• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG how awesome is this.

3WU6B.jpg

Jesus

F!ReW!Re

first time Lycan
not including 1 game 6 months ago when i had no fucking idea what i was doing
http://dotabuff.com/matches/267414263
i now get why some people love him so much.

i think thats a new high gpm for me too.

Nice one, although I do prefer going Necronomicon after taking down rosh.
That shit will FUCK UP enemy towers/buildings. Making you a pushing machine.
In teamfights the 2 creeps get mostly ignored but when you've got a level 3 necrob, it hurts and it's great for hunting down those irritating invis heroes.

#TeamLycanNecroBook

OMG how awesome is this.

3WU6B.jpg

Jesus

WHAT??!?!!?!?>?>?><<<!!?!?!>!?>

Damn I'm jealous..... Great haul man! Awesome..........
I neeeeeeeeed one!

DarkKyo

To anyone ordering the blind ball plushies, the shitty wizard courier code is in the ball, you don't have to be at TI3 to "trade it in" as the ad said you did. Actually, even at TI3 you don't trade it in to anyone, the code in the wizard ball is already special.

My question is, were the trading cards for purchases over 50 dollars at the International only? Would be awesome if they came through ordering from the secret shop as well.

Kyaw

It's not too late but you probably missed out on two of the courier upgrades (bird and mammoth). You'll already get the base courier, taunt pack and immortal item. Also, you can still upgrade your courier by watching replays of the matches within the client. It's not a complete lost cause but there's a fair bit of value lost.

Oh cool. Is there a minimum amount of time to watch the replays or do I need to sit through the whole matches?

How about fantasy teams and such? Is that too late?

Actually didn't have internet because I moved houses and now I'm over at a friend's house to watch TI3.

F!ReW!Re

You are too late for the fantasy team section though.
Replays will last a VERY long time so you should be good with that.
As in regards to player cards, you might still be able to complete those by trading.

Oh cool. Is there a minimum amount of time to watch the replays or do I need to sit through the whole matches?

Actually didn't have internet because I moved houses and now I'm over at a friend's house to watch TI3.

I've heard anything from fast forward to the end screen to 10 seconds per replay to just watching the highlights. I just watched the highlights for the qualifiers. Yeah, you're locked out of any and all predictions but you should still be able to wrack up player cards for the crab courier/dye, which you would be able to trade for the other courier upgrade items.

Your best bet at getting cards quickly.
dota 2 warehouse
http://steamep.com/?sb=truelist

Speaking of player cards, trade in value is at 4 points now...while they sell for 20 points. I suppose it's a good deal if you're looking to buy.

So heroes post TI3 and what we know about them (this is also in a sort of order, but not really)

Legion Commander (obviously. She's like 99% done)
Techies (final concept art, some base code work done for their abilities, really popular hero)
Ember Spirit (concept art seems near competition, recently made cm ready)
Abyssal Underlord (concept art near completion)
Arc Warden (same as Pit Lord, concept near completed)
Terrorblade (incredibly early concept, very rough)
Winter Wyrm (voice actress credit)

And the trail runs cold after that...

I'm hoping more art surfaces before this is over.

I'm thinking Winter Wyrm has to be a lot further along than we know, based on Zet being well along concept wise and WW having a voice credit. Pheonix is entirely MIA. Obviously ES and Oracle won't have any work done for a real long time.

No no, Scythe is not mine. I'm not there yet.

I'm just hella jelly. I'll find and DRAG Bulldog's ass back to the autograph station to sign mine when I get there. Fuck that. This is priority #1. The levels of awesome are unparalleled. I'm getting a headache from how awesome that is. UGH.

KingKong

So heroes post TI3 and what we know about them (this is also in a sort of order, but not really)

Legion Commander (obviously. She's like 99% done)
Techies (final concept art, some base code work done for their abilities, really popular hero)
Ember Spirit (concept art seems near competition, recently made cm ready)
Abyssal Underlord (concept art near completion)
Arc Warden (same as Pit Lord, concept near completed)
Terrorblade (incredibly early concept, very rough)
Winter Wyrm (voice actress credit)

And the trail runs cold after that...

I'm hoping more art surfaces before this is over.

I'm thinking Winter Wyrm has to be a lot further along than we know, based on Zet being well along concept wise and WW having a voice credit. Pheonix is entirely MIA. Obviously ES and Oracle won't have any work done for a real long time.

are you ready for the 3 hero patch the week after TI3?

Kyaw

I've heard anything from fast forward to the end screen to 10 seconds per replay to just watching the highlights. I just watched the highlights for the qualifiers. Yeah, you're locked out of any and all predictions but you should still be able to wrack up player cards for the crab courier/dye, which you would be able to trade for the other courier upgrade items.

Your best bet at getting cards quickly.
dota 2 warehouse
http://steamep.com/?sb=truelist

Speaking of player cards, trade in value is at 4 points now...while they sell for 20 points. I suppose it's a good deal if you're looking to buy.

You are too late for the fantasy team section though.
Replays will last a VERY long time so you should be good with that.
As in regards to player cards, you might still be able to complete those by trading.

Thanks guys! That was super helpful.

Hylian7

At one point on stream yesterday, after a match, they showed someone's inventory at the bottom of the screen, and the Scythe of Vyse looked different, a lot more green. Was I the only one that noticed this?

Arkanius

At one point on stream yesterday, after a match, they showed someone's inventory at the bottom of the screen, and the Scythe of Vyse looked different, a lot more green. Was I the only one that noticed this?

Chinese version of the Scythe
Censored to show no skull

Add me on Steam. I have 40 odd cards I can give you to get you started off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom