• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeBen

Banned
Dunno what's going on with the Matchmaking, i'm on a 7 games win streak, the last game supporting with Nyx and getting a QoP that went Radiance and ended with something silly like 16-0-10 in 30 minutes

I'll say that though, supporting in Dota 2 is a lot more fun than in other MOBAs i've played, you're so much more involved with all the active items

BeBen

Banned
Probably a badge. I'm sitting at 913 and change though Burning still has zero points for today. I hope that's a mistake still...(and smh @ dendi with 6 points for today)

Feels weird seeing this thread in community. Dota gaf deserves better...

Not a bug, apparently for the two sets that started yesterday and finished today the points were added to yesterday

Gofu

Banned
This game is really hard when you get 1 shot in fountain, American napalm and firepower too strong. We need to create political turmoil in their homeland.

Conceptor

I forgot to set my players for Days 1-4 so I finished with 653. Net and DDC played 2 days in the prelims while Puppey and YYF finished with zero points for me :(. Ah well

More importantly is anyone else's Edge Crab Dye bugged? I have had entire player rosters stamped for a week now and haven't unlocked it yet. Silent was bugged for a few days but it got fixed and I can't stamp anything else

Kard8p3

Guys what is the best way to play /build nyx? I really like the hero and want to play him most effectively. I just played a match as support nyx and had a pretty good k/d/a, but I feel like I'm not doing enough damage, or maybe I just suck at utilizing him.

Guys what is the best way to play /build nyx? I really like the hero and want to play him most effectively. I just played a match as support nyx and had a pretty good k/d/a, but I feel like I'm not doing enough damage, or maybe I just suck at utilizing him.

Dagon gives you extra burst damage so you could get that. You could also gank with another support (nyx leading the way in vendetta to scout). Also remember that mana burn does more damage the higher your target's int is so focus on the hero with the highest int for that. Generally in pub games I think nyx is very strong once he has his ult because they are less likely to get detection early on. Squishy int heroes are his food.

Wes

venison crêpe
giogdEu.jpg

Want.

ElyrionX

As PL, I am finding the lack of mana to be an issue in late-game where I typically have Tranquil Boots, Diffusal Blade and Manta Style. The Spirit Lance and Manta Style spam depletes my pool quite fast especially when pressure pushing. Assuming I have no mana support from my team, what's my best item option in late game when gold is generally not an issue?

EDIT: I am thinking a perseverance into Linken's would make the most sense since I get a stat boost from that too though if I already have a Heart, I don't really need the extra defense or strength stat.

As PL, I am finding the lack of mana to be an issue in late-game where I typically have Tranquil Boots, Diffusal Blade and Manta Style. The Spirit Lance and Manta Style spam depletes my pool quite fast especially when pressure pushing. Assuming I have no mana support from my team, what's my best item option in late game when gold is generally not an issue?

Soul Ring+Tranquils is the only way to play PL in pubs. Get a Ring of Protection when you spawn, complete Soul Ring first if you're feeling safe, Tranqs first if you're getting hassled. Keep it until you need your sixth slot. Enjoy never having mana issues on him again.

In other news, Luna versus OD mid is good times.

ElyrionX

Soul Ring+Tranquils is the only way to play PL in pubs. Get a Ring of Protection when you spawn, complete Soul Ring first if you're feeling safe, Tranqs first if you're getting hassled. Keep it until you need your sixth slot. Enjoy never having mana issues on him again.

I looked at Soul Ring and I don't really like it. Mana gain is temporary and at the expense of health which means it will be difficult to pull off in combat especially since PL is so squishy. Besides, I can manage my mana quite decently in early to mid game but it's the late game Manta/Lance spam that depletes it really fast.

Also, why didn't your Luna get Astral Prison spammed?

I looked at Soul Ring and I don't really like it. Mana gain is temporary and at the expense of health which means it will be difficult to pull off in combat especially since PL is so squishy. Besides, I can manage my mana quite decently in early to mid game but it's the late game Manta/Lance spam that depletes it really fast.

Also, why didn't your Luna get Astral Prison spammed?

You only use it in combat if you need clutch mana for a Doppelwalk, otherwise you pretty much only activate the Soul Ring for perpetual Lance spam on your enemy in lane or you use it to seed your army when pushing. Additionally, it gives you a natural 50% mana regeneration and +3 HP/s, which is more dramatic than you'd think. Try it once, you'll see the power.

And he did spam it, but Luna don't care about no INT. He needed to get like ~3 consecutive stacks on me to get any last hits, which he couldn't maintain until he got his Bottle. And by then I had like 2 whole levels on him.

ElyrionX

You only use it in combat if you need clutch mana for a Doppelwalk, otherwise you pretty much only activate the Soul Ring for perpetual Lance spam on your enemy in lane or you use it to seed your army when pushing. Additionally, it gives you a natural 50% mana regeneration and +3 HP/s, which is more dramatic than you'd think. Try it once, you'll see the power.

And he did spam it, but Luna don't care about no INT. He needed to get like ~3 consecutive stacks on me to get any last hits, which he couldn't maintain until he got his Bottle. And by then I had like 2 whole levels on him.

Ok, will give the Tranquil + Soul Ring combo a shot the next time I play.

Sanjay

Why does it say "unusual" when it has no unusual affect.

Oh wait I'm confusing that with the ones you buy at the TI3 shops. Nevermind.

I am new to this DOTA Item trading thing. How do I grasp what I should be trading for items in other rarity tiers? For instance, I was thinking of trading my Scree'auks Talon for a Courier and an announcer? How do I determine that that isn't completely dumb. The pricing guides that I have seen don't actually mean anything to me.

Thanks for the tips, I just threw off 68 cards for a rare, common and uncommon. Theoretically if I tried really hard I could've got two rares, but I wasn't really willing to invest that much time and effort.

elyetis

Well it had to happen, ally instant picking pudge + chen while not even knowing the timing of the fountain hook, but hey why train in private game when you can ruin other people game.

I was really surprised to see they were east european. : yeah racist etc.. :

Artanisix

Jesus christ your computer is worse than 109's old computer

zulfate

so i have been playing broodmother for 2 matches now (i am still new to this game) and i really like her, i think i love lane support a lot more than any other style of characters. if anyone wants to play hit me up on steam,zulfate. be warned i am still very new.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
so i have been playing broodmother for 2 matches now (i am still new to this game) and i really like her, i think i love lane support a lot more than any other style of characters. if anyone wants to play hit me up on steam,zulfate. be warned i am still very new.

Shes a solo laner, not a support.

Kard8p3

Dagon gives you extra burst damage so you could get that. You could also gank with another support (nyx leading the way in vendetta to scout). Also remember that mana burn does more damage the higher your target's int is so focus on the hero with the highest int for that. Generally in pub games I think nyx is very strong once he has his ult because they are less likely to get detection early on. Squishy int heroes are his food.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom