• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Thanks very much. I appreciate that - and will have a look!
I'm actually in the UK, so it's GMT. Is the guild in Dota 2 itself or is it a Steam group?

I can see the game being great fun, it's just all the losses and jeering weighs on me.

In Dota 2 I believe, I'm actually not in it yet. (embarrassingly) You can also join the GAF chat in game, but I believe most people use the Guild Chat now.

The losses aren't near as bad as the jeering, but once you get more games under your belt and you start understanding the more subtle mechanics of what makes a good and a bad match, you'll realize that most of the jeering is coming from players who are half as good as you and they're just trying to cover up for their own mistakes. As long as I concentrate on learning from every loss and win I find myself enjoying that game immensely inspite of whatever asshat thinks I'm playing wrong.

That of course, only goes for Solo queues. The few times I've queued up with some GAFers they were all helpful and knowledgeable, so if you can then definitely do that.

A terrible person who likes to waste money. I love dota, but that's just extreme man!

Whatever item ends up coming with that statue will probably make that money back and more.

JustinBB7

Asked this before, but didn't get a reply but I know there is one (or more?) Looking for the International 3 wallpaper, should have saved it when it was posted here but forgot :(

Damn fine set, bounch.

Also, fuck Spirit Breaker. That man does with just a MoM what carries need 25 minutes of farm to do. You can't even go to a lane alone. ;_;

mkenyon

Banned
I know Dreams is going, but if there is anyone in this thread that will be there today, I would greatly appreciate finding out what time the Secret Shop is open till. I asked in the other thread, but thought I would post here as well.

Thinking about making a run tomorrow, but wouldn't be able to get there until ~7ish.

Hey, voice actor of Faceless Void, SK, etc, while you're busy signing autographs please make rival lines and missing calls for they heroes you voice.

These things bother me :(

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Aside from the guy on Twitters speculation, there is really nothing to suggest it's Arc Warden. That could be Terrorblades two forms for all we know.

BeesEight

Aside from the guy on Twitters speculation, there is really nothing to suggest it's Arc Warden. That could be Terrorblades two forms for all we know.

Given that the Ember Spirit one is two alternative designs, I think it's fair to believe that the green one is two separate options. Though, I don't know what made him think it's Arc Warden either.

Edit: Given the design of the green one, I'd probably hazard it's the Earth Spirit hero.

I'll take the dark Ember Spirit theme on the bottom with the two weapons from the top concept.

I really like the bottom one too but I wonder if it'll get in given that it shares the same hat as Storm Spirit. Really liking that they're radically different form the Dota 1 models though.

Manus

I think Vengeful Spirit is probably my favorite hero to play. I love going the semi-carry route with her. Her first level stun is so strong so early. So easy to get a first blood with the right laning hero.

mkenyon

Banned
I think Vengeful Spirit is probably my favorite hero to play. I love going the semi-carry route with her. Her first level stun is so strong so early. So easy to get a first blood with the right laning hero.
Yup.

Venge is best support, because she can matter late game if you have a gank pal.

liezryou

alright guys, was a bit out of it last night so I didn't really promote it, but our Spirit Breaker set is now on the workshop!

Here's the workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=167446701
and our promo image :D. If you dig it, give it some thumbs!

Thanks for looking!!

Now it's time to relax and let those TI3 vibes wash over me. Can't wait for this weekend.

edit: shira! just noticed that you dig a little plug for me here last night, thanks dude!

Upvoted, take my money.

IceMarker

I am so goddamn HYPE!

0ZGPCxB.gif

Inversive

I had never really played Venge until I got her immortal weapon and now she is a favourite hero of mine, such a good support that scales well into late game and can gank lanes with ease. I like to build Deso on her, it might be noob but it feels so good to melt people with your scream and deso debuff.

XAL

Awesome!

I wonder who's under Arc Warden. I don't recognize the giant blue claw.

I thought it was the top of Dark Seer at first, but not so sure.

Valve needs to release a huge artbook for Dota 2. All concepts and design commentary for every hero...

I hope that wasn't an expensive purchase for you :p

slightly less than one paycheck, but still I just realized that was a GTX Titan worth of collectibles...

mkenyon

Banned
slightly less than one paycheck, but still I just realized that was a GTX Titan worth of collectibles...
A titan lasts for a year or two. Those collectibles will last *forever*.

They're nice enough that it's not like an scantily clad anime/comic character that make me cringe. I could see those on display in a well-adjusted adult's office.

ViviOggi

Dota2WH now seems to accept games. Time to unload all the old Valve games I got extras of back from the Potato Sack.

Thanks for the heads up, just unloaded a bunch of games from earlier sales I'd never play but wisely kept in my inventory, got me a shitty wizard and about 90k gold in the bank.

XAL

A titan lasts for a year or two. Those collectibles will last *forever*.

They're nice enough that it's not like an scantily clad anime/comic character that make me cringe. I could see those on display in a well-adjusted adult's office.

haha thanks, I needed a teensy little bit of reassurance on my purchase XD

liezryou

Not yet, better not be that skeleton king set they're making.

Looks kind of bad.

They usually aren't sets. They are usually single weapon items or couriers (with the exception of sharkie xD), I'd expect one of those two o_O.

Just met anuxi where are the gaffers??

Didn't you know? GAFfers hide in the dark at irl events cause we are socially awkward irl. Nevermind how outspoken we are online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom