• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Moving threads to community is such a great idea, leaves space for amazing threads like these http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648967

I raise you this. Although this came from that thread and is awesome.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75740919

iRP8Rn0k69UqV.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would radiance and skadi be a good idea on Spectre? I call it the Spectre of Ice and Fire but I've not actually got to try it yet.
If you can farm both on Spectre without losing the game for your team then yeah it would work fine.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We're in community now? Does that mean we can circlejerk and shitpost with impunity?

I think so. It's only fair that we get to ruin the thread if we're banished into the Community wasteland.

EGM92

Just post the cards you need, someone will probably reply if they have them

Awesome.

I'm looking for:

fogged
banana
sensheng
illidan
syler
sockshka
goblak

I'm 7 away from a complete set. I no longer have items to trade towards cards.
If you got those and would be willing to trade for other cards just PM me here and we can set something up :D

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
And so the slow descent into the madness that was the HoN thread begins... the transformation is inevitable. Don't fight it Moodyshuffle, don't struggle against it. Let Agent Smith stick that hand in yo stomach yo.

JS1T4re.gif

Darkroronoa

It saddens me to see that this game has not much better community than league of legends,i guess it goes with the f2p element so i have to deal with it.
I did a bad start at a game as tidehunter,and a guy started swearing at me with voice chat asking me to leave and at chat at the end of the game(fag,delete the game,fuck you,etc,)and i forgot to report him.Sure i played bad (0/7/7 at the end i think,he started at my 4rth dead when we failed a teamfight,everyone had about same number of deaths) but i didnt troll and i tried what i could.I mostly played at limited and i just hit lvl 3 so i am kinda noob.
Why so many people have to be so offensive?Why dont they offer an advice or something if they think they are that much better?Does valve ban these players if they get reported?

ok im not into MOBAs, but im watching the games, and why am I hearing the Unreal Tournament 1999 announcer in a retail game?

Did they get permission?

if so thats cool, takes me back 12 years ago.... dem ut99 feels....

So I just played my first real game of DOTA 2 after playing League for a little bit. I kinda randomly picked the hero Outworld Devourer because he was ranged and near the end of the list and i ran out of time, and while the bots completely carried the game so much so that I didnt really do anything, I really like the idea behind the hero. He kind of reminds me of Ryze from LoL in that his abilities scale off of his total mana pool, and you can just spam his Q infinitely to destroy people.

As someone new to Dota but not new to mobas in general, would he be someone worth sticking with and learning?

Hylian7

So I just played my first real game of DOTA 2 after playing League for a little bit. I kinda randomly picked the hero Outworld Devourer because he was ranged and near the end of the list and i ran out of time, and while the bots completely carried the game so much so that I didnt really do anything, I really like the idea behind the hero. He kind of reminds me of Ryze from LoL in that his abilities scale off of his total mana pool, and you can just spam his Q infinitely to destroy people.

As someone new to Dota but not new to mobas in general, would he be someone worth sticking with and learning?

Not for your first hero. OD is a late game hero, but has the power to overwhelm a 1v1 lane easily. You need to understand just how much farm you need to have on heroes like this.

Not for your first hero. OD is a late game hero, but has the power to overwhelm a 1v1 lane easily. You need to understand just how much farm you need to have on heroes like this.

Hm, okay. I saw on the wiki the ranged heroes are generally very squishy, should I stick with strength heroes for now?

Also, I don't know if this is my computer or the game, but things just feel...unresponsive. It may be because I'm used to league, but everything just seems...sluggish. I understand that dota is a bit slower game, since the heroes have turn speeds and things like that, but even the camera seems to not want to cooperate sometimes. Is it just something I get used to?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, okay. I saw on the wiki the ranged heroes are generally very squishy, should I stick with strength heroes for now?

Also, I don't know if this is my computer or the game, but things just feel...unresponsive. It may be because I'm used to league, but everything just seems...sluggish. I understand that dota is a bit slower game, since the heroes have turn speeds and things like that, but even the camera seems to not want to cooperate sometimes. Is it just something I get used to?

What kind of playstyles do you like? The standard heroes people recommend you start with are Lich and Tidehunter, and I usually mention Jakiro and Axe as well.

Vade

Maybe if you rice for an hour, but calling dota a slow game interesting.

ink4n3

ok im not into MOBAs, but im watching the games, and why am I hearing the Unreal Tournament 1999 announcer in a retail game?

Did they get permission?

if so thats cool, takes me back 12 years ago.... dem ut99 feels....

The Unreal voice was in Dota 1. Valve got permission to use it in Dota 2.

Maybe if you rice for an hour, but calling dota a slow game interesting.

I meant that's it's literally slower, in the sense that champions have turnspeeds and things like that. Movement is "heavier" if that makes sense.

What kind of playstyles do you like? The standard heroes people recommend you start with are Lich and Tidehunter, and I usually mention Jakiro and Axe as well.

I'll definitely try those guys out. Generally I like to play tankier heroes/champions. One of the things I feel like I need to most re-learn is when to go in for a trade or something, but that's more something that comes from experience and knowing the heroes, right?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Check to make sure camera acceleration isn't on, that could be a problem with the camera.

As for the heroes, it's interesting that you say that because I can't stand league because of how slow it is. Maybe when you don't have boots some ms is league comparable, but after boots almost everything is faster.

Also, try not to carry the mindset many league players bring to dota, that being learning/having a "main". Play everything to learn the game before settling into a group of heroes to commonly choose.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Someone mentioned it a while ago but I forgot to note it: apparently there's a YouTube channel/series of videos showing discrepancies between Dota 1 and 2, anyone know what its called?

I'll definitely try those guys out. Generally I like to play tankier heroes/champions. One of the things I feel like I need to most re-learn is when to go in for a trade or something, but that's more something that comes from experience and knowing the heroes, right?
Yeah, you might really like Tidehunter and Axe then. If you want to be more of a carry as well look into Dragon Knight or Skeleton King

Boken

Banned

yeah youll just have to get used to it

As for the heroes, it's interesting that you say that because I can't stand league because of how slow it is. Maybe when you don't have boots some ms is league comparable, but after boots almost everything is faster.

Also, try not to carry the mindset many league players bring to dota, that being learning/having a "main". Play everything to learn the game before settling into a group of heroes to commonly choose.
everything is faster when youre zoomed up enough to see linas butt

My best fantasy team ended up getting 808. Wonder what sort of prizes Valve will give out.

Probably a badge. I'm sitting at 913 and change though Burning still has zero points for today. I hope that's a mistake still...(and smh @ dendi with 6 points for today)

Feels weird seeing this thread in community. Dota gaf deserves better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom