• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
It still says Game in Progress and when I try to reconnect it just gives me an error. I don't want to leave game and all of a sudden get an abadon and no exp. I'm still level 1, but after playing a 67 min game that exp really mattered a lot to me.

You won't get an abandon, same thing happened to me earlier this week, the match eventually showed up in my history.

Still kind of annoying. What's to stop it from happening in any other game I play?

Nothing, might as well never play again.

marrec

Banned
Did you end up getting the exp for it? I'm pretty much over it at this point though. On to the next game lol.

I got a lot of exp from that game. For instance, that specific game I was significantly better at counter-warding our jungle.

As far as in game exp? Don't know, don't care.

ViviOggi

Is the server down for anyone else? I just got done with a 67 min game and nobody got anything and we get kicked a second after the stats are shown and now the connection to the Dota 2 server is lost with no items or cards or exp for my level. I feel like a whole hour of my life has been wasted and I'm kind of pissed ugh.

If item drops and battle points are your sole motivation for playing Dota you might as well quit right now.

Did you end up getting the exp for it? I'm pretty much over it at this point though. On to the next game lol.

See, there you go.

Filth

You get nothing
GOOD DAY SIR

I'm sorry, that's such an insane bad luck. Those items are Mythical as well from what I just checked. You got. Were they in a row?
That's a very very low chance of happening

Not in a row. I opened about 10 chests. I really wanted the magic carpet Smeevil. :/

marrec

Banned
LOL. I'm still a level 1 so I'm not even sure what happens on level up.

Well if you do get the exp then you'll notice. I wouldn't worry about the in game EXP, like, ever. Take what you can from each game to become a better player and the EXP will flow like candy eventually. Until you hit the trench, and then you'll curse the day you ever got more EXP.

Hugstable

Banned
Well if you do get the exp then you'll notice. I wouldn't worry about the in game EXP, like, ever. Take what you can from each game to become a better player and the EXP will flow like candy eventually. Until you hit the trench, and then you'll curse the day you ever got more EXP.

Yee thanks for the advice!

Is the server down for anyone else? I just got done with a 67 min game and nobody got anything and we get kicked a second after the stats are shown and now the connection to the Dota 2 server is lost with no items or cards or exp for my level. I feel like a whole hour of my life has been wasted and I'm kind of pissed ugh.

You are playing dota (games in general) for all the wrong reasons.

ElyrionX

Ummm, I don't want to buy keys so what can I do with all these chests I have? I've got seven Treasure of Champions. What are they worth? How do I even trade items? I don't see any options when I right click the items in my inventory.

EDIT: If it's possible to trade, would I be able to trade them for a cheap PL spear? Like maybe the Spear of the Herald?

marrec

Banned
Ummm, I don't want to buy keys so what can I do with all these chests I have? I've got seven Treasure of Champions. What are they worth? How do I even trade items? I don't see any options when I right click the items in my inventory.

They're selling on the market for ~10cents last I checked. (They're 5 cents now) Otherwise you can't do much. Most people won't trade an item for a chest since chest value is so incredibly low.

To sell them, go to Community, Market. And you should see them in your DOTA 2 inventory. Right click and you will have the option to sell.

Smithy C

Anyone have an alliance: loda card double to trade?
I figured i'd eventually complete one team just by playing the game, to upgrade the courier, but nope... with 3 days till it ends I might as well give up and trade...

I have a whole bunch of double cards myself.

Alternatively I also still need these pairs to complete a set, that would work too :
dignitas :fogged +waytosexy
DK : burning + X
MUFC : tfg+ling
mousesports : synderin + pas
rattlesnake: luo + ramn

I have fogged, waytosexy and X if you want them? I'm not going to use them.

marrec

Banned
Speaking of Marketplaces, the Lockless Luckbox is currently selling for $45... hmm, maybe my Pokeball will arrive before that price drops too dramatically.

ElyrionX

They're selling on the market for ~10cents last I checked. Otherwise you can't do much. Most people won't trade an item for a chest since chest value is so incredibly low.

I see. I just discovered the Steam market. I presume that items earned in-game are account-bound because I can't see an option to sell anything in my inventory but chests.

If I want to trade an item, does this mean I need to invite a friend to trade before I can do anything? Can't seem to find an option to gift an item to a friend or anything like that.

Hugstable

Banned
I have
Rattlesnake- Kabu
Fnatic Fly
LGD DD
and Na'vi Xbox cards if anyone needs them. Don't want anything in return since I already completed everything, (unless you got an extra tasty smeevil treat since I'm still locked out of one color on my international smeevil courier.

Also is the Strange Item quality worth anything? I ended up getting a strange fashion of yorseth mask for Anti-mage and a strange grand blade of the demigod for sven? Are they worth anything in terms of other rare items or keys?

marrec

Banned
I see. I just discovered the Steam market. I presume that items earned in-game are account-bound because I can't see an option to sell anything in my inventory but chests.

If I want to trade an item, does this mean I need to invite a friend to trade before I can do anything? Can't seem to find an option to gift an item to a friend or anything like that.

Ya, there's no way to just give someone something, you have to trade with them. Most items you get as drops won't be able to be sold on the Market.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My order doesn't seem to have been canceled yet, but I only ordered 2 balls, along with a Pint Glass and a Lanyard.

But seeing the prices of the Luck Boxes, I don't think I could justify opening them when they arrive if they are still that high. The loot list is well known, and I likely can just exchange like 5-10 keys for an item I want.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I got very little overlap with my opening my boxes. I opened two Dark Sear Heads and Bits of Boat. I also ended up with two Spectra Blades, but did trade for one.

XAL

Well since valve fucked us out of our pokeballs, plushies, and brewmaster shirts - I'm never going to get any luckbox codes because I have a feeling those items are not going to go back in stock :(

Anyone want to trade luckbox items for some stuff from these first 3 rows?

http://imgur.com/3qk9UrS

ElyrionX

I think I've finally figured out this Phantom Lancer after watching Loda play him. I've had two games in a row now. Lost both but I essentially carried the entire team for a substantial amount of time before we lost. Ended up K/D of 4-2 and 8-3 while my entire team had negative K/D. My only issue is that going with Tranquil, Drums, Diffusal, Heart and Manta (in that order) does not seem to give me enough firepower to finish heroes off quickly. Far too many times I've chased heroes only to watch them getaway especially if Diffusal is out of charges or I run out of mana.

I think I've finally figured out this Phantom Lancer after watching Loda play him. I've had two games in a row now. Lost both but I essentially carried the entire team for a substantial amount of time before we lost. Ended up K/D of 4-2 and 8-3 while my entire team had negative K/D. My only issue is that going with Tranquil, Drums, Diffusal, Heart and Manta (in that order) does not seem to give me enough firepower to finish heroes off quickly. Far too many times I've chased heroes only to watch them getaway especially if Diffusal is out of charges or I run out of mana.

Build manta before heart. You get DPS, survivability and extra illusions which make more illusions..

ElyrionX

Build manta before heart. You get DPS, survivability and extra illusions which make more illusions..

I guess the idea behind Heart first is that it makes PL and his illusions a lot more tanky and his squishiness seems to be his biggest issue. Yasha and Diffusal are supposed to provide a bit more damage and I am already building those before Heart. Perhaps I'll try going Manta first next game.

Also, if the rest of my team isn't great, how good is Drums really? +9 to each attribute seems to work really well for PL but are there more efficient items at that stage or should I skip Drums and go towards Diffusal first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom