• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Death Prophet's Beta Hat!

20111121014803%21Death_Prophet.png

Arkanius

Guys are you sure there aren't a lot of remakes/new angles in those portraits?

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=PDT001

Because there are portraits that are from completely different angles. Abaddon for starters, looks awesome that way, Kunka, Drow and Zeus look way better, Skywrath and Elder Titan look different as well from those angles and that Shadow Fiend is way more "glowy"

F!ReW!Re

Because there are portraits that are from completely different angles. Abaddon for starters, looks awesome that way, Kunka, Drow and Zeus look way better, Skywrath and Elder Titan look different as well from those angles and that Shadow Fiend is way more "glowy"

They just look like new portraits (different lighting, angle, etc) not new heroes/remakes to me.

Skab

Uh, those all look the same as the current ones. It's just a smaller picture, and its just stills taken from their animated in game portraits which makes it look like slightly different pose.

Only thing different there is the Omni one.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

They better not actually have different colors for the Meepos.

marrec

Banned
So I randomed Chen a few days ago and since have got down to business to learn the micro needed. Holy crap do I appreciate pro Chen play even more now. I think I'm trying to wrap my head around doing too much in Teamfights. Ganking is great but in Teamfights are still a bit too fast for me.

I got this though, a few more games of me destroying our team with my awful Chen play and I'll a little be less than awful. Rince repeat.

Also, there's no point in practicing Chen in a Pub.

Death Prophet's Beta Hat!

20111121014803%21Death_Prophet.png

I was sure this was going to be an Arcana

hmmm

I'm almost positive that Kunkka boat hat was going to be in the crate at one time, but was removed due to backlash. It was in the same batch update as all the other items, and remains the only item added that day that's unaccounted for.

So I randomed Chen a few days ago and since have got down to business to learn the micro needed. Holy crap do I appreciate pro Chen play even more now. I think I'm trying to wrap my head around doing too much in Teamfights. Ganking is great but in Teamfights are still a bit too fast for me.

I got this though, a few more games of me destroying our team with my awful Chen play and I'll a little be less than awful. Rince repeat.

Chen is pretty fun, he's like the commander in a RTS. Micro creepa is hard tho :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I've actually had luck in two different games now taking Chen mid, ignoring creeps until the mid-game, and just levelling his nuke and his slow and taking him ganking

I mean, its probably not the best way to play him, but it seems to work

KingKong

I was sure this was going to be an Arcana

hmmm

I'm almost positive that Kunkka boat hat was going to be in the crate at one time, but was removed due to backlash. It was in the same batch update as all the other items, and remains the only item added that day that's unaccounted for.

The people demand

Dota2_Items_NS03.jpg

Tobe

new chest items, the wizrad is not part of it, in the pokeballs you get plushies the only one that has a code is the wizard and you get the courier which oddly has a TI2 stamp. also the lockless chest has a lone druid skull, i got it. the bat rider mount is for the t shirt.

also important TRADING CARDS ARE OUT OF STOCK, valve didnt had an eta on when a new batch was coming. they didnt anticipate the sale numbers. (of course when there was a lady who was giving them like candy no halloween.) dude before me on the line got 15 pack of trading cards when he only spent for 4 packs.

trading cards contain, 2 heroes and 1 courier code. its weird cause as of now the couriers are not unsual and they dont have the ti3 stamp, cyborgmatt said he was gonna see why and tell valve. also NP plush comes with new treants but the code is fucked you get CK items instead of the treants. valve already knows they gonna work on it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
don't really have a choice, my internet is shit, average latency on NA servers is ~250ms, while SA servers i can get 120ms

Artanisix

new chest items, the wizrad is not part of it, in the pokeballs you get plushies the only one that has a code is the wizard and you get the courier which oddly has a TI2 stamp. also the lockless chest has a lone druid skull, i got it. the bat rider mount is for the t shirt.

also important TRADING CARDS ARE OUT OF STOCK, valve didnt had an eta on when a new batch was coming. they didnt anticipate the sale numbers. (of course when there was a lady who was giving them like candy no halloween.) dude before me on the line got 15 pack of trading cards when he only spent for 4 packs.

trading cards contain, 2 heroes and 1 courier code. its weird cause as of now the couriers are not unsual and they dont have the ti3 stamp, cyborgmatt said he was gonna see why and tell valve. also NP plush comes with new treants but the code is fucked you get CK items instead of the treants. valve already knows they gonna work on it.

Any screen of the lone druid skull?

Yea, that video isn't the full list, there's also Chaos Knight's Armlet shield in the chest too. Probably a few more items as well. That Boat Hat might just be in there! (lol)

Spirit3

Can I get some (harsh) feedback. I'm about 10 games in and just went 9/8/15 playing as Lich playing in Public Single Pick. Am I onto the right track to being somewhat competent at this game? Also what chests are worth opening if any? I'm happy to throw some money into this game as I imagine I will play it for many, many hours.

FUCK. Really? Will they manage to get some before today or tomorrow? :(

Manus

Man I want that Dota 2 poster, but $9 for shipping is nuts. That's a $1 cheaper than the poster itself.

To anyone ordering the blind ball plushies, the shitty wizard courier code is in the ball, you don't have to be at TI3 to "trade it in" as the ad said you did. Actually, even at TI3 you don't trade it in to anyone, the code in the wizard ball is already special.

Guesong

Can I get some (harsh) feedback. I'm about 10 games in and just went 9/8/15 playing as Lich playing in Public Single Pick. Am I onto the right track to being somewhat competent at this game? Also what chests are worth opening if any? I'm happy to throw some money into this game as I imagine I will play it for many, many hours.

Enjoy being crushed 1/12/3 in your next game.

Seriously, 10 hours is nothing and a game means nothing.

Right now, open the Treasure of Champions chests since it'll go away after TI3 and it's got some sweet limited items.

So I just bought the compendium. Is it a little bit too late now?

What can I still do at this stage?

It's not too late but you probably missed out on two of the courier upgrades (bird and mammoth). You'll already get the base courier, taunt pack and immortal item. Also, you can still upgrade your courier by watching replays of the matches within the client. It's not a complete lost cause but there's a fair bit of value lost.

marrec

Banned
Chen is pretty fun, he's like the commander in a RTS. Micro creepa is hard tho :(

Micro is hard, I keep accidentally buying TP scrolls instead of casting net. :(

I've actually had luck in two different games now taking Chen mid, ignoring creeps until the mid-game, and just levelling his nuke and his slow and taking him ganking

I mean, its probably not the best way to play him, but it seems to work

I have to take breaks in between playing Chen so horribly by playing my Leet Leshrac and destroying Visage lvl 1 in Safe Lane. My lvl 1 Leshrac play is pro tier, just gotta work on that lvl 2-25 play.

Thank you Dota2 wh..The site has been a godsend lately as it's saved me huge amounts of time in completing my crab courier but I've also managed to trade in a copy of Bulletstorm which I picked up awhile back for $2.50 ( I had really no intention of playing since I didn't enjoy the demo) for two Scree'auk's talons and spare points. I flipped one talon for $5.00 and with the rest of my balance from selling cards, completed the immortal compendium set by purchasing a whale blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom