• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Okay no seriously, I know I complain a lot lately, but a strategy like "when they group up to hunt you, group up yourselves" should be the kind of thing anyone can understand. Yet in every single game I lose it seems its because the enemy is smart enough to group up and go hunting and no-one besides me and maybe one other guy think that counter-grouping is a good idea.

My other favourite is "hey we should push this weak lane and try and win" and everyone just scatters to the winds.

Good job guys.

sephi22

Can anyone tell me how to play good with Shadow Demon?
I usually can't get any kills with him, even early on.

All I usually end up doing with him is being a ward bitch and disrupting friends/foes.
I really don't know when to use his ulti or the catcher move.

All I usually end up doing with him is being a ward bitch and disrupting friends/foes.

Sounds like you're playing him perfectly.

Use the catcher move when your friend is in trouble/on yourself to waste time of opponents/escaping hero/initiating.

Boken

Banned

hey welcome to being a support

red731

Hi.
Is there any ingame gaf group or you guys set time here and then play?
I played the game earlier, but this international made me play it again - I am playting tutorial now and will play with bots after, but I would also like to play with someone that I "know".

sephi22

hey welcome to being a support
I'm not new to support. I've played 150+ games as support (90% of my games). But usually I know what to do early game with my heroes, when to kill, etc.

But with Shadow Demon I don't usually have any sort of gameplan.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Disrupt a dude to give your team time to get in position, try and soul catcher, purge if your team needs more time to kill the target.

Are you maxing soul catcher first? A lot of SDs max shadow poison first, which usussally isn't the best if you are supporting.

F!ReW!Re

Congrats on the courier!

( i opened a lot of them still no courier here :( )

Thanks!
To be fair, I opened a shitload of chests last week (around 40-50) and got all the items except any of the couriers.
Decided I wouldn't open any more chests, but had 1 extra drop yesterday and opened it and got lucky.

Hi.
Is there any ingame gaf group or you guys set time here and then play?
I played the game earlier, but this international made me play it again - I am playting tutorial now and will play with bots after, but I would also like to play with someone that I "know".

Join the in-game NEOGAF chat channel:

DotaChannelPart1_zps20d64e13.png

Always people around, just ask if anyone's interested in doing some games

Man, I am so bad at QoP. Always so squishy. laning is usually great, heaps of LH and denies, but as soon as i start roaming i suck balls, its like I have to pop all my skills just to kill a non-tanky support hero =[

F!ReW!Re

Man, I am so bad at QoP. Always so squishy. laning is usually great, heaps of LH and denies, but as soon as i start roaming i suck balls, its like I have to pop all my skills just to kill a non-tanky support hero =[

It all comes down to communicating the gank with the other lanes.
Usually you can take them down easily with the 3 of you.
And if you want to solo gank someone, items like Scythe of Vyse and/or Orchid are a must.
Once they are silenced or hexed it's an easy kill...

red731

Thanks!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/CrackMasterK/DotaChannelPart1_zps20d64e13.png[//img]

Always people around, just ask if anyone's interested in doing some games[/QUOTE]

Them instructions. Thank you and your time! [I][B]Perfect.[/B][/I]

Boken

Banned
I'm not new to support. I've played 150+ games as support (90% of my games). But usually I know what to do early game with my heroes, when to kill, etc.

But with Shadow Demon I don't usually have any sort of gameplan.

my experience is that shadow demon has a weaker early game compared to other supports

but then you get to be awesome later

It all comes down to communicating the gank with the other lanes.
Usually you can take them down easily with the 3 of you.
And if you want to solo gank someone, items like Scythe of Vyse and/or Orchid are a must.
Once they are silenced or hexed it's an easy kill...

comms was a problem. I would come in from mid with a dd bottled, they would ping a target and simply not be there when I was even though they had time. dead QoP

F!ReW!Re

comms was a problem. I would come in from mid with a dd bottled, they would ping a target and simply not be there when I was even though they had time. dead QoP

One more thing:
Make sure you look at the position of the creepwave in the lane you are planning to gank.
If it's too close to the enemy tower, it's probably a waste of time to even go there for a gank and you should just stay in mid or gank the other lane...

my experience is that shadow demon has a weaker early game compared to other supports
That's not the case. His early game is good with a point in Disruption and two in Soul Catcher.

If you want to have a great time, go mid, put a point in Disruption, one in SC, three in Poison and obviously your ult at 6. Soft your opponent up a little with poison and proceed killing him with your 4 spell combo. SD is virtually untouchable 1on1 and I heard he nukes roughly as much as Lina at level 6. It's hilarious. Mid used to be a free win lane with him when poison granted vision on the affected units but he's still insanely good. You just don't get high ground vision for free any more.

And yes, he scales insanely well with two %-based skills and an ulti that slows thru BKB. Tier 1 pick in the competitive scene for a reason. Usually too high a skill cap for pubs though and too much fuck up potential with miss-timed Disruptions.

XAL

Aww some the Brewmaster t-shirts run out. So I'm going to have to wait another 10 days for my order. :(

But yay Valve sent me a lockless lockbox code anyway and I got a Crystal Maiden staff. All these items appear to have cosmetic effects too.

Lucky

I got my 20 pokeballs and nature's prophet plushie removed from my order without notice as well as my brewmaster shirt, order is still pending but I have been charged the full amount of my order. no codes, no email, no nothing.

What the fuchs :(

I guess I'll just sad slow walk away while I wait 2 weeks for valve to get back to me about my order.

Spookie

Lucky

I got my 20 pokeballs and nature's prophet plushie removed from my order without notice as well as my brewmaster shirt, order is still pending but I have been charged the full amount of my order. no codes, no email, no nothing.

What the fuchs :(

Mine has been billed and I got two emails from valve.

Unlucky duder. :(

I ordered three and want Earthshaker, Tide and Warlock

and then I'll get 2 Enigmas and a Death Prophet and my chests will give me 3 Kunkka shadow blades :/

Hello,

If you have received this email, you have placed an order on the Valve Store for one or more of the following items:

Dota 2 Microplush Blindbox
Dota 2 Track Jacket
Brewmaster T-shirt
Nature’s Prophet Plush

Unfortunately, we do not have enough stock to fill your order and these products have long lead times.

As such, we have removed the items from your order. If the entirety of your order consisted of these items, we have cancelled the order. Please allow 7 business days for funds to be returned to your credit or debit card, if you paid using either of those methods.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issue.

Regards,
Chris

Valve Store

D:

I ordered like an hour after they went up for sale, so it doesn't look like anyone is getting their Valve store stuff...

D:

I ordered like an hour after they went up for sale, so it doesn't look like anyone is getting their Valve store stuff...

I got the same thing for the Brewmaster stuff but they didnt say anything to me about my 1 meager dotaball.
Got a Email 10 minutes PRIOR saying this:

It states that we’re removing the item from your order so the rest can ship--but according to many responses, it seems like people tend to want us to hold the order until it can ship complete. So that’s what we’re going to do instead. If you would prefer that we cancel your order please contact me. Otherwise your order will be held for about ten days in order to get stock.

Well hopefully they continue to stock the TI3 merch (clearly there's a huge demand for it) indefinitely, even if they can't satiate the demand right now.

Would love to get a few of those plushies, but wallet is tight at the moment.

Anyone have an alliance: loda card double to trade?
I figured i'd eventually complete one team just by playing the game, to upgrade the courier, but nope... with 3 days till it ends I might as well give up and trade...

I have a whole bunch of double cards myself.

Alternatively I also still need these pairs to complete a set, that would work too :
dignitas :fogged +waytosexy
DK : burning + X
MUFC : tfg+ling
mousesports : synderin + pas
rattlesnake: luo + ramn

When using Meepo, how do you go to the 2nd Meepo when you got all 4 selected?

(Like in WC3 where you can just press Tab to select the next unit selected).

This is a big duh for most of you guys but medallion is just such an awesome item for a farm starved BH. This is doubly so when you're up against a team that's actually buying detection as it allows you to contribute to a gank/fight while keeping your distance from sentries/dust. I've played multiple games lately where an early medallion allowed me to catch up in net worth during midgame after a poor early game start due to being in a solo short lane..Eventually I just sell it once I get my deso (does the armor reduction stack with deso's?) as I need the slot for other things. But I really didn't expect medallion to be an item that would help with BH's survivability against detection.

DarkKyo

D:

I ordered a single ball and mine hasn't been cancelled... yet...

I ordered mine yesterday morning, along with a Puck shirt and two Brewmaster glasses.

Edit: Apparently it shipped out the same day, so I guess some things went out. I wonder if they would have sent yours if you only ordered 1 ball... Seems pretty silly to cancel either way...

Enco

Are you shitting us Valve?
We raised a million for TI3. What made you think we wouldn't devour (snort) your merchandise?
Valve is all about dat cash.

Want to hold a competition to make money? Cool. Get the community to pay for the prize!
Want to sell merchandise? Cool. Only make a small amount. Save dat extra cash.

$$$$$$ Valve is probably run by Nature's Profit.

Arkanius

Valve is all about dat cash.

Want to hold a competition to make money? Cool. Get the community to pay for the prize!
Want to sell merchandise? Cool. Only make a small amount. Save dat extra cash.

$$$$$$ Valve is probably run by Nature's Profit.

Hoola Hoola get doola.

----

Just opened a TI3 chest with a key from a few TF2 hat sales.

YeZ9roS.jpg

Was expecting a Courier since I have luck with these. Got a giant glowstone for a sword...
At least it wasn't an axe for Axe

Filth

Hoola Hoola get doola.

----

Just opened a TI3 chest with a key from a few TF2 hat sales.

YeZ9roS.jpg

Was expecting a Courier since I have luck with these. Got a giant glowstone for a sword...
At least it wasn't an axe for Axe

I have 3 of those axe axe's. q_q

Hugstable

Banned
Is the server down for anyone else? I just got done with a 67 min game and nobody got anything and we get kicked a second after the stats are shown and now the connection to the Dota 2 server is lost with no items or cards or exp for my level. I feel like a whole hour of my life has been wasted and I'm kind of pissed ugh.

Hugstable

Banned
It still says Game in Progress and when I try to reconnect it just gives me an error. I don't want to leave game and all of a sudden get an abadon and no exp. I'm still level 1, but after playing a 67 min game that exp really mattered a lot to me.

Sajjaja

It still says Game in Progress and when I try to reconnect it just gives me an error. I don't want to leave game and all of a sudden get an abadon and no exp. I'm still level 1, but after playing a 67 min game that exp really mattered a lot to me.

Pretty sure its a bug.

Boken

Banned

*shrug*

even if you lose the BP, its not a lot in the grand scheme of things and those random drops suck ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom