• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Why me? :(

16240118021B6ECF9E6006208EDE0A912B1A25AC

Spookie

Can someone explain to me who Soe and PyrionFlax are? Just random community people?

Pflax started with this. After that his popularity grown and now he's got his own announcer. A lot of casters and pros invite him to steams since he's good infront of the camera and on the mic.

Low Tier
Can someone explain to me who Soe and PyrionFlax are? Just random community people?

pflax is some brit who had a fresh act with his noob videos and accent, but it got old really fast and now the only people who can still stand that shit is reddit. Soe was a caster/personality for SC2, then transfered to dota 2. She works with joindota, but she got replaced by this casi chick. Also she's a girl so nerds love her.

Artanisix

pflax is some brit who had a fresh act with his noob videos and accent, but it got old really fast and now the only people who can still stand that shit is reddit. Soe was a caster/personality for SC2, then transfered to dota 2. She works with joindota, but she got replaced by this casi chick. Also she's a girl so nerds love her.

Kaci is legitimately coo tho

Giard

Stupid question time...
I'm trying to get into Dota 2. I just read like three guides about how to play. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, and will be ready to try playing against players soon.

However, the guides keep mentioning farming, yet not one of them explained how to do so. When I see "farming", I assume leaving your lane to kill monsters in jungles, not just enemy creeps. Am I wrong? When do I know if I'm strong enough to fight the monsters?

Arkanius

Stupid question time...
I'm trying to get into Dota 2. I just read like three guides about how to play. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, and will be ready to try playing against players soon.

However, the guides keep mentioning farming, yet not one of them explained how to do so. When I see "farming", I assume leaving your lane to kill monsters in jungles, not just enemy creeps. Am I wrong? When do I know if I'm strong enough to fight the monsters?

Farming = Killing lane creeps, and killing forest monsters. Anything that gives you money. Other than the Ancient camp and Roshan, must jungle creeps (monsters) are easy to kill whenever you are level 4 or higher. Certain heroes can start killing them at lvl 1 easily, and are good heroes to jungle (Junglers)

Giard

Farming = Killing lane creeps, and killing forest monsters. Anything that gives you money. Other than the Ancient camp and Roshan, must jungle creeps (monsters) are easy to kill whenever you are level 4 or higher. Certain heroes can start killing them at lvl 1 easily, and are good heroes to jungle (Junglers)

Thanks!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Been over a year since they implemented the tournament drops, but finally got one, and for a game I care about too

bestmasterbracer.jpg

ksan

Been over a year since they implemented the tournament drops, but finally got one, and for a game I care about too

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3496710/Dotapics/bestmasterbracer.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

so it was you! sweeeeet! grats!

Phandy

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3496710/Dotapics/bestmasterbracer.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Pretty sweet moment in the game too. Cool shit.

I lost my shit when I found out one of my friends at work got a tounry drop the other day. He literally started playing like a month ago. He's cool though and I'm converting him from league, so I let it slide.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At the very least, I'm going to wait until the end of TI3 before pricing out the item, but I'll likely keep it. May end up selling the TI3 Dragon Courier, have so many couriers already.

IceMarker

Man, the most valuable item I own is either my Whalehook or my triple-unusual Dreaded Greevil. You guys are getting tournament drops and real unusual couriers. :/

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
God I hate it when the enemy team has three late game carries, your team has a Viper and a Natures Prophet, and instead of a ganking pushing strategy they think its somehow possible to play the farming game

so s2 has a new dota game? Looks like league.

I really wish people would go for their own artstyle, I don't really like leagues and I'm sure there are tons of themes that could be explored. Valve's pre beta theme looked really stylized but I prefer what it looks like now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
so s2 has a new dota game? Looks like league.

I really wish people would go for their own artstyle, I don't really like leagues and I'm sure there are tons of themes that could be explored. Valve's pre beta theme looked really stylized but I prefer what it looks like now.

Link?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Came home and saw 8 new Steam friend requests, loaded Dota and saw a tournament item. Everybody seems to want to buy it. What should I expect for it? Lol

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay no seriously, I know I complain a lot lately, but a strategy like "when they group up to hunt you, group up yourselves" should be the kind of thing anyone can understand. Yet in every single game I lose it seems its because the enemy is smart enough to group up and go hunting and no-one besides me and maybe one other guy think that counter-grouping is a good idea.

Card Boy

Banned
So glad I sold my HoN account like 2 weeks before they announced every hero was gonna be free. I got $50 out of it aswell. Never giving those shysters another cent.

Spookie

Aww some the Brewmaster t-shirts run out. So I'm going to have to wait another 10 days for my order. :(

But yay Valve sent me a lockless lockbox code anyway and I got a Crystal Maiden staff. All these items appear to have cosmetic effects too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom