• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't feel so bad, no one who ordered them got their order for them fulfilled.

Maybe its just taking time, but it seems the people who ordered only 1 or 2 are getting theirs. Valve likely wants to fulfill as many total orders as possible. Or emails are just taking time to get out.

XAL

Maybe its just taking time, but it seems the people who ordered only 1 or 2 are getting theirs. Valve likely wants to fulfill as many total orders as possible. Or emails are just taking time to get out.

I've read people that ordered 1-5 early aren't getting theirs fulfilled.

It feels like they were able to fulfill less than 50 pokeballs total.

I would expect these to go back in stock at a minimum of 30 days from now.

So I guess they didn't shuffle the pokeballs well. The dude who is buying stuff for me got 5 windrunners.

Thankfully he's trying to trade it for other heroes. Such a bro.

I guess the idea behind Heart first is that it makes PL and his illusions a lot more tanky and his squishiness seems to be his biggest issue. Yasha and Diffusal are supposed to provide a bit more damage and I am already building those before Heart. Perhaps I'll try going Manta first next game.

Also, if the rest of my team isn't great, how good is Drums really? +9 to each attribute seems to work really well for PL but are there more efficient items at that stage or should I skip Drums and go towards Diffusal first?

If you go yasha before heart, you might as well finish Manta then. As for drums, it depends on the level of harass I'm getting. If I'm getting free farm, then I just go bracers and straight to diffusal. I should say though I play a really conservative lancer in that I just avoid fights until I have diffusal (still play defensively) and then only when I have manta do I really start getting aggressive.

Spookie

I've read people that ordered 1-5 early aren't getting theirs fulfilled.

Hmm I am. :s

I ordered:

Dota 2 - Wizard & Donkey Polo Shirt
Dota 2 - Brewmaster Primal Split Stout T-shirt
Dota 2 - Microplush Blindbox x2

Then got about a hour later after I went to bed:

You like already have received an email from Valve support regarding issues with Brewmaster T-shirt stock.

The basic information from it is that we have run short and can’t fill the orders. It also includes a complementary Lockless Luckbox code in the email.

It states that we’re removing the item from your order so the rest can ship--but according to many responses, it seems like people tend to want us to hold the order until it can ship complete. So that’s what we’re going to do instead. If you would prefer that we cancel your order please contact me. Otherwise your order will be held for about ten days in order to get stock.

To be fair I've ordered from Valve before so maybe that's the tipping point?

Hugstable

Banned
Well if you do get the exp then you'll notice. I wouldn't worry about the in game EXP, like, ever. Take what you can from each game to become a better player and the EXP will flow like candy eventually. Until you hit the trench, and then you'll curse the day you ever got more EXP.

Ended up hitting level 2 right now and got some Common Elder Shield for DK. You guys were right lol

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Are you supposed to get your item key when you order your pokeball? I didn't receive a code when I ordered mine and may need to contact support.

Sblargh

Banned
"I think I'll try to play DOTA again"
*spends 10 minutes being called homopgobic slurs and laughed at for asking people to stop it"

Yeah, still not for me.

BeBen

Banned
"I think I'll try to play DOTA again"
*spends 10 minutes being called homopgobic slurs and laughed at for asking people to stop it"

Yeah, still not for me.

OtMVtbr.jpg

Gav47

Damn, my plushies got refunded as well. Although I got 100 back and the plushies only came to 70, I hope they did remove something else for my order.

woober

My valve store order from 8/7 still says billed. Haven't received any updates about my order too. Does anyone (people who purchased products during TI2) know if TI3 merchandise will still be sold after the event is over?

My valve store order from 8/7 still says billed. Haven't received any updates about my order too. Does anyone (people who purchased products during TI2) know if TI3 merchandise will still be sold after the event is over?

Yes, the online store will definitely still be restocked.

XAL

Mine is 2 days old and still order pending fulfillment.

I hope they don't remove all my tshirts from my order as well :(

woober

How fast was that Nature's Prophet plush sold out? I didn't even see it offered when I browsed their store the day they put their TI3 products out. o.o

cripterion

I recently got the Dota2 fever. This game can be quite addictive!

My best game so far :

I tested Luna during a single draft and quite got fond of this character. I have tested Dark Seer too, love his playstyle, but haven't got all the mechanics down yet.

I recently got into the Dota2 fever. This game is can be quite addictive!

My best game so far :

I tested Luna during a single draft and quite got fond of this character. I have tested Dark Seer too, love his playstyle, but haven't got all the mechanics down yet.

Luna is a pretty strong carry, I'm surprised she didn't make it into the limited hero pool due to her easy last hitting, fast speed, and potent but easy to use spells.

Nothing drains all the fun out of this game quicker than being blamed for losing a game despite doing your best. There have been games where, yes, I've been the only carry (all random) and couldn't carry hard enough. I'm ok to admit that.
There have also been times when someone isn't playing very well and they feed, or also can't carry as hard as they need to. But I either say something constructive or not at all, it's not hard to be a massive knob about it.
Whats strange is that these people are probably perfectly reasonable people in real life, but put them in this game where they have to win or not be at fault and they just turn in to children...

So I was the only carry, but I was a BH, not exactly an initiator or a tank, and certainly not a hard carry. I'll either get insulted for not charging in to the fight with the wisp tethered to me, or I'll get insulted for charging in to the fight and getting focused because I'm the only carry. I'll get insulted for going off trying to push lanes (with a tp and an enemy team that never bought wards) while they defend, or insulted for sticking with the team instead of going off to farm. By the end I had a lot of gold and no item slots to use, but not many kills as it was a 'free for all' kind of team. with only 1 carry theyd established as incompetant pretty early on, they were happy to all go for the last hits on enemy heroes.
We lost, but we made a last push which took two rax after winning a team fight of which I played no small part (by this stage I was doing 300 odd damage)
Anyway, I do enjoy BH and want to get better. My items weren't very good but the team comps were both a bit warped (ours especially) that after being accused of getting a refresher (I was building an orchid, but they thought refresher was likely because I was 'that kind of player') I went 'fuck it' and bought 2 sacred relics to go with my deso and BKB.
268830112 is the match id if anyone can offer any tips.

zulfate

after all these years i think i got the hang of it, thanks to the guides you can install while playing it really helped me. last night i had one of my best games ever and only died once. i usually try to play support but if anyone wants to play with a complete noob then add zulfate on steam!

Bad7667

Yeah the blame game is really bad. I never do it because when it has happened to me, it never helps. I usually just complain to my friends on Skype.

But man I hate when people have zero intention to take any advice whatsoever. Or even play like a team. Played with a Luna and she would never use her first spell or even harass a little. Lifestealer in lane with less than 100hp, and the player would run away. I think that type of stuff makes me more willing to say something to the player. I wont complain about mistakes, like a missed ult or something like that, but when a player understands English but just completely ignores the rest of the team and does their own thing, it can be quite maddening.

KaYotiX

Banned
Plushies @ the event along with the trading card courier for every 50 dollar purchase is sold out and won't be restocked. Sadness.

Yup valve just cancelled my order..... And I ordered the plushies as soon as it went up.

Freaking lame and disappointed

Tobe

if you wnat to blame someone, balme this chinese dude who bought 800 worth of plushies just to hog all the wizards. i only wanted warlock and didnt get it :( got 2 shitty wizards tho 2 out of 7 pokeballs is good :)

BeBen

Banned
if you wnat to blame someone, balme this chinese dude who bought 800 worth of plushies just to hog all the wizards. i only wanted warlock and didnt get it :( got 2 shitty wizards tho 2 out of 7 pokeballs is good :)

That's only 80 balls though

Valve should know better by now with vanity shit that people go crazy over them, even more so in Dota 2 that in TF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom