Prophet while using Keeper and got stung by that bitter sensation that I'm winning not because I'm getting better but because I had awful opponents. Just like that team yesterday.

:(

shira

For the guys getting fountain camped buy a smoke and a tp and get out of Dodge. Go hide out in the woods or their secret shop. If you're clever about it you might even get to kill their courier.

If you are up to certain level of trash tier, they hunt you down and jungle for multiple rapiers. They get gems and wards, they know how to force abandons.

xanavi

If you are up to certain level of trash tier, they hunt you down and jungle for multiple rapiers. They get gems and wards, they know how to force abandons.

You mean down to a certain level of trash tier?

I hope that whoever is trying not to get fountain camped is down at least two lanes of rax. It shouldn't take that long for creeps to beat down your base and there's only so much jungle to go around. If you force them to play hide and seek with you and your teammates then it's unlikely they'll kill you all, especially if you're able to blink around.

shira

You mean down to a certain level of trash tier?

I hope that whoever is trying not to get fountain camped is down at least two lanes of rax. It shouldn't take that long for creeps to beat down your base and there's only so much jungle to go around. If you force them to play hide and seek with you and your teammates then it's unlikely they'll kill you all, especially if you're able to blink around.

There are 5 stacks out there who's literal goal is to make you rage quit. Someone did it to them so they are going to do it to you.

You can fountain dive before rax are down if you know where the range of tower fire is and isn't. Use the enemy shop and Sniper or Pudge can sit there all day. 6 level advantage on a stack of coordinated players can tower dive for 20 minutes.

Hey all, I work way too much so I don't have time to ever watch any pro dota, but I'd like to try to watch some of TI3. Is there a mobile friendly site that's compliling videos of the best games and maybe even some shorter highlight videos? Watching a pro dota game is such a massive time commitment ha.

Hey all, I work way too much so I don't have time to ever watch any pro dota, but I'd like to try to watch some of TI3. Is there a mobile friendly site that's compliling videos of the best games and maybe even some shorter highlight videos? Watching a pro dota game is such a massive time commitment ha.
Twitch.tv

You can always watch TI3 replays for free in the game client. Full casting commentary and all that.

bounchfx

alright guys, was a bit out of it last night so I didn't really promote it, but our Spirit Breaker set is now on the workshop!

Here's the workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=167446701
and our promo image :D. If you dig it, give it some thumbs!

Thanks for looking!!

Now it's time to relax and let those TI3 vibes wash over me. Can't wait for this weekend.

edit: shira! just noticed that you dig a little plug for me here last night, thanks dude!

xKebob

Man,playing with other guys is so much fun.. finally im not in a 4-5 carry teams!
Don't think I'll solo queue again in a long time :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dota2WH now seems to accept games. Time to unload all the old Valve games I got extras of back from the Potato Sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom