• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

yeah thats what i meant. but i also like playing support. maybe because it is noob friendly?

There is not a role on dota2 that is noob friendly, Support being one of the hardest of the roles to master. Really, you need to play without getting last hits, and still find the gold to get wards/courier. If there are enemy invi heroes, you need even more gold to get lots of sentries/dust for your team. Most of my games I have boots, bracer and wards at 20;00 and that's a okay game for me.

HomShaBom

Banned
Community?
rieJG15.gif

Orayn

I'm crazy hyped about Dota after watching that last game with my roommate and cheering at Alliance's win like it was my state's team winning the Super Bowl. I haven't played in quite some time and I have like a dozen wins to my name, but I want to get back into things. Who wants to tutor newbie scum?

Add me on Steam!

Hylian7

I just played Bloodseeker for the first time in forever.

How does anyone be successful with this garbage hero? I always feel useless with him and can never do anything.

While I was cheering for Navi, they had the opportunity to win but didn't seize it, can't be upset about that. Watching the International was a ton of fun, I hope that I am able to go next year, that would be amazing.

Aaron

Spirit Breaker was keeping me locked down every time. And this was before I could get BKB.
It's a bad matchup for Bloodseeker. There needed someone on your team with stun or disable to lock down SB while you chew through the rest of his team.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Eager for 6.79. How soon after TI2 was there a new version?

Came out around 2 weeks after TI2. Hoping for a new patch in a similar time frame, it's time for a breath of fresh air--no more minor 6.78 changes, let's put Huskar and Medusa in CM and morphling the shit out of bat and wisp, I want to see some new heroes up there.

Came out around 2 weeks after TI2. Hoping for a new patch in a similar time frame, it's time for a breath of fresh air--no more minor 6.78 changes, let's put Huskar and Medusa in CM and morphling the shit out of bat and wisp, I want to see some new heroes up there.

Please no. Probably the two heroes I hate most in 6.78.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My bet is that 6.79 will be Late Septermber of maybe Mid October in combination with Diretide 2.

In completely unrelated news, the Strife Subreddit is controlled by S2 and not the actual reddit community.

And the LoL subreddit has its strings pulled by riot, but that isn't news

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope the first thing Valve does is put Troll, Centaur, Abaddon, and Titan into CM. Titan Natural Order bug just make him a bit weaker then he should be, but for the most part they should all be good to go.

Arkanius

I hope the first thing Valve does is put Troll, Centaur, Abaddon, and Titan into CM. Titan Natural Order bug just make him a bit weaker then he should be, but for the most part they should all be good to go.

What Natural Order bug?
I find him weaker than he should in pubs but I'm not sure if it's due that

Hylian7

Can we knock Gyro down a peg too?

I also want to see Kunkka become relevant, Skywrath become more relevant (he was picked very few times in TI3) as well as Elder Titan in Captains Mode.

Atlantis

Had the oddest match of Dota I've ever played tonight. We were against a team of five carries, lost early and ended up putting up a fight late. We ended up losing, but it was the exact opposite of what you'd expect.

It did give me a chance to try out Ghost Scepter and Heaven's Halberd though.

Not pub dota without someone grabbing that 4th carry instead of a support then sitting in the jungle while the team loses around them. bonus points if that person is in fact a support and attempts to carry anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What Natural Order bug?
I find him weaker than he should in pubs but I'm not sure if it's due that

Minor thing, but any hero that gets armor from an ability isn't properly affected by Natural Order. Like Dragon Knight should lose his 12 armor from Dragon's Blood, but doesn't.

There are a bunch of things wrong with his spirit. It should be able to block neutrals from spawning but can't, it's natural order debuff stops working when it is returning, it doesn't get effected by move speed auras (but should), weaver's bugs can latch to it for some reason.

Also, his Split Earth starts 300 units to far up, and 100 units too short.

But what should be noted is almost everything wrong with him is a nerf, so he should be more then fine to be put into CM, since he isn't giving any sort of unintended advantage.

sixghost

So if I'm playing solo offlane Lone Druid against a dangerous lane that's pulling, when do you decide to abandon the lane and head off to the jungle? I just played a game where I got punished a couple times for trying to steal last hits from the pull camp.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't understand why it has taken so long for techies to be in the game. He's a classic Dota character.

The rumor is that Icefrog really wants to remake the character, but just can't figure out how to go about it. But Valve has basically run out of stall time, so if it doesn't happen in 6.79, we are likely getting Techies in his current form.

Arkanius

The rumor is that Icefrog really wants to remake the character, but just can't figure out how to go about it. But Valve has basically run out of stall time, so if it doesn't happen in 6.79, we are likely getting Techies in his current form.

That was it. Also Valve knew that it would be the requested hero should the Compendiums reach the last tier, hence why they already started their work on them.
They are coming, but first, I think we will get other heroes, Legion Commander will be the first, but I guess we will get Ember Spirit and Terrorblade afterwards.

Arkanius

That was it. Also Valve knew that it would be the requested hero should the Compendiums reach the last tier, hence why they already started their work on them.
They are coming, but first, I think we will get other heroes, Legion Commander will be the first, but I guess we will get Ember Spirit and Terrorblade afterwards.

ooops wrong post

F!ReW!Re

So if I'm playing solo offlane Lone Druid against a dangerous lane that's pulling, when do you decide to abandon the lane and head off to the jungle? I just played a game where I got punished a couple times for trying to steal last hits from the pull camp.

I would say when you get picked off (killed/ganked) 1 or 2 times and you fall behind with no hope of gaining extra xp/gold in the lane. Just say fuck it and go into that jungle (and stack ancients).

It kind of applies for most of the solo offlane heroes.
You don't want to feed their duo/tri-lane, better to just go farm somewhere else or in BH's case, get to lvl 6 and just roam for ganks.

Another note on BH:
A lot of people don't seem to get he's not a farmer. I mean; sure it's great if you get your basic items up before six, but he can bounce back really quickly from a shitty start. (THAT TRACK GOLD).
And for the love of god people just get 1 level of jinada during the laning fase to help with last hits, 2 levels of shadow strike is also more than enough (heck if you are doing well, you just need level 1) and max out that shuri toss first. Shuri does a shit load of damage early game and jinada is more effective mid to late game when bounty is dishing out more damage (since it's based on critical damage % from his normal damage, which isn't that good early game)
And the mother of all fails: DON'T GET BF ON HIM.

Arkanius

I would say when you get picked off (killed/ganked) 1 or 2 times and you fall behind with no hope of gaining extra xp/gold in the lane. Just say fuck it and go into that jungle (and stack ancients).

You don't want to feed their duo/tri-lane, better to just go farm somewhere else or in BH's case, get to lvl 6 and just roam for ganks.

Another note on BH:
A lot of people don't seem to get he's not a farmer. I mean; sure it's great if you get your basic items up before six, but he can bounce back really quickly from a shitty start. (THAT TRACK GOLD).
And for the love of god people just get 1 level of jinada during the laning fase to help with last hits, 2 levels of shadow strike is also more than enough (heck if you are doing well, you just need level 1) and max out that shuri toss first. Shuri does a shit load of damage early game and jinada is more effective mid to late game when bounty is dishing out more damage (since it's based on critical damage % from his normal damage, which isn't that good early game)

Don't get BF on most of heroes.
Juggernaut is another example. Everytime I see a BH and Jugger go BF I cry

Hylian7

Pull their creeps toward the tower with your bear. You'll need to be close enough where the bear can attack to do it, but in most cases you have quite a bit of space from danger. Early game they probably won't kill the bear unless you just let it sit there and they can wail on it.

Hylian7

Another note on BH:

I disagree. Maxing Jinada is better, it gives you a slow and a shorter cooldown FOR FREE. You don't have the mana to keep using that Shuriken Toss to get kills or attempt kills, unless you plan on doing something absolutely crazy and buying Arcane Boots or a Soul Ring or something.

NBtoaster

Maxing shuriken is inefficient. The last two levels scale worse than the first two, when jinada gives you reliable damage without mana cost more often. 155 mana is a lot when shuriken maxed, when you want to save mana early game for invis.

I want new items and new creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom